IGNORED

Started a new social group here

Stratcat

Playing with one of the new functions on here I think.

Under quick links there is a "Social Groups" Option. I started one for those of us both Bikers and that also fancy themselves muscians. :guitarist 2:

So if you play, sing, beat on boxes with wooden spoons or whistle for fun, and love music then lets get some discussion going on our other passion as well! :whistling:

Post up some messages in the group about your favorite instruments, memorable gigs, or how playing is Zen like, similar to riding, anything!!

Just thought I would experiment with the new options, at least I think it's new:confused24:

Yep...those are a new feature of the upgraded software. I almost disabled them because I really don't think a lot of, basically private forums, taking away from the main forum. I decided to leave them though and give it a try. They are perfect for exactly the way you are using them. Very good idea. :)

Yep...those are a new feature of the upgraded software. I almost disabled them because I really don't think a lot of, basically private forums, taking away from the main forum. I decided to leave them though and give it a try. They are perfect for exactly the way you are using them. Very good idea. :)

Cool we'll see how it goes, I was just thinking that way a discussion on music and musicians would be isolated and not take away from the main motorcycle interest of the system and only those interested would have to wade through the musician discussions.

Hmmm how about biker/photographers..:whistling:

Also I know it has been said a hundred thousand times, but all of your hard work and this amazing community is VERY MUCH APRECIATED!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest ReinyRooster

Had to read the title of the thread again...thought someone was starting a ne:cool10:w social disease.

• 2 weeks later...
Playing with one of the new functions on here I think.

Under quick links there is a "Social Groups" Option. I started one for those of us both Bikers and that also fancy themselves muscians. :guitarist 2:

So if you play, sing, beat on boxes with wooden spoons or whistle for fun, and love music then lets get some discussion going on our other passion as well! :whistling:

Post up some messages in the group about your favorite instruments, memorable gigs, or how playing is Zen like, similar to riding, anything!!

Just thought I would experiment with the new options, at least I think it's new:confused24:

I'm in, The only thing I love more than riding my VR is being on stage playing the blues harp. Sometimes I ride my bike and play the harp to myself.:whistling::bluesbrother::7_6_3[1]::cool10:

I'm in, The only thing I love more than riding my VR is being on stage playing the blues harp. Sometimes I ride my bike and play the harp to myself.:whistling::bluesbrother::7_6_3[1]::cool10:

Awesome now your talking my language, love a good blues harp!

I keep one in my work van and play it sometimes while driving down the road. Just have gotten some strange looks from folks. :) I'm not good but I do enjoy playing it at times. The one I keep in the van is a Suzuki.

A man of many talents!

Awesome now your talking my language, love a good blues harp!
I love to play every chance I get, usually in the clubs around here the bands will invite me up to do a couple of songs or at Karoke I'll get invited to accompany singers with the harp. Recently a guy heard me that has a recording studio and called me out of the blue to ask me if I would record the harmonica tracts on a CD they were producing.

Soooooooooooooooooo, I spent one afternoon in the studio doing harp, background Vocals, and some spoken word tracts. It was a lot of fun. It probably won't make me rich or famous. But, I can now ad legitimately to my resume and business card:

Recording Studio Artist along with:

Emperior of The Universe

Diabolical Genius

Master of all I survey

Published Author

Legendary Lover

Legend in my own mind

I keep one in my work van and play it sometimes while driving down the road. Just have gotten some strange looks from folks. :) I'm not good but I do enjoy playing it at times. The one I keep in the van is a Suzuki.

Cracker Barrell Restuarants are responsible for starting me playing the harmonica. Once when I was doing a lot of business travel by car. I stopped in one for a meal. By the cash register they were selling c harps for $3.00 a piece. I bought one and started playing it along with the radio as I was driving. One $3.00 C harp has turned into a full set of 12 Johnsons that are being upgraded one by one to better harps.

Now I don't leave home without them. If you ever see me on the bike my harps will be in the trunk and a C harp in my pocket. They are much easier to carry on the bike than say a piano, set of drums or a guitar.:bluesbrother::cool10::bluesbrother::cool10::bluesbrother::whistling::whistling::whistling: