IGNORED

Back from Pork in the Pines

juggler

We just landed back at home about an hour ago.

This years Pork in the Pines was a great success. Black Owl cooked up vats of his famous chili.

The pig cooker performed perfectly, the pig (all 115 pounds) turned out great and it was fun eating. Cooking commenced early Saturday morning and wasn't finished until about 6pm. I ate several pounds of it myself.

This year more people than ever camped at Gary's place turning his farm into a biker campground. A special thanks to Gary for providing his place for the rally. However, I think next year many people may camp on the other side of the farm AWAY from the ROOSTERS!!! They sure like to wake up early and cock-a-doodle-doo.

We had rides on Saturday and Sunday as well as a maintenance day on Sunday. Saturday we had about a 170 mile ride on the backroads of Northern MN. Part of Saturday's ride was a quick stop at the Mississippi headwaters for those that had never been there. It's always great to walk across the mighty Mississippi. I am told Sunday's ride was also a great success. I was helping with maintenance day, but most of the crew went ona full days ride through more backroads which many of the Canadians tell me are better than their primary roads.

On Sunday we set a record for us at Pork in the Pines. We successfully completed work on five bikes. That is four more than we've ever done in past years. (There was usually too much drinking and goofing off for any serious work to get completed. This year we did several carb syncs, plug changes and color tunes.

Also a special thanks to Freebird for providing us with the Colortune. We successfully used it on three bikes on Sunday then we raffled it off. I forget who won it, but they are happy to have their own color tune now. Thanks Don!!! :cool10::rotf::whistling::rotfl:

My wife is processing photos and I have a few hours of video from Saturday's ride to process and get posted. That should make it way here and to the Pork in the Pines website.

Those in attendance were:

Myself and Tigeress

Black Owl

GrandpaGak and GrandmaGak,

Sarges46 (Rick) and Marilyn

Red1

minnmac and wife Renate

wild hair 39

krispy and wife Denise

Rocket

Norm and wife Kim

noddy (Gord) and wife Laura

Bubber and wife Luanne

tessa c2

Lennie

RedRider and son Grant

Crowsnest (Brandi) and her man Crow

Bigbob was in attandence via our thoughts and prayers. Those that have met him have always found him to be a great man. We pray for his recovery and look forward to seeing him again.

Thanks to all for attending and making this years Pork in the Pines another successful VentureRider.org rally!!!

:checkeredflag::biker::checkeredflag:

Edited by juggler

Thanks again, Gary and Anne, for opening your place up to all of us. Thanks also to Kris for roasting the pig. And Black Owl for the chili and all the pig fixings.

Big Bob was on all of our minds this weekend, and I hope he recovers quickly.

It was great seeing everybody. It was also great that we didn't have a drop of rain all weekend.

I do think we should add one thing to the menu for PIP 2009....deep-fried rooster! I think everyone who camped this year will agree with me on that one. :thumbsup2:

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here is the link: [/url]http://www.tigeress.net/pork2008/

I too would like to thank all those who helped put on the Pork in the Pines weekend. It was our first. We enjoyed meeting everyone. The food was the best and the rides through the country side were beautiful. If anyone gets to Eastern Montana look us up. The rain was all saved up and dumped on North Dakota as we drove through Monday. We made it home safely but were a couple of drowned rats.

Norm & Kim ( the Montanans )

I too would like to thank all those who helped put on the Pork in the Pines weekend. It was our first. We enjoyed meeting everyone. The food was the best and the rides through the country side were beautiful. If anyone gets to Eastern Montana look us up. The rain was all saved up and dumped on North Dakota as we drove through Monday. We made it home safely but were a couple of drowned rats.

Norm & Kim ( the Montanans )

Glad you made it home safe. Even if you did get soaked. It was good meeting you two.

Guest tessa c2

Lenny and i got home about 7 pm, thanks Rick for driving us down for lenny's rain suite, it worked great, but sure didn't have the laughs with it though, we had rain most of the way home, and the temp dropped down to about 7 degrees at the bourder of Man& sask, where we had fueled up, rick & marilyn, thanks for suppling us a place to hold up and the feed, pete

Great pictures and we hope everyone made it home safely. We were there in spirit

and look foreword to seeing more pictures.

I see Russell (AKA BlackOwl) was given a hoot on his scoot but I did not see pictures of the VENTURERANGER.:mytruck:

You all looked pretty good crossing the headwaters and now you have lots of stories to tell.

Next years should be even bigger then this one GO GARY and ANN you do know how to put on a party.

We wish Bob a speedy recovery and hope to see him again.

We mis you all and wish you all well.........................Ron & Linda

I saw a pic of Owl on a motorcycle....what a novel idea for him

:stirthepot:

He actually did a short ride (was gone a few minutes), after I synced his carbs, on Sunday. Then he wanted it changed back "too much power"......

I also had to make sure my electrical crimpers, didn't leave with him..... He sure liked the ratcheting type, with changable jaws.

:stirthepot::canada:

Thanks again, Gary and Anne, for opening your place up to all of us. Thanks also to Kris for roasting the pig. And Black Owl for the chili and all the pig fixings.

Big Bob was on all of our minds this weekend, and I hope he recovers quickly.

It was great seeing everybody. It was also great that we didn't have a drop of rain all weekend.

I do think we should add one thing to the menu for PIP 2009....deep-fried rooster! I think everyone who camped this year will agree with me on that one. :thumbsup2:

Agreed on most, but the rooster (not supposed to eat a bunch of deep fried stuff).:bang head:

I had put the rooster on "ignore" & went back to sleep everyday.:stirthepot: Maybe I can do this, due to my work enviroment at times. With course staff setting off different kinds of pyro, to get the candidates into overdrive (under attack secenarios).

I'm not back yet, but now back in Canada. It was soggy & windy during yesterdays ride. Will be back in Wainwright tomorrow, back to work on Friday.

As was discussed some, maint time on both Sat & Sun, those that want to ride can & those that want to tinker, will be able to as well.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::canada:

Ok, I'm now back in Wainwright & found out I will be mostly out in the field again, for the next 3 weeks....

So I may not have much time, to get on site for a while. :bang head:

Hey Rocket,

I hope you had a great ride home and didnt get too cold or wet. Glad you stopped in for the visit. Next time we will have to get you out for a beer or two and actually feed you something besides taco chips..lol. Dont let them work you too hard!

Brian