I removed the old Harley lights off the back of the bike this afternoon. I installed them last year, and since putting them on, I have had to replace two battery's.

Okay this is the question Strip lights are LEDs ( Diamond R's) the Harley lights are 1157 bulbs, I ran them together to the brake lights wiring at the license plate housing.

Was that the wrong way to wire them? Did I need a Converter for the LED's?

That is how I did mine about 2 weeks ago, except I removed the 1157 filament bulbs and went with LEDs, used the type that have a rotating head on them,works fine. See link below.

Only paided $25.00 for the light bar so figured I could spend a little more on the LEDs, plus I moved my flasher out of the tail light housing and up under the seat, now my strip light under the trunk,my brakelight, my IOWA 80 strips beside my saddle bags, backoff license plate light and my Harely lights flash when I hit the brakes.

If somebody rear ends me, they clearly have their head up and locked.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FBA15-ARA.htm#photos

I think you have some other problem.

reddevilmedic: you have the RSV confused with the other bike as having the parts auto disconnect feature. :stirthepot:

Yeah, but it was a Harley light set. :stickpoke:

I have had mine on for 4 or 5 years without any difficulty with the battery. Suspect there is a wiring issue here.

RR