IGNORED

Son went down in nc.

kwisor

Hi all

my son and i went to western nc to go riding this weeknd he has a 03 rsv he was going around a curve and the bike went out from under him it slid on its side through a ditch and stopped upside down on the side of a mountian the good lord was with us he was un hurt (but pride maybe) just some scratches and burs on his leg the bike has a lot of damage windshield broke off the lt frt crash bar bent back and we could not shift it but we took a crow bar bent it out and finished the ride the bike maybe a total loss but just would like to say that bikers no mater what thay ride help when in need there where about 6 riders that stoped to help us right the bike and get it out of the ditch

kevin wisor

199 rsv

jax fl

Edited by kwisor

Hello

we are not sure why he went down the tires are new put on a week before we went thay are eltte 3's the person behind him said that he did not wabble or look like he was having troble we did find some trash that was a waxy type like a milk carton is made of with his tire tracks on it may not of seen it and if the tire hit it that could have done it but it happined so fast we may never know rest of the ride had no problems maybe adam can chime in and give his thoughts as to how it may have happend . Hi jeff no i took the side car off becouse this is to nice of a bike to sprap down with a side car it drove like truck with no power steering i put the side car on the 86 cavelade and it handles much better then when the wife and son rides we just go

kevin wisor

1999 rsv

jax fl

Glad to hear he wasn't hurt, I want to give some advise here. Made damn sure he has an accident report that stated the accident wasn't his fault. i say this because I am getting screwed by my insurance company in the fact that they say our crash in January was my fault. So make sure right now that you get all the paperwork in order so he doesn't have his rates go up....I am in the process of fighting mine and telling the insurance comapny where to shove it

:buttkick:

Glad your son is Ok. Kind of frustrating when there is no obvious reason for a crash. The milkcarton material could be it. It only takes a small loss of traction in a curve to send it to the pavement. It could happen to anyone. That is the reason I don't push it too aggressively in great twisties even though I would like to. Just never know what is awaiting in the next curve. Not to say that I have never dragged a peg in a curve. The Elite 3 is a great tire especially for longevity and heavy meat side wall. They are all I used to run on the back. With that said I switched to Avon's a softer compound tire because the elite3 seemed to get a little squirrely especially on wet pavement because of the harder compound rubber. I don't know if that had anything to do with your circumstance though.

I had a guy go down in front of me this weekend in N.wilksboro which the mountains of NC,I ride there alot and noticed the state had been dumping alot of gravel to fill the the shoulders of the roads where we had rainfall that had washed it away.The gravel gets kicked back on the roads.It was unusually bad this weekend.