IGNORED

alternate fuel filter

I took my stock filter to an auto parts store and matched it up with a slightly slimmer filter. I think it was from a Ford. It makes changing it a bit easier. Been using it for years now.

These are the ones I copied off another posting. But I have not checked then out to see if they are any good.

Wix 3304

NAPA 3011

Purolator F 100 24

Auto Zone FF3330 (luber-finer G478) has a metal body)

NAPA Gold 3307 (has a metal body)

I checked at the local NAPA and the filters did not have a metal body, so that is why you should take the filter with you and do a side by side comparison, and bring a tape mesure tape.

Bubber

Thanks guys I new I could count on ya. Thanks pickinfred I found that post before but couldnt find it again. I think the wife must have moved it like she does all my junk she just screws up my organizational skills but Its bookmarked now for easy refrence.

:fatsmiley:

Thanks guys I new I could count on ya. Thanks pickinfred I found that post before but couldnt find it again. I think the wife must have moved it like she does all my junk she just screws up my organizational skills but Its bookmarked now for easy refrence.

Playboy.....you and...well I won't say the name...but a friend ...might just have an unlucky day..if your better half or the warden were to spend some time on this site:whistling:

After spending some time with the pros and cons, I moved my fuel filter to the front of the battery. Thanks to whoever posted the pics!!

Changing the filter might be easy for many......but its now easier for me.

• 2 months later...

Got the metal casing F10024 at Advance Auto. It is skimmed than the plastic OEM filter. When I get the chance this pm, I'll replace my ff. Can't wait to find out how it will perform on my Venture this riding season. :322:

I have ahd a couple problems in years gone by with the plastic filters. One was jammed in place and I guess rubbed against a bracket or something on my KZ650. Never caused issues other than started to really smell gas. Another time on a race car the end where the hose connects cracked right where it meets the body and blew the hose rigth off the filter. I think I'll go with a metal housing type.