IGNORED

Everyone Be Safe, Irene isn't going to play nice!

SaltyDawg

Everyone up the Eastern Seaboard pay attention to this girl, she means business. We hope everyone stays safe and has little to no damage.

Right now the eye is projected to make landfall about 15 miles from us and then go right over us. Everybody in low lying areas head to higher ground she is going to be a big Rain Maker ala Floyd. Only she will be moving faster thank God. So play it safe please.

Wayne

Everyone up the Eastern Seaboard pay attention to this girl, she means business. We hope everyone stays safe and has little to no damage.

Right now the eye is projected to make landfall about 15 miles from us and then go right over us. Everybody in low lying areas head to higher ground she is going to be a big Rain Maker ala Floyd. Only she will be moving faster thank God. So play it safe please.

Wayne

Take care of yourself there SaltyDawg. Get to higher ground. Shucks, just come stay with me for a few days. We will feed you fried tadders and balony and cornbread and beans. We got an extra bedroom. If you want to rough it, bring your tent and pitch it out in the back yard behind the garage, I just mowed it down real pretty for you. Just take a many vacation and bring the wife and check out Kentucky. We will treat you so many ways that you will have to like one of them.

Fuzzy

About eleven months ago, Linda and I went to eastern NC and stayed at ADC's and spent one night over on Okracoke Island. It is such a special place out there and it breaks my heart knowing that there is going to be a lot of devastation and there is little that can be done about it.

I spent almost three years in Goldsboro, NC in the Air Force and my son was born in New Bern, NC, so I do have some long ago memories of that area. I also used to camp down at Salter Path, below Atlantic Beach, but that campground is now a big condominium.

I wish you all the best and you will be in our prayers.

Randy & Linda

Thanks for the well wishes and offers to stay. Fried taters and balony sounds pretty darn good, it's been a long time. At this time we are planning on sticking it out, we have been through some pretty rough storms before. We hope this one isn't going to be as bad as the weather channel and news are making it out to be. I haven't decided if they are just making a big deal of it since it's the first one to hit the East Coast in a while, or if it really is that bad. We have had 130 mile sustained winds before, this one is supposed to be 110 when it comes ashore. It's starting to look a little disorginized and hasn't strenghtened like they though it would, so maybe it won't be as bad.

In the morning if it looks worse then we may head inland.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Wayne, hop on the scoot and come over. Going to have one hell of a hurricane party! Plenty of beer and a BOAT !

BEER30

Yeppers, you may have the boat, but most likely planted on top of them trees around your place :rasberry::rasberry:

Good Luck, you and Becky becareful

Yeppers, you may have the boat, but most likely planted on top of them trees around your place :rasberry::rasberry:

Good Luck, you and Becky becareful

Thanks George. Been here almost 18 years and had many a hurricane come right up to our front door. Out of all of them storms, watching trees fall over like dominoes across the hwy on Camp Lejuene, I've set on the front porch and only have a small breeze blow my hair. Only lost 2 tabs off a shingle, but now have a metal roof.

At least this storm will give Becky and I a few days off to rest. Been busier than a one legged flea infested dog.

BEER30