IGNORED

Bad news from Canadian crew going to PIP

sarges46

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Duke (Wayne and Susan), Terry and I were able to visit Big Bob.

We had a great visit!

He is doing fantastic considering where he was a few days ago.

I will let Johanne do the offical update but I just wanted to let everyone know that he looks good and is doing well.

Take care,

Tom

P.S.

If anyone should see Lowell, please let him know how much Big Bob has improved!

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Yesterday was another great day! ALL tubes are out!!! My Dad is now eating Breakfast, Lunch and Supper (not big portions but enough to satisfy him). He is also now able to walk to his washroom and back with a bit of assisstance. The hospital here as I mention before is fabulous - the care, the nurses, the doctors, the room, the food....

**Special thanks to Wayne & Susan and Tom & Terry from Winnipeg! My Dad truly enjoyed the visit, the laughs and friendship.

We are now off to the hospital.....

Johanne :sun1:

Last night we received a voice mail report from Tom. It was great to hear Bob is getting much better. I knew they were going down Sunday and wished I could be there. We were at my nephews wedding in Winnipeg over the week-end.

Thanks for the report Jo. BTW, I never did get an email to send the pics we had.

May I suggest that a new thread be started titled " Good news from the Canadian Crew"

Or Good news about Big Bob"

Seems that Big Bob is on his way to recovery and all those good thought and prayers from everyone are kicking in. Thank God for that. May it continue and Big Bob gets back to him O'l self as soon as possible.

Our hopes and prayers are still with you and a lot of people follow this thread to read the updates with keen interest, not just the people that have met you but even those that haven't had the chance yet.

God Bless and God's Speed to you in your recovery.

Yet to have met (but hopefully at the next Pork in the Pines)

Steve Stelter

aka Bubber

Guest Big Bob Daughter

It is confirmed that my Dad will be transfered to the General Hospital in Regina on Thursday and will arrive sometime in the evening. I'm sure it will be a very long ride (approx 9hrs in the back of an ambulance) but I'm sure the nurses will pump him full of pain medication.

Johanne

Ouch 9 hours, you would think they would air lift him, at least closer. Hopefully he will not be too uncomfortable. Very good news to hear he is able to travel. I am also happy for you as you will be closer to home as well (thanks for the updates)

BRad

It is confirmed that my Dad will be transfered to the General Hospital in Regina on Thursday and will arrive sometime in the evening. I'm sure it will be a very long ride (approx 9hrs in the back of an ambulance) but I'm sure the nurses will pump him full of pain medication.

Johanne

seems like every prayer, every day, brings better news!

tell the "big man", we won't quit, 'till he is 100%.

just jt:banana::banana:

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Well my dad made it to the hospital in Regina. The ambulance from Gravelbourg picked him up this morning and brought him to Regina. My Mom and I drove to Winnipeg to drop off my stuff and pick up the rest of her stuff. We stopped to visit my dad on our way to Gravelbourg. He said that the ride was not too bad.

We just unloaded my car and tomorrow morning we will head back to Regina where I will get my mom set up and then I will leave in the afternoon for Winnipeg.

Johanne

I was happy to hear that Bob had a good trip and that he is still improving steadily.

It's good that Bob is getting closer to home but its going to be tuff on you to be running back and forth from the 'Peg so be careful on that hiway.

Would it be ok to run up and visit him while he is in at the General?

Let me know if you guys need anything while youre in town and I will do my best to help.

Brian

Guest spetersen

Hi Bob (and Johanne and Yvonne)

It was sure nice to visit with you today after the Regina Toy Run. You're looking real good and you'll get better all the time.Just take it easy,one day at a time.

Take care!

Noella ( LilHugger) and Syd:Venture:

Guest straycat

I just caught this thread today, don't get on as much as I like to due to job considerations. My hart and thoughts go out to you and your family Big Bob, and after being through a bad one myself, I am so happy to hear you are recovering well and quickly. The best advice I can give you from my experiences---stay positive, it will get better, and you have a support group behind you from coast to coast, from two countries wishing for the best and praying for you all the way.

Gord.:canada:

Guest Big Bob Daughter

Quick Update,

I did not have access to a computer over the weekend.

My Dad is getting better and better every day. His transfer to Regina last Thursday was not too bad. I left yesterday to come back to Winnipeg and my Mom will be with him in Regina until he is transfered to Gravelbourg (maybe today or tommorow).

His arms are looking good and the doctor says the xrays also look good. The pins and wires will be coming out in approx 3 weeks (day procedure that only takes approx 15 minutes). He was also able to see an eye doctor and he says that it looks like they will be able to fix it but a little to early to know. He does not feel any pain in his arms, his shoulder or his ribs. The ribs are also mending back in place.

He is getting stronger every day but does tire out easily and if he talks to long he runs out of breath but it is getting better every day.

Take care everyone,

Johanne

Glad to hear of Bobs continued improvement, that sounds great about his eye and we shall all be pulling for a 100% recovery on his eye (and the rest of his injuries as well) .

I think I will go up to the hospital tonight after work and visit him.

If anyone wants to send a card or wishes, email or message me and I will take them up to him.

Brian