IGNORED

Gauges for RSTD's

Ponch

I don't know if there is interest in this or not, but I'm working on a gauge mount for Tour Deluxes. If anyone has a used (scratched, dented, etc.) tank panel they could send me, I would send them a gauge mount for free after I get a final product complete.

Thanks, Ponch

I don't know if there is interest in this or not, but I'm working on a gauge mount for Tour Deluxes. If anyone has a used (scratched, dented, etc.) tank panel they could send me, I would send them a gauge mount for free after I get a final product complete.

Thanks, Ponch

I have done a guage mount on the RSV and if you do a search you will find others. I mounted mine to the ignition cover. I also did a write up but never published it on the forum.

PM me with your addy and I will send you the pictures and the write-up.

Don when you read this, if you send me your addy I will send you a copy and you can see if you want to put it in the tech section.

Steve

I have done a guage mount on the RSV and if you do a search you will find others. I mounted mine to the ignition cover. I also did a write up but never published it on the forum.

DO IT!!

At least post some pictures... I would really like to add a few gauges on mine but I don't want them on the handle bars... I don't like the way that looks... And I'm a loser that still listens to cassettes every once and a while.

I've been trying to come up with a way to do it and have not had anything that I've liked yet...

Okay thread hijacking over.

Thanks, Ponch

Is this for the 2005 up RSTD's? I can't offer a panel but would be interested in the end product!

Is this for the 2005 up RSTD's? I can't offer a panel but would be interested in the end product!

Yeah, I believe any TD will work, maybe even a Royal Star. I'm sure Randy Rick or Pegscraper can fill in the blanks here.

Guthdaddy here in Texas is offering his TD as a test subject and he gets the first one. I just need a panel to use for prototype fit up. I guess I need to call Pinwall.

Ponch,

Just to let you know, the tank panels on the '05 and up Tour Deluxe are not the same as the older Royal Stars from the '90's. The older Royal Stars have the speedo on the tank very similar to what the current Road Stars have.

Ponch,

Just to let you know, the tank panels on the '05 and up Tour Deluxe are not the same as the older Royal Stars from the '90's. The older Royal Stars have the speedo on the tank very similar to what the current Road Stars have.

Thanks

Ponch. I'd probably be interested in adding a set of gauges to my RSTD.

Here's a thought, leave the option for also mounting a couple small toggle switches for accessories like LED parking lights or fog lights in the spaces between the gauges.

Ponch. I'd probably be interested in adding a set of gauges to my RSTD.

Here's a thought, leave the option for also mounting a couple small toggle switches for accessories like LED parking lights or fog lights in the spaces between the gauges.

Will do.

Ponch,

:sign yeah that: On the early Royal Stars, there is no room in the panel for this kind of thing, not even a single gauge. They or it would have to have their own complete enclosure. I am less familiar with the later RSTDs and how it might work there.

• 3 years later...

Has anybody come up with anything on this old 09 thread as to a gauge mount

for the later model RSTD's ??

I have been thinking about some form of gauge mount for my 08 RSTD. I am thinking about a " Volt meter " and " Temp gauge " .

However I run with a Tank bag most of the time so not much room . Have been thinking about building some type of " Mount " on the clearview windshield, for the gauges, and useing quick disconect wireing leads.

Has anybody come up with anything like this ???