IGNORED

Baby it snowed outside

Miles

It snowed here in places of Western Washington (state) yesterday, just on and off for awhile, then hailed at times. Later last evening it started snowing again, and has continued. Not a lot of depth yet, but everything is WHITE.

I am a snow kind-a-guy. Love the snow. If we did not get any snow at all here...at some time of the year...I would move to a different location, just to have some snow.

SNOW :cool10: SNOW :cool10: SNOW:cool10: SNOW:cool10:

Lucky you.

I'm still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........for :snow2:

Our last measurable snow (0.1 inch or more) was MARCH 4th. We smashed the old record of consecutive days without snow back on Dec 9.

But that should change over the next 3 days... :fingers-crossed-emo :snow2: :fingers-crossed-emo :snow2: :fingers-crossed-emo :snow2: :fingers-crossed-emo :snow2: :fingers-crossed-emo :snow2:

My bike is dead so let it SNOW!!!!

YEP!!! we got it too ... pea-sized hail last evening, then snow overnight and this morning ... had appx 2.5 inches on my deck when I got up .... and it's now raining so by the time I head home @ 4:30, all the white stuff should be washed away .... just in time for more of it tonight and tomorrow! LOL

Guest tx2sturgis
Brian, that Ural should have been shipped by now, eh? What is the latest on arrival date?

Yes, it was expected in the New Jersey ports on the 16th...updates will follow!

:happy34:

No measurable snow here yet, had a few flakes fall about a week ago. Had a few minutes of pea-sized hail here yesterday afternoon, ping-pong ball sized up closer to Louisville. The weather "experts" are saying we could get a dusting next week,,,,, maybe. December is almost in the books, January and February usually go by pretty quick, guess I'd better sharpen the blades on the mower. I did notice some grass seed I sowed back in October is growing, finally.

The west coast area of BC, especially at or just above sea level doesn't get much, if any, snow. Because of that, our weather forecasters consider any amount of snow as a "snow warning"! Forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning is for anywhere from 1 to 3 centimeters .... CENTIMETERS! .... 3 of them ... that's like an INCH !! geeeeeesh!

Where I come from, a snow warning doesn't get issued unless it's going to be well over 6 inches (or like 15 centimeters or more).

I can remember back in the days of 3 channels of black & white TV that they NEVER freaked out about snow in the forecast. We had 5 miles of gravel road with plenty of hills for the school bus to negotiate, and there was a big steel box under the back seat that the tire chains were kept in. If we got caught out and needed them on then it was the older boys job to help the driver put them on, and then if it was still too bad to get us all the way home then we'd walk the last mile or so. About the only thing that kept us out of school back then was ice storms. Can you even begin to think what would happen if kids were asked to do that now?? Lawsuit city!! But I guess we all want it better for our kids and grandkids than we had it. :backinmyday:

Oh, BTW, that Ural looks like an absolute blast in the snow!!

Edited by Wrench

It looks like the bulseye is on central Wisconsin. they are talking about 14+ inches with 40 to 60 mph wind just to make it interesting.

Looks like I will get cheated again. here in SE WI only 3-4 inches of snow and a LOT of rain.

Ya,,, them hogs, they take it all and leave nothing for us to play with,,,, what a bummer!

Our brand new Port Mann bridge (10 laner) wich just opened 3 weeks ago had to be shut down due to slushy ice chunks falling on vehicles. When we get snow around here, it is the wet, heavy, slushy mucky stuff and a few inches (like 3-5) causes total havoc. It generally only lasts a few days but those few days are crazy for commuting, not to mention power outages, school closures, tree branches breaking, you name it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/12/19/bc-snow-ferries-school-closures.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/12/20/bc-port-mann-ice.html