IGNORED

Getting the wind off your knees

BuddyRich

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, when you get them, make sure you use a little rubbing

alcohol under the fairing before you apply the sticky side to it.

and then they will never move. I have the blocks made , but

I do not use them anymore. not necessary if you prep the surface right.

you will love those darn wind blockers !

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Question Buddy. You state that the smoke gray shows distortion? How much?

Either would look good on the 08 S model but if black matches the Yami lower deflectors I'll order those.

Don't get here much but will check back.

Thank you.

hh

• 2 weeks later...

Saw B2Dad's wind blockers so ordered my set after getting home this past weekend. Looking forward to using them. I think I may well put them on now just to help keep rain off when getting caught in stoms. if heat becomes an issue then at least they come off easy enough.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

I took a staining sponge and cut it in to thirds then used 1 of the pieces between the

deflector and the air intake cover. Been using it for a week and it works great. Didn't think to take pics until afterward so the sponge is what is left after being cut in thirds.

• 3 months later...
Just for a refresher Buddy will the black match the Yamaha lower wings or will your smoke color be closer.

here is my 07 with yamaha lower wings and black deflectors,, you really can't see the deflectors they blend in with the black of the air filter covers and the engine.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2360

Hey Guys, Just to clarify. Its $35 for black or smoke and $40 for transparent red or blue. If any of you sent me too much I'll either refund it thru paypal or throw it in with the kneeblockers when I send them out to you. Thanks

Criminy!!! I should have looked up your geographic location...we just spent two days in San Antonio....could have picked them up for the ride home dang it!

I'll paypal you a payment when we get home Buddy, I screwed up there, would have been great to meet you in person.

gunk:smile5:

Well, The smokes are darker than the smoke color of the Yamaha movable wind vents . The black is just plain black. Go by the color of the bike since they attach to the lower fairings. If your bike is black then go with the black for sure. [/quote

Hey Buddy, Just sent paypal - '08 Charcoal Silver RSV. I'm thinking the black would look best, but smoke is ok to. Not sure what would look better.

Can't wait, getting cooler up here in upstate NY!

Thanks, Dal