IGNORED

2009 Royal Star Venture Update

easttexasrider

I just called Yamaha USA headquarters in California and, after about 10 minutes of maneuvering, I was able to have a nice conversation with a lady with Star Motorcycle development.

I told her I own a 2005 BMW K1200LT and enjoy the ride, but I'm interested in purchasing a new long distance touring bike soon with better dealer support, lower maintenance costs and ease, and more available accessories. I told her I was very interested in the 2009 Star Venture models and she said there would be a public introduction of all 2009 Star models in mid-September of this year.

I clarified by saying I am hoping if I wait to make a decision, the 2009 Venture could have refinements like EFI and upgraded electronics and entertainment. She did not say anything for a moment and then responded that all the "changes to the Venture model" would be announced in mid-September. She said she knows if I delay purchasing a new bike for a while, "I will be very pleased with a new 2009 Venture."

She was very friendly but became somewhat cautious at the end of our call and took my name and number before we concluded our conversation. I didn't pressure her for any more information. So based on this conversation, I could conclude three things:

1. By mid-September all remaining 2009 Star Models will be announced.

2. There will be a 2009 model of the Royal Star Venture.

3. There may be significant changes to the 2009 Venture model.

For what it's worth......:thumbsup:

Edited by easttexasrider

that is good news I told my wife as soon as the new 09 come out I would be looking at buying one if it had all the changes I was looking for. I could see it in her eyes see just loved the idea of a new payment.

Yep I can just see Teri's look:crying:

And I also know the color your going to get! if they have it:thumbsup:

Too bad I have no more room in the shop or that my knee is giving me fits,because your Big blue would be in my garage for sure. Peg loves the color on Big blue!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy

I venture to say (no pun intended) that the bigger motor and EFI won't happen until 2010. You might see anti lock breaks for 09.

What I think would be great to see instead of the retarted cassette player, is a satellite radio (keeping the FM radio as it is) and a card slot for MP3's.

At this point in time, I don't even want to see a CD player. All digital, no moving parts.

Doesn't that sound good?

Just got back from the dealer. Had a talk with Larry the owner nice guy. He said he was hopping for changes this year and would Know on the 9th of sept. I told him if the new ones come out with the changes like EFI ans sound system put my name down for one . He said he would make me a good deal on one and add he would like to buy BIG BLUE for his self he just loves the color. I have already cleared this with Teri no big tears she just loves me and wants me to be happy what a women. Know I cant wait for sept. for 2 reasons eureka springs on the 10 and we find out about the 09 venture. Hope the motel has the inter net. ride safe.

I smell a new bike coming Michael Heaton

:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:

how about an all cast aluminum frame. using the totally new detuned v-max fuel injected motor for a stressed member for starters. don't hold your breath for 2009. be satisfied with what you have for at least another year or two. could be in the works.:cool10::cool10: :2133: gonna have yamaha investigating me if i say anymore. :depressed:

• 4 weeks later...
I just called Yamaha USA headquarters in California and, after about 10 minutes of maneuvering, I was able to have a nice conversation with a lady with Star Motorcycle development.

I told her I own a 2005 BMW K1200LT and enjoy the ride, but I'm interested in purchasing a new long distance touring bike soon with better dealer support, lower maintenance costs and ease, and more available accessories. I told her I was very interested in the 2009 Star Venture models and she said there would be a public introduction of all 2009 Star models in mid-September of this year.

I clarified by saying I am hoping if I wait to make a decision, the 2009 Venture could have refinements like EFI and upgraded electronics and entertainment. She did not say anything for a moment and then responded that all the "changes to the Venture model" would be announced in mid-September. She said she knows if I delay purchasing a new bike for a while, "I will be very pleased with a new 2009 Venture."

She was very friendly but became somewhat cautious at the end of our call and took my name and number before we concluded our conversation. I didn't pressure her for any more information. So based on this conversation, I could conclude three things:

1. By mid-September all remaining 2009 Star Models will be announced.

2. There will be a 2009 model of the Royal Star Venture.

3. There may be significant changes to the 2009 Venture model.

For what it's worth......:thumbsup:

1. By mid-September all remaining 2009 Star Models will be announced.:thumbsup:

2. There will be a 2009 model of the Royal Star Venture.:thumbsup:

3. There may be significant changes to the 2009 Venture model.:thumbdown:

It looks to me like Yamaha wanted to clear it's warehouse of the CD changers, becuse most of us are now buying MP3 players to save space in the trunk/saddlebags...

Probably right why would anyone want a CD changer on a bike these days when you can have a little MP3 player the size of a credit card hold 2000 songs.

well in defense of the cd player.......while the sound quality lacks in comparison to that of an mp3 player - I like that I can change the songs without having to take my hand off the grips.....and I don't have to look down and be distracted. Having said that.....maybe there's something I don't know. Is there a way to change the song selection from the control button?

well in defense of the cd player.......while the sound quality lacks in comparison to that of an mp3 player - I like that I can change the songs without having to take my hand off the grips.....and I don't have to look down and be distracted. Having said that.....maybe there's something I don't know. Is there a way to change the song selection from the control button?

Get a Garmin Zumo 450 or 550 with built-in MP3 player. The Garmin is worth the money spent and the MP3 is a bonus. You can control it right on the unit.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fraser
I'll stick with my feeling that you will see NO significant change for '09. Anybody in the mood to bet? :)

NO !!!!!!!!

Cause I'm looking to buy in '09 or '10. BUT I won't buy unless Yamaha puts up some fighting money and drops the new V-Max engine into a Royal Star that is 2" lower......

That new Kawi 1700 is a copy BIG TIME of the Venture (do they share parts then ?)

I'm not old enough to buy the "glass" bike..I'm only 58 and still want a crusier !!!!!!!!

fraser