IGNORED

Inked for St Judes

Squidley

Well we will shoot for Oct 18, cant have the main reasons for the donations not there.........so unless something changes lets go for 10/18/08. Mark your calendars..................cant woit for this one.:dancefool::dancefool:

Lewis

Bobbie and I will be back home around the 12th of Oct.

The only weekend we have free in Oct is 18th or Halloween weekend.

We definitly want to be in on this ride. :cool10:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great idea, and I am sure gonna donate, Its also great that a few folks are throwing big bucks at this cause, but I hope we dont loose site of the fact that if just half our members donated just 5.00 each we would be well over 12 grand:fingers-crossed-emo Craig

I think this is a great idea, and I am sure gonna donate, Its also great that a few folks are throwing big bucks at this cause, but I hope we dont loose site of the fact that if just half our members donated just 5.00 each we would be well over 12 grand:fingers-crossed-emo Craig

I was thinking the same thing, if just $1....thats over $5K.....we'll get it rolling, the little ones are worth it

:thumbsup2:

brad, i am going to try to have a 50/50 drawing at the eureka springs meet, for st. judes. if it works out i will send you the proceeds we get. depends on how many people we have there. should be plenty for the drawing. bill :2133:

Fantastic Bill! :banana:

Were on our way and the donations have been coming in, and I'm not talking small ones! Thank you all that have donated to this, Bobbie and I really want to blow away the $3K minimum and if it keep up like this...we will. Just remember that every little bit helps, it's not about huge donations, but lots of small ones that will make this happen.

Thank you again to all that have and are going to donate :thumbsup2:

Put me down for $100. Since we are coming from all points of the compass, maybe we need several short rides into one Memphis location and then ride together to St. Judes. Just a thought. Keep us posted.

Jim & Patricia

Put me down for $100. Since we are coming from all points of the compass, maybe we need several short rides into one Memphis location and then ride together to St. Judes. Just a thought. Keep us posted.

Jim & Patricia

That sounds like a great idea Ozark

Looks like Dragonrider has some coordination to do :cool10::cool10::cool10:

I had planned on doing that with the Atlanta area....getting a group for the ride...........we will need a few more from different areas to help co-ordinate and then plan on a meeting place..........Maybe we need to form a small committe to do this, we dont have a real long time to do this. Any volunteers..........

That sounds like a great idea Ozark

Looks like Dragonrider has some coordination to do :cool10::cool10::cool10:

Guest jessica804

I am a mom with a 8 year old who is now a cancer survivor after a little over 4 years of treatment. I think what you guys are doing is wonderful. St. jude's is an awesome place. My son was one of a few at the AFLAC cancer center in atl. who I let him participate in the research program while being treated. I was told it would not help him , but many more in the future. We (my parents and I organnize a bike ride every year for kids with cancer) and just knowing what and where the money goes feels great and having actually been there through all the pain of my son.

I know you already have alot of people to get inked!! ButI don't have any money to donate but would donate a place on me to get inked.. IF it would help make more money.. As a mom of a cancer survivor,twice.. ( he relapsed once) .. So its like hearing the news twice..

To all..Best of luck and let me know if I can help...

Jessica:thumbsup2:

I am a mom with a 8 year old who is now a cancer survivor after a little over 4 years of treatment. I think what you guys are doing is wonderful. St. jude's is an awesome place. My son was one of a few at the AFLAC cancer center in atl. who I let him participate in the research program while being treated. I was told it would not help him , but many more in the future. We (my parents and I organnize a bike ride every year for kids with cancer) and just knowing what and where the money goes feels great and having actually been there through all the pain of my son.

I know you already have alot of people to get inked!! ButI don't have any money to donate but would donate a place on me to get inked.. IF it would help make more money.. As a mom of a cancer survivor,twice.. ( he relapsed once) .. So its like hearing the news twice..

To all..Best of luck and let me know if I can help...

Jessica:thumbsup2:

Your post touches my heart deeply. You and your son are in our thoughts and prayers.

