IGNORED

Clay18's sendoff...............

DragonRider

Well, we had a nice get together at Hooters for our own Clay18, to send him back to Iraq for his second tour in the sandbox. Had a great turnout we had 21 people show up for the meet. We had old friends, new friends and new babies.....Clays baby girl. Thanks to all those that showed up To show Clay how much we appreciate what he and all the other service personal are doing for us...........

"THANKS CLAY"

One of our newer members just departed for home, this was his first meet with VR and I think he came away impressed with the group he met, of course some of our more colorful chararcters were not present, good thing maybe????. He was one of 3 new comers that showed for Clays send-off. Bryan Lay, Redbeard, and Dave3, were making their first meet and it was great having them show. Readbeard was on his Drifter but will soon be picking up his RSV. Dave was on board a blue 2nd Gen and Bryan had a beautiful 03 custome painted 2nd gen with matching trailer(pics). What a great group we had, even had FlyingLow cage it with his family so it was a great meet. Just wish we would have had more time. Most will recognize old and familiar faces in the pics I will try to list them if I missed you sorry, didnt pass out an attendance list, we just had too much fun.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21421&d=1220242979attachment.php?attachmentid=21424&d=1220242979

Blackjack

Sleeperhawk

Sleeperhawks Mechanic

RiderDuke

Craig

Kimberly

Pick

Atlanta Dragonslayer

DragonRider

DragonLady

Clay18

LadyClay & Chelby

86er

Flyin Low and family (5)

Craz Dave and Wife......Harley Invader

Redbeard

Dave3

Bryan Lay

Blackjack

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, was fun and cant wait for this group to meet again..............

One of our newer members just departed for home, this was his first meet with VR and I think he came away impressed with the group he met, of course some of our more colorful chararcters were not present, good thing maybe????. He was one of 3 new comers that showed for Clays send-off. Bryan Lay, Redbeard, and Dave3, were making their first meet and it was great having them show. Readbeard was on his Drifter but will soon be picking up his RSV. Dave was on board a blue 2nd Gen and Bryan had a beautiful 03 custome painted 2nd gen with matching trailer(pics). What a great group we had, even had FlyingLow cage it with his family so it was a great meet. Just wish we would have had more time. Most will recognize old and familiar faces in the pics I will try to list them if I missed you sorry, didnt pass out an attendance list, we just had too much fun.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21421&d=1220242979attachment.php?attachmentid=21424&d=1220242979

Blackjack

Sleeperhawk

Sleeperhawks Mechanic

RiderDuke

Craig

Kimberly

Pick

Atlanta Dragonslayer

DragonRider

DragonLady

Clay18

LadyClay & Chelby

86er

Flyin Low and family (5)

Craz Dave and Wife......Harley Invader

Redbeard

Dave3

Bryan Lay

Blackjack

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, was fun and cant wait for this group to meet again..............

Lewis, what can you tell us about that little "chevy trailer"?

man that looks neat.

just jt

My sincere thanks and appreciation to everyone that attended this Special Event in honor of our good friend and patriot Clay18. We had a great turnout of VR.org friends and family, and as might be expected, there was a good mix of familiar faces and the always-pleasant surprise of seeing some new ones, as noted previously by Dragonrider.

A super-special thanks go out to those who "went the distance" in order to attend: Riderduke rode in from VA, Sleeperhawk & the Mechanic rode over from SC, and Bryan Lay who rode over from Warner Robins GA in a most round-about way!

We all wish you the very best, Clay, and will look forward to yet another excuse to get-together upon your safe return home. My hat's off to you, Laurie, for being a brave and courageous wife in support of your husband and family. If there is anything we can do in Clay's absence, don't hesitate to let us (your "other" family!) know...

Terry

Thanks to all for the invite! My daughter, Cat, Redbeard and I had a great time, seeing some old friends and making some new. Its really hard to get time off to get to these meetings, but when you do, it makes it all the much better. Was enjoyable putting faces with names, Sleeperhawk, SH Mechanic, Blackjack and all. We did enjoy ourselves!

Clay, be safe and godspeed, hope to see you back here on our soil real soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, had a great time, thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :group cheers:

thanks for everyone that came out. maybe we can get that meet and eat in bagdad this time :cool10:

Clay,

My son in law was slated to go to Irag this Oct. He's in the Marines and he's already done one tour in Afghanistan. Now they are telling them they may have to go back to Afghanistan again. Do you see this happening to you?

thanks for everyone that came out. maybe we can get that meet and eat in bagdad this time :cool10:

One of the mess halls on Liberty is pretty decent, but I would vote for the felafel stand on the Iraqi FOB at Taji. Just remind everybody to bring Cipro.

Sorry we didn't get to make it. We will get together before you get out of here.