IGNORED

New to RSTD

I just took delivery on an '09 RSTD. It will fit in the garage with Yamaha GTS - you're a real Yamaha fan if you are familiar with a '93 - '94 GTS. Having been the owner of a V-MAX, I've always been a fan of the V-4, and I love the style of the Tour Deluxe and Venture and can't wait to get some serious seat time. I've already picked up some useful info from you all, so thanks for the site!

Welcome Frank,

You'll love it I'm sure. Yep, that V4 is a great engine.

There's going to be a Meet & Eat near Jacksonville in the spring for Georgia and Florida riders, plus others in the SE if you can make it.

Pics.. got to post some pics when you can.. :Cool_cool36: RandyR

Welcome to the group Frank

I believe that you'll fall in love with the V4 once you get the RPMs and powerband down. Now that GTS is a RARE bike as I have only seen 1 in person, enjoy the site and if you have questions....ask them.

BTW for those of you thgat have never seen a GTS, here is some info on it. It's truly a remarkable machine that never caught on.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_gts1000_abs.htm

Edited by Squidley

Frank, before you spend any money on replacing the seats. I strongly recommend going to the classifieds and look up Rick Butler's seat mods. I wish I had before I bought and sold a set of mustang seats and the comfort cruise, wouldn't have saved alot of money. Also, Utopia makes a backrest for RSTD.

I just took delivery on an '09 RSTD. It will fit in the garage with Yamaha GTS - you're a real Yamaha fan if you are familiar with a '93 - '94 GTS. Having been the owner of a V-MAX, I've always been a fan of the V-4, and I love the style of the Tour Deluxe and Venture and can't wait to get some serious seat time. I've already picked up some useful info from you all, so thanks for the site!

Welcome to the site! I love my RSTD, especially when getting "serious seat time". I'll echo the advice to get a Rick Butler seat modification if you feel you need a seat change.

I also advise that you become a supporting member of this site. You simply cannot find a better resource for the RSTD, and motorcycling generally, than here. You can buy the manuals on eBay or find them free, but there are many procedures that are simply wrong in the manual. Believe me, I know.

Oh, and the people here are top notch!

Again, welcome aboard!

Dave

• 3 years later...

Just took delivery 2 weeks ago. So far I love this bike. Went to smokey mountains but did not take RSV. Weather too bad in GA to make the trip over July 4th weekend. Once I reached the the mountains I was sick that I did not venture thru the weather. Wife and I are looking forward to making the journey this fall.

• 3 months later...

2 royal star venture sightings today...One on Blue Ridge Parkway and the other on the way home to Georgia from deals gap " the dragon's tail" and Pigeon Fordge Tennessee . The sightings were just before Ga.515 outside of I 575. Awesome looking bike all black with passenger arm rest. I need some for my bike!

This was my first long ride and I really enjoyed the performance and comfort of the bike. Thru the parkway still has me thinking about the snow and ice on the roads. My wife is a real trooper to deal with these conditions. Need back rest, highway pegs, and driving lights...other than that I am satisfied.

Oh by the way...the dragon's tail was tamed today.

Welcome to the board. I've seen quite a few GTS's listed on CL over the years. Even a couple of them locally in NorCal. Always thought they were neat looking, and would have picked one up if I didn't already have a stable of VR's and RSV's. There is a GTS owners website and they do have a yearly gathering..... Do a google search. You'd think they were really rare, but not that rare.....