IGNORED

Deep In The Heart of Taxes!

Yama Mama

Has everyone turned in their completed Tax forms?

Ron and I will be married 40 years in June. During this time, we have ridden our Honda 350 and also our Honda 500 downtown April 14th, about 11:30 at night many times. They used to have this poor Postal Worker standing there with this huge mail dumpster. We were not alone, there usually was a large stream of cars. Usually we were the only motorcycle.

As we have grown older, I did notice procrastination could possibly be entering the picture.

I have mentioned several times, that sense he is retired, he could figure out the paperwork perhaps in February or March. This way he would not have to stay inside working at the kitchen table with his calculator to the wee hours of the morning.

He agreed completely.

Last night, he was up until after Midnight. The kitchen table is covered with papers. He somehow lost our son's paperwork, but then it was found somewhere else in the house.

I am not one to say, I TOLD YOU SO!

No really I did not say it. I just smile and go outside.

Yama Mama:smile5:

Back in the day when I always owed something, I would always file on the 12th, as it beat the rush and also lowered the possibility of being audited as opposed to filing on the 15th. Not that I had any reason to fear being audited, just wanted to minimizde the possibility. Nowdays I get a refund, since Becky retired (whole another strory there) so I file as soon as possible to avoid giving the government an extended interest free loan. Mine is already spent...

Still working on mine.

We've had a tremendous amount of sickness and slight misfortune over the past three weeks that has held me up. I historically tend to wait until the last minute before personally preparing ours. And yes, my wife gives me the "down the road" about it. And she is right. I just procrastinate.

I'm also still trying to get over pneumonia.

This adoption credit stuff is confusing. We have to file all of that stuff via paper filing. May just file the extension and finish them next week.

And on top of all that, my 25 year old son wrecked his Hyabusa in New Mexico this week. Dislocated his shoulder and damaged his pride a bit.

Other than that, the weather is great for riding...when I get time.

I always do mine in Feb now. Used to wait like some folks till the bitter end but hated all the frustation at the last minute, besides worrying if I got it all right. Now I just take my time working on it when I feel in the mood.

Oh Don taxes are never pretty. It seems as the years go by we're getting the short end more & more all the time. :headache:

Larry

We did our taxes in January, waited until Friday to mail it since we had to include about $4k in taxes

I feel your pain brother, we just wrote 2 checks totaling just shy of 4K . It will get mailed in the morning :crying: I'd rather pay now than give those !%$#~@ crooks a free loan. If we get the same bunch for another 4 years that number will most likely double ! :bang head:

Guest tx2sturgis
Just getting ready to start on mine. Now where did I put all those forms. :scratchchin:

S'ok Boss, you have until midnite on the 17th this year.

:happy34:

Simple, stop making money...

Unfortunately that's impossible. Even if I retire, I will still receive a pension and have to pay taxes.

dang! wouldn't ya know it.... I wanted more money all my life and now, when I don't want any... I'm gonna get it anyway... :doh:

Last night Ron said he was placing the forms in an envelope. However, as I sit here with my cereal and coffee the papers are still spread all over the table.

I sure hope he gets that envelope ready today, and with a tear in his eye puts it in a mailbox.

Yama Mama:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Make sure to check the pickup times on the box you drop it in. If that box already had its pickup your return will be postmarked with TOMORROWS date.

In my younger days I used to like to go down to the main post office with a couple of cold ones, to watch the lines of people trying to get their return into the hands of the postal worker before midnight. As midnight approached people got more and more panicky. Great fun, for me as a spectator. Now with e-file it is not fun to watch anymore, no more long lines.