IGNORED

Help requested!!

jkt69

I would appreciate your thoughts on this as I have a few questions, once again. Apologize for my ignorance upfront.

- I can get warranty work at any Yamaha dealer I choose, correct, and not just the one I purchased the bike from?

- When I got the bike home, first off it was really dirty, when I washed it yesterday and got it good and clean, I noticed a large scratch running all the way across my windshield….how should I go about getting that replaced, or can it be replaced since I already took delivery of the bike? If I can get it replaced would that be a warranty item?

- I notice when I am decelerating the exhaust sputters some, not backfiring, just kind of like it is coughing (if that makes sense). I also noticed it does this when I rev’d in the garage yesterday.

- How do I know if they even prepped the bike before I took delivery? My thoughts are all they did was roll it from the show room out to front of the building and wait on me to pick it up.

Sorry for the questions, but this is a new bike and I want to make sure I get it off to a good start, and I simply do not trust these motorcycle dealers…at least not the ones around here.

Thanks again for your help.

jkt

Any yamaha dealer can do warranty work. The windshield will not be warranty but should be replaced by the dealer if it was scrachedwhile they had it. The carbs will need to be synchronized and that should take care of the coughing. Give the selling dealer a chance they will be more likely to take care of you sense you bought from them.

You might not want to mention the washing. Theres is a chance they could say that you scratched it with something in the clothe. Of course as Redneck said its not coverd by warranty, but the could cut you a deal or even replace it free just for the good PR. Good Luck.

Excuse me for butting in, but if they took the bike from the show room and put it outside, how did it get so dirty that you didn't see scratches? Was there a mud storm?

Is this show room in a barn?

Why would you spend that much money and not insist that they wash the bike for you and why wouldn't you look it over before taking it?:think:

Excuse me for butting in, but if they took the bike from the show room and put it outside, how did it get so dirty that you didn't see scratches? Was there a mud storm?

Why would you spend that much money and not insist that they wash the bike for you and why wouldn't you look it over before taking it?:think:

Wow. Smart ass alert. Yeah, it was a mud storm.

The dealer didnt wash my TD after the 600 mile serice. They acted like WASH:confused24:????WE DONT WASH!!!!!!-----Buzz

If it has oil and a battery in it then they prepped it thats about all they do besides putting around 5 miles on it to make sure everything works. where did you get the bike. I noticed you are in alabama. If anywhere close to childersburg we should ride sometime.

I to, have to wonder why the bike was so dirty. I know it is after the fact but a car or motorcycle has to be gone over by owner before leaving lot. Once gone, your word against theirs. Bike in for service I can understand not washing it but new $15000 bike I would sure think so, plain old good business practice. Noticed you wondered about other dealers honoring your warranty. Looks like you might have had other issues with this dealer. Hope this dealer replaces your windshield no charge as warranty won't apply.

Let me clarify, the word dirty is relative to my standards. When I was looking at the bike I was taking it all in, seeing everything on this bike for the first time....I was not looking for small scratches on the windshield, only after I got it home and got deeper in to the bike did I notice the scratches.

I bought the bike from Sylacauga Yamaha, called them and they are open to looking at the windshield and sync'ing the carbs.

If it has oil and a battery in it then they prepped it thats about all they do besides putting around 5 miles on it to make sure everything works. where did you get the bike. I noticed you are in alabama. If anywhere close to childersburg we should ride sometime.

Small world...we go to 29 Dreams a few times a week. Tim and his guys are the only ones I will trust to work on the bike. We need to hook up there soon. I haven't seen many Ventures there so shouldn't hard to find each other.

You must have got the red 08 they hade. when you go in tell them you are good friends with me "Mark Russell" and they will take care of you. I ride with Mike and John sometimes and hang out at the shop and help out. If you want any work done tell them that only Mark is allowed to touch your bike. He is the best they have and cares he will take care of you. Feel free to use my name to get better service.:080402gudl_prv:

You should go to lunch with us on 8/02/08?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24050

Edited by yamahamer

Small world...we go to 29 Dreams a few times a week. Tim and his guys are the only ones I will trust to work on the bike. We need to hook up there soon. I haven't seen many Ventures there so shouldn't hard to find each other.

Have they finally paved the parking lot, or is 29Dreams still gravel?

At one point a bunch of us had memberships, but when they raised the dues again and again we said enough. :(

Have they finally paved the parking lot, or is 29Dreams still gravel?

At one point a bunch of us had memberships, but when they raised the dues again and again we said enough. :(

Still gravel. Dues are only $15 for the year. Can't imagine that would break anyone. Or, $1 a day visitor pass.