IGNORED

Securing the trailer overnight

Aimhigh

I just padlock the coupler and leave it on the bike. If I leave the trailer at motel, I just padlock the coupler and leave the trailer in front of my room or wherever the bike is being parked to save that spot. Usually ask desk if they can keep an eye on it, but who knows if they do.

Overnight I use a master cable lock as shown on the attached link. I wrap it around the rear rim and then to the trailer tongue. It would defintely slow someone down but I am sure no matter what you do if someone wants the bike or trailer they will find a way. Basically it keeps an honest man honest. Good luck :fingers-crossed-emo

http://www.masterlockcycle.com/product_quantumcuff.shtml

If I'm traveling I just leave my trailer hooked up to the bike. I use a set of locks with matching keys for the reciever and the trailers tongue. If I'm somewhere where I want to leave the trailer at the hotel or whatever I use a 15 foot cable from HF and a hearty sized lock and fasten it to a light pole or whatever is handy. If nothing is available i'll run the cable thru the wheels and axle, besides using the coupler lock.

As noted if someone wants it bad enough it'll be gone.

Larry