IGNORED

Hack, Wheeze, Cough!!!

Aussie Annie

Geez, trying to breathe isn't easy :yikes: Have had a chest infection for about five days, and now I'm using a puffer :doh:

Looks like the dreaded family asthma thing has caught me :crying:

If ya miss it as a kid it can get ya later in life AAWWW Crap!!

My Mother had senior onset asthma in her 70's, my sister got it at 30, and my cousin at 76.

........... and I'm still waiting for my trike :crying::crying:

I'm sorry you're sick Annie. I too got got adult onset asthma. Well the doc thinks I've always had it but I only need the puffers when I get sick. Apparently all the choral singing I did as a kid staved it off til I had kidlets. Dad had smoking related emphysema (prolly asthma too) I have asthma, my oldest has severe asthma, and my son was diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Best I can say is take the meds as you are supposed to. Make sure you have the emergency puffer and ask for a non puffer that doesn't increase your risk for a heart attack. There are several that do. Had a friend with moderate asthma 27 yrs old that had a mild heart attack in the spring....the treating doc was unaware he was on asthma meds so my friend doesn't know if the meds caused it or if it is a medical condition he needs to know about. No insurance, no aftercare :/

A University professor (so assumingly a smart person) had severe asthma.

Woke up in the middle of the night with an asthma attack and reached for his puffer BUT IT WAS EMPTY!!!!

He died.

His final lesson was this.....

For those who lives may depend on it, always be sure you have one on hand AND a spare in case!