IGNORED

Storage Space (capacity)

should be easy to find out.....

:whistling:

First,,,,,get a big hose.

Fill containers so you can measure while you dump the water into the saddlebags

Then drain them and go for a ride with the covers off to dry them out.

If I can help in any other way just ask!

That's what we are here for!

Does anyone know how many liters of storage capacity the MK2 has?

My God man, you live in Iowa! Speak English will ya! :rotf::rotf:

But I can put in 24 boxes of quart size ZipLocks in the top trunk if that helps. :smile5:

I'm gonna start running now.... you ain't that far away.

Mike

My God man, you live in Iowa! Speak English will ya! :rotf::rotf:

But I can put in 24 boxes of quart size ZipLocks in the top trunk if that helps. :smile5:

I'm gonna start running now.... you ain't that far away.

Mike

Hey MIke leave the poor guy alone he is using the world measurements.......maybe he is an honorary Canuck or sumthing.:rotf::rotf:

Edited by friesman

Hey MIke leave the poor guy alone he is using the world measurements.......maybe he is an nonorary Canuck or sumthing.:rotf::rotf:

That's possible. I'll try to buy 10 liters of roasting corn at the farmers market tomorrow and see how that works out for me.

Bet I come home hungry.

:stirthepot:

But ..... all I can find for an actually figure so far is the MKII had an increase of 50% in storage capicity over the MKI. So I'm not much help.

Now I'm hungry for roasted sweet corn. Dang.

Mike

That's possible. I'll try to buy 10 liters of roasting corn at the farmers market tomorrow and see how that works out for me.

:stirthepot:

Mike

I buy my liquid corn 1.14 liters at a time.....I think you all even bottle it down here for me.....

Brian

rough estimates show each MKII saddlebag has a volume of 1.412 cubic feet

(40 liters, 9.1 gal dry, 10.56 gal wet volume capacity)

the trunk is about 2.21 cubic feet

(62.57 liters, 14.2 gal dry, 16.53 gal wet volume)

total for your enquiry... 142.5 liters

(80 + 62.57)

Edited by mbrood

rough estimates show each MKII saddlebag has a volume of 1.412 square feet

the trunk is about 2.21 square feet

(80 + 62.57)

Do you mean cubic feet? You can have an area dimension with square feet, but that will not show volume.:detective:

RandyA

Yeah I did Randy... took some effort to find a shorter return spring but finally a generic bike shop hooked me up. All of the major dealer would only ask for a part number and every one demanded what bike it was off... when I said it was a modified stand, they simply said they couldn't help.

Yeah I did Randy... took some effort to find a shorter return spring but finally a generic bike shop hooked me up. All of the major dealer would only ask for a part number and every one demanded what bike it was off... when I said it was a modified stand, they simply said they couldn't help.

What I did was to take the "C" shaped bar and put it in a big vise and make the length shorter. That has the same effect as making the spring shorter. Did it help you in getting the bike on the centerstand. Did it go from almost impossible to just very difficult?

RandyA

It obviously limits the height of the "raised" bike but it makes it a whole lot easier gettin' her up... almost like a bike half it's weight. Considering I am about a half weight... it corresponds very nice!

I had to love one dealer's parts guy. I explained that I had the center stand shortened and he got a very serious look and said, "You KNOW that voids the warranty!" I smiled and replied, "It's only an '86 so the warranty is probably still the same!"

All I know, is I can carry my laptop in the trunk, my networking toolkit in the left bag, and my pc repair kit in the right.

THESE TOOLS WILL NOT FIT IN A 2008, or a 2012 HONDA GOLD WING!

Thats all that matters :)

Though the 1500CC Wings can O.o

rough estimates show each MKII saddlebag has a volume of 1.412 cubic feet

the trunk is about 2.21 cubic feet

(80 + 62.57)

i dont believe the trunk to be 62L. one of the largest givi trunks is 52L, and it should swallow the stock trunk. i put a bestem 42L on my fiirst gen, and its about equal in size to stock. just sayin...

All I know, is I can carry my laptop in the trunk, my networking toolkit in the left bag, and my pc repair kit in the right.

THESE TOOLS WILL NOT FIT IN A 2008, or a 2012 HONDA GOLD WING!

Thats all that matters :)

Though the 1500CC Wings can O.o

Thankfully I don't own any of the above tools.:think: I'm just really attracted to the 1800 Wing, smooth, torque, style. Just not ready to pull the trigger on that kind of money:sick:.