IGNORED

1st Gen Custom Paint Ideas

HotRodYJ

I’m getting very close to laying down some new paint on my MKI project. I’ve been searching for ideas for weeks but I’m still not finding what I’m looking for. I’d like to see some first gen’s with something completely different like graphics, or two tones (other than factory scheme) or some strange paint technic was used like marbling or spraying thru lace, or something just wild and different. I’m just not a stock kind of guy and single colors bore me, (although that’s likely where I’ll end up with mine). I’m not real creative on my own, but I can copy other people’s ideas :cool10:. I have seen Venturous’ purple flame bike, but anybody got something else to show?

Here's a link to the bike we repainted for Quickstep & Aussie Annie before their trip last year. After the repair and paint job, we had the bike pinstripped.

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/Alans%2084%20Rebuild/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

The pics are in reverse order plus some from a ride/bbq we had.

Dave

Where did the graphics come from?

Looks like a nice job.

Where did the graphics come from?

Looks like a nice job.

All of the graphics, both branding and scrolls, were hand (freehand) striped at the Rat Fink Reunion in Manti last June. Frank is very talented! I told him what I wanted, showed him what the original stick on logos looked like and he did the rest.

Dave

You might consider a wrap. Put a picture on it, lizzard skin, your business logo... anything can be digitally printed on a wrap. We do them here but I can't talk the guys in to a free one for me. They don't like the sharp compound curves. I'm sure there's someone in your area doing wraps.

The V-max toward the bottom belongs to the office manager's husband.

http://www.bellcoinc.com/web_brochure.pdf

Attached are a few pictures of different bikes I copied over the last couple of years, when I was looking for ideas to paint mine.

Last 3 are from Thom, Steve CrossleY & RandyA.

Gary

Bjzv5lmkKGrHqYOKkIEsnE07-YBLU65LR69w_3.jpg

yellow 86 PS.jpg

Edited by dingy

Sorry to hijack a little, but dingy, do you have more pics of the Steve Crosslet bike or where to find more info on it? Looks like some mods were done to it.

+1 on the Corvette Summer paint job. Flames always look good on a vehicle.

-Andrew

Sorry to hijack a little, but dingy, do you have more pics of the Steve Crosslet bike or where to find more info on it? Looks like some mods were done to it.

+1 on the Corvette Summer paint job. Flames always look good on a vehicle.

-Andrew

greetings i can help you on that ! thats my 86 vr . its been through some changes all right. pm me your email and ill sent you more pics and try to fill you in on what to know.
:hurts: