IGNORED

Guardian Bell mounting

loehring

Guest BluesLover

that is should be mounted as far forward and as low on the bike as possible.

I have mine under the floorboards of the RSV.

Cheers,

When I received my Venture Rider's bell I used the ring that was on the bell. I put it through one of the holes you would use for installing a center stand. The ring was hard to open up but once it was open I threaded it through the hole like you would if you were putting a key on the ring. I used an electrical tie on a former scoot ... after a while it wore through and I lost the bell. Seems like the steel wire in a pipe cleaner would eventually rust through.:2cents:

I mount mine on the floor board mount on my 2nd gen. It hangs so that it hit's the road just before I scrape hard parts of the bike. Rose calls it the early warning system. When the bell tinkles we are close to scrapping so it does not surprise her. Works for us. Rod

I used the ring from a key ring (the type that you spiral the keys onto) and drilled a small hole in the bracket near the front of the frame. It won't drag till you are pretty far over, and looks good. You want it to swing freely so it can shake off those gremins easily! :)

attached mine to the brake line at the base of the triple tree, where is splits to the 2 front brakes...used a wire tie on it....they say as low as you can go, i wanted mine forward...the main thing is that it rings to ward off the evil road spirits....

I hate to be a PITA, but I must be deaf. I have two of the VR Guardians plus another half dozen bells from an auction, and I can't hear anything close to what I'd call a ring. A very quiet clink if I shake it hard, but no ding-a-ling. Now my question is... how in the 'H' am I going to drive my trapped gremlins crazy if the bell doesn't make any noise??? Do I have to go to a small swiss cow bell instead??. I'd rather be safe than sorry...... I want a genuine gremlin killer..... :whistling:

http://www.swisstraditions.com/bells/treicheln_set.jpg

Just today I took a few minutes and mounted my new bell. I used the bracket holding the front crash/tipover bar to the frame. Tucked in right behind the lower plastic fairing under the radiator. Just enough room to get the drill bit in and drill between the frame bolt and the weld on the bar. The ring for the new VRO bell zips in there just fine with a 1/8" bit and it hangs low like it should, but in tight so it won't drag on normal turns. won't come off either!

That makes my second bell. Also added my first flag mount and American flag to the luggage rack. All set now for the next warm riding day.

I picked up the wife's Honda Shadow Tour from the Yamaha shop (yea, they let me bring it in, but I had to buy them a shop manual (that I get to keep) so they could do some work on it) yesterday here in Central IL. Was about 50 degrees at 11am, and almost 60 by about 1, then dropped about 30 degrees in an HOUR and was down to zero overnight. Glad I got in that short one-mile ride on the wifes bike before the super cold hit again. :)

Mount those bells low and tight, and yes, gremlins have exceptional hearing so just a little tinkle is enough to attract them.