IGNORED

Will this lift work?

jprider4life

Hello can anyone let me know if I can use this lift on my 06 RSV, when I tried to use it

I noticed that under my bike the motor sticks down ward more than the frame its self and

I’m afraid that the lift can damage something under there.

So if anyone has any info on this situation on what I can get or do I will be grateful to you. Thank you.:thumbsup::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

You will need to add a couple of 2x4 blocks or hockey pucks. Then it should work.

I suggest getting a LarryLift (CarbonOne makes a lift adapter that works great. Very sturdy and makes for an easy and stable lifting platform). Check in the VR Classifieds for the lift adapter. Worth every penny.

RR

You can use it but you will need to use a spacer of some sort. Or--- (Larry here is your commercial)-- you can get one of Carbon One's excellent lift adapters. Im sure he will chime in here but he makes a frame that attaches to the bottom of the bike and is held in place by a rod that slides in. Makes the lifting surface level and you cna even get models that have legs that slide in and the bike stands on its own. Very worth it. Check the classified section on the site. Better yet here is the link.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/69/cat/7

I use this style lift (sears) and it works great. I made my own adapter since I work in a machine shop. But, always make sure your bike is in gear and your stand is down before you lower it!!

You got some good advice going.. Never lift from the aluminum on the engine - you never really know how thick the casting is that your lifting on and if you hole it you WILL be sick.. ANother point to NEVER forget is to stablize your scoot once its up - I tie mine down with tie downs so there is no way it can move while working on it. This is especially important if your removing a wheel or gonna be wrenching.. The last thing you want is that baby to come over on you!!