IGNORED

It's Now Official

naturbar

The tow company just left with my bike, actually it now belongs to an auction company. i am now officially without a bike :(. But an :2133: was looking over us on 12-13-14 when we totaled it. I can't express how much i've enjoyed and learned from this site over the past 6+ years. i'm torn whether to quit the site or continue to participate. the reason i entertain quitting is that it will be a constant reminder that my riding days are done and quite honestly feel somewhat envious of you all that still ride . i guess i'll just wait and see how it goes. i'm adding several photos of the bike as it was leaving. by looking at the pics the bike doesn't look totaled but the repair price was in excess of $12.5K. Ride safe ya'll.

022.1.jpg

016.1.jpg

015.1.jpg

Edited by naturbar
Correct damage amount

It just dumbfounds me how that bike could have a 15.5K repair bill.

But then again, I need the plastic piece that goes around the radio on the Miata I just bought and the dealer says it is worth almost $120, even though it only costs about $2 to make.

Stay with up, you can always be used as a bad example. :stickpoke:

RandyA

I believe at least 50% of the "totaled" bikes aren't. I blame LAZY insurance adjusters and inflated, false, cheating labor costs. That said, give yourself time to heal from the spill. Perhaps a lighter bike, or maybe a scooter (they're up to 700cc now) or even a three wheeler. Wish you the best whatever you decide.

Hey Natty,, I totally agree with the comments on here about 15k worth of damage,, I look at that GORGEOUS bike in the back of that tow truck and think to myself how many times I have stuck a 2x4 into frame parts and straightened em out, lopped stickers over broken plastic, slobbered wire feed over exhaust holes, tie wrapped saddlebags bag in place, stitched a seat with dental floss and on and on and I think - shoot man,,, that bike is good for another 300k:missingtooth:

just add a set of:rudolf:and let er buck!!

Seriously,, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you folks are ok, YOU DONE BEEN BLESSED - THAT is really all that matters!!

Tell ya one thing though Natty,, you gotta decide for yourself whether or not you wanna stick around here and harass these lop eared varmints but for me,,, even if all this medical stuff that I am going thru ends up dissolving my being able to ride I am STILL not going anywhere!! You, me and all the rest of this family have wayyyy to many stories to read (live thru others eyes) and stories to tell about our biking days, pictures of us geezers wrestling with our grand kids and just plain being a pain in the neck, to EVER leave this joint!! :happy-emoticon:

I personally feel the same way about my VR membership as I do about my pea shooters,, they can have it when they peel it from my cold - dead fingers... :dancefool: (or until these Mod's give me the boot:mugshot:)

No matter what you folks decide to do, no matter where your lifes road leads you, PLEASE always remember and know - you have friends and family here on VR!!:thumbsup2:

Godspeed

Puc

The tow company just left with my bike, actually it now belongs to an auction company. i am now officially without a bike :(. But an :2133: was looking over us on 12-13-14 when we totaled it. I can't express how much i've enjoyed and learned from this site over the past 6+ years. i'm torn whether to quit the site or continue to participate. the reason i entertain quitting is that it will be a constant reminder that my riding days are done and quite honestly feel somewhat envious of you all that still ride . i guess i'll just wait and see how it goes. i'm adding several photos of the bike as it was leaving. by looking at the pics the bike doesn't look totaled but the repair price was in excess of $12.5K. Ride safe ya'll.

It just dumbfounds me how that bike could have a 15.5K repair bill.

But then again, I need the plastic piece that goes around the radio on the Miata I just bought and the dealer says it is worth almost $120, even though it only costs about $2 to make.

Stay with up, you can always be used as a bad example. :stickpoke:

RandyA

Randy yamaha is very proud of their piece parts....front fender, gas tank and two hard bags come to $3900.00. and a bad example i am...

Just because you broke your wheelchair doesn't mean you get discharged from the insane asylum.....
You are right... i may be stupid but i"m not nuts....i think

I believe at least 50% of the "totaled" bikes aren't. I blame LAZY insurance adjusters and inflated, false, cheating labor costs. That said, give yourself time to heal from the spill. Perhaps a lighter bike, or maybe a scooter (they're up to 700cc now) or even a three wheeler. Wish you the best whatever you decide.
In this case i don't think he was lazy....parts are very expensive for this bike. thanks for well wish.

The plastic replacement cost is just astronomical on these bikes. And add about $70-90 bucks an hour to repair things and it dont take long to get to 60% of what a like, kind bike. It sucks for sure.
You are soooo correct !

Hey Natty,, I totally agree with the comments on here about 15k worth of damage,, I look at that GORGEOUS bike in the back of that tow truck and think to myself how many times I have stuck a 2x4 into frame parts and straightened em out, lopped stickers over broken plastic, slobbered wire feed over exhaust holes, tie wrapped saddlebags bag in place, stitched a seat with dental floss and on and on and I think - shoot man,,, that bike is good for another 300k:missingtooth:

just add a set of:rudolf:and let er buck!!

Seriously,, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you folks are ok, YOU DONE BEEN BLESSED - THAT is really all that matters!!

Tell ya one thing though Natty,, you gotta decide for yourself whether or not you wanna stick around here and harass these lop eared varmints but for me,,, even if all this medical stuff that I am going thru ends up dissolving my being able to ride I am STILL not going anywhere!! You, me and all the rest of this family have wayyyy to many stories to read (live thru others eyes) and stories to tell about our biking days, pictures of us geezers wrestling with our grand kids and just plain being a pain in the neck, to EVER leave this joint!! :happy-emoticon:

I personally feel the same way about my VR membership as I do about my pea shooters,, they can have it when they peel it from my cold - dead fingers... :dancefool: (or until these Mod's give me the boot:mugshot:)

No matter what you folks decide to do, no matter where your lifes road leads you, PLEASE always remember and know - you have friends and family here on VR!!:thumbsup2:

Godspeed

Puc

Puc if i had to take anyone on a road trip on a bike you would be THAT guy. can't tell you how much i've enjoyed ALL your posts, they are always a great read. you should consider writing a novel on all your experiences...i'll be first to purchase. i agree it would be hard to leave such a great bunch of riding nuts ..err biking dudes.

Godspeed

Puc

convert tweeks onto a three wheeler and off you go. get well my friend.