IGNORED

made the jump to a 2nd gen...

tomephil

And now we can get another valued opinion. Just how much faster is the 1st Gen than the 2nd????:whistling::whistling:

You know Dan...1st gens aren't really faster, its just the ride is so much smoother and comfortable on a second gen that were just relaxed and enjoying the ride why you are in a hurry to "get there" because you can't wait to get off the darn thing. :rotf::stirthepot::big-grin-emoticon::stickpoke:

Enjoy your new ride, I made the jump from a 1st Gen to a 2nd Gen exactly 1 year ago and I haven't regretted it at all. My 2nd Gen is the most comfortable bike I've ever rode.

One thing about the pipes, I'm not really into overly loud but I have noticed that if I have to ride through busy around town traffic the fact that the cars beside me can hear me helps them remember I'm there. I honestly feel like the cars are less likely to pull over on me if they can hear me. In busy traffic, sometimes it's impossible to stay out of their blind spot.

Sure is a nice bike and red is almost as fast as blue.

You know Dan...1st gens aren't really faster, its just the ride is so much smoother and comfortable on a second gen that were just relaxed and enjoying the ride why you are in a hurry to "get there" because you can't wait to get off the darn thing. :rotf::stirthepot::big-grin-emoticon::stickpoke:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :sign yeah that: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :fnd_(16):

Great looking machine Tom, look forward to seeing it close up next summer some where. I hear you when you say you don't want to be stuck some where looking for a part.

Say hi to Terry, from Pinky and I and take :stickinouttounge:care

Edited by Pam
spelling

My biggest concern is the foot forward issue but I am going to modify the heal/toe shifter (as someone did on the site) and maybe back extend the floor boards somehow... I'll get around to that in the spring. .

Before you do this drive it on a long trip. You may actually like it. Took me a bit to get used to it, but would hate to go back now.

In the photo it look like stock pipes and I am surprised you find it loud. Maybe you are hearing some of the engine noise as it is not all covered in plastic. :stirthepot:

BRad

Before you do this drive it on a long trip. You may actually like it. Took me a bit to get used to it, but would hate to go back now.

In the photo it look like stock pipes and I am surprised you find it loud. Maybe you are hearing some of the engine noise as it is not all covered in plastic. :stirthepot:

BRad

Exactly Brad..After having mine I got to loving it.

BRad

No, The clutch whine is too loud to hear the engine. I just like a quiet ride. I'm going to wait until I have a back rest before any heal toe shifter mods. Spent about 1.5 hours on the highway yesterday and I can feel it on my lower back. Just the way I'm built I guess

Great looking machine Tom, look forward to seeing it close up next summer some where. I hear you when you say you don't want to be stuck some where looking for a part.

Say hi to Terry, from Pinky and I and take :stickinouttounge:care

Thanks Terry says Hi too.

3. Windshield air vents, I'll do that next spring

FYI, Clearview uses a stock Honda Goldwing air vent. It's a little bit tricky to install on the Venture windshield because of the curvature, but it can be gotten at any Honda store.

Personally, I love my 4" under smoke Clearview with vent.

I'm also big on LED lighting - turn signals and brake light. I'm not as worried about whether they can hear me as whether they can see me.

No, The clutch whine is too loud to hear the engine. I just like a quiet ride. I'm going to wait until I have a back rest before any heal toe shifter mods. Spent about 1.5 hours on the highway yesterday and I can feel it on my lower back. Just the way I'm built I guess

Yup need a backrest, as it helps the lower back. IF you do not have riding pegs you can put your foot on the top side of the crash bar above the peddle and shifter, that takes some pressure off.

If you like quiet your gonna half to fix the clutch, Wow riding this time of the year must be cool. :think:

BRad

Yup need a backrest, as it helps the lower back. IF you do not have riding pegs you can put your foot on the top side of the crash bar above the peddle and shifter, that takes some pressure off.

If you like quiet your gonna half to fix the clutch, Wow riding this time of the year must be cool. :think:

BRad

I'm not getting out much, just when I can for short periods when its above freezing. I'm not big on sliding...

Not sure what can be done about the clutch, I'm told that is just the way they are.

The foot pegs are a good idea also. Someone mentioned on the site that HD has foot pegs/floor boards that fit the venture so I may check that out as well.

FYI, Clearview uses a stock Honda Goldwing air vent. It's a little bit tricky to install on the Venture windshield because of the curvature, but it can be gotten at any Honda store.

Personally, I love my 4" under smoke Clearview with vent.

I'm also big on LED lighting - turn signals and brake light. I'm not as worried about whether they can hear me as whether they can see me.

Thanks Bummer,

Again, great ideas!

What a great site!

I don't want to miss out on the Food and Ice Cream!!!

Before you make to many modifications to the shifter and boards I would suggest getting used to the differt way the bike sits and rides. It is in no way going to feel the same as the 1st gen. When you get used to it you may decide you like it and the 1st gen will feel funny just like the

2nd gen does now. I rode a goldwing before I got my 2nd gen and fine that I can ride more miles on the venture than I could on the goldwing because of the way my legs set forward instead on straight down or a little backward like they dod on the wing. I also find that my tail bone doesn't hurt as much after 6 or 7 hundred miles. Enjoy the bikes.

Tom, nice to see you got a RED one,Tracy does too and then there is me and you ! That makes 3 in the " Peg " ? I'm sure you will really enjoy it, I've had mine since new and I'm very happy with it, I do like the color ! ! enjoy " Mobile "

Tom, nice to see you got a RED one,Tracy does too and then there is me and you ! That makes 3 in the " Peg " ? I'm sure you will really enjoy it, I've had mine since new and I'm very happy with it, I do like the color ! ! enjoy " Mobile "

We're going to do a photo op with the 3 redheads!

Before you make to many modifications to the shifter and boards I would suggest getting used to the differt way the bike sits and rides. It is in no way going to feel the same as the 1st gen. When you get used to it you may decide you like it and the 1st gen will feel funny just like the

2nd gen does now. I rode a goldwing before I got my 2nd gen and fine that I can ride more miles on the venture than I could on the goldwing because of the way my legs set forward instead on straight down or a little backward like they dod on the wing. I also find that my tail bone doesn't hurt as much after 6 or 7 hundred miles. Enjoy the bikes.

Thanks Rick.