There are only two of us getting tattooed for this particular fundraiser, but I see a potential for future fundraisers with volunteers such as yourself!:thumbsup:

Hope you will be able to join us on the ride to St. Jude's!

:bighug:

Ride safe,

Bobbie

This is awesome, I log on here and have a message from a new member.Jessica804, and low and behold she lives right here in Newnan, Ga, then I come to the forum and she shows up posting on our thread Inked for St. Jude..........., and her son is a cancer survivor. Word is getting out, this is gonna be big.

I told my son, Philip, about this and he would like to make the trip to St Jude and personally say THANK YOU to all the staff for the fantastic care they gave him. He already has the St Jude logo inked on his chest! And PROUD of it!:15_8_211[1]:

We are rolling good right now folks, I know that I have been getting more nice sized donations. I will keep all of you abreast of the happenings and we'll see about getting rides setup to run down, or up to St. Judes....I agree with Lewis, this is going to be big.

Thank you all for your support :thumbsup2:

i'm in for the st. jude ride again, unless it rains. don't care how cold it is. froze my butt off last year but had a great time. i'll be coming from the st. louis area if anyone wants to hook up. are we going to meet at flying j for lunch again? it is an easy place for everyone to find, on the main highway. bill :2133:

Bill, havent set a place or time to meet yet, I have to get in touch with St. Jude again and start the ball rolling. How about starting a seperate post for folks in your area about riding down from your surrounding area...........I am in need of others who plan on attending to do the same. I will handle my surrounding area, now just need to hear from some more folks who plan on going.

i'm in for the st. jude ride again, unless it rains. don't care how cold it is. froze my butt off last year but had a great time. i'll be coming from the st. louis area if anyone wants to hook up. are we going to meet at flying j for lunch again? it is an easy place for everyone to find, on the main highway. bill :2133:

Bill, havent set a place or time to meet yet, I have to get in touch with St. Jude again and start the ball rolling. How about starting a seperate post for folks in your area about riding down from your surrounding area...........I am in need of others who plan on attending to do the same. I will handle my surrounding area, now just need to hear from some more folks who plan on going.
lewis, i will start a post to get riders in our area together. we have a standard meeting place at our crackerbarrel on i-70 in st. charles. sounds like we may have a crowd. bill :)

Hi. I'm Nancy Mean Dogs wife. I would like to donate $100. Also, if know the date of the ride will meet you all there in Memphis in the Sicon. Just let me know ahead of time so I can take off from work. Don't know alot about Memphis but will fine where ever you meet at. Squid, will need your home address so can send the donation to you. I really appreicate all you and VR have done in Mark's memory. God bless each and everyone. Nancy

Hi. I'm Nancy Mean Dogs wife. I would like to donate $100. Also, if know the date of the ride will meet you all there in Memphis in the Sicon. Just let me know ahead of time so I can take off from work. Don't know alot about Memphis but will fine where ever you meet at. Squid, will need your home address so can send the donation to you. I really appreicate all you and VR have done in Mark's memory. God bless each and everyone. Nancy
nancy, i have never met you , but i considered mean dog my friend. i got to see him for the last time last year at st. jude. i still think about him all the time. hope to meet you at st. jude this year. bill :)

Nancy, the ride is scheduled for Oct. 18, 2008. Havent set a meeting place yet, want to see aprox how many are gonna show. I will keep you posted to any and all changes as the happen.

With a gleam in his eye' date=' Sleeperhawk told me he would be very delighted to take pictures!:whistling: Why do I feel that is payback?!!!:stirthepot:[/color']

Bobbie,

If all goes well I will be there with my camera also, so there should be plenty of pictures! I could also bring the video camera, and the tripod:cool10::)

Lonna!!! I thought you were my buddy!!!:confused24: But then what are pals for' date=' to be there beside you in your hour of need!:whistling:[/color']

Looking forward to seeing you!:bighug:

Sorry Bobbie.....But I am your buddy....If not I wouldn't take any pictures:confused24: But just remember, If the money don't continue to come in....you still have a chance to get out of it:confused24::whistling: