IGNORED

lifting an RSV

so, until i can get around to ordering Carbon1's lift adapter (which i will), has anyone successfully lifted their RSV with a craftsman and (fill in the blank). I just need to check out a noise on the front tire.

Yeah, before my wife bought me the Carbon One lift adapter I used a piece of wood, of just raised one end of the bike at a time. That was so long ago, that I can't remember exactly how I did it.

Craftsman lift and two pieces of scrap wood. 1x4s and and about the as long as the lift is wide. Put them running with the bike and across the lift feet. I used this last sweek and lifted the bike up high enough to remove the rear tire and it stayed on the lift for several days. You just have to get around the two protrusions on the underside of the bike.

I use four hockey pucks. One has a notch cut out of it for the side stand switch.

Seeing photos of the "hockey puck" method is a big help.... click HERE for an article, w/pics.

Go to the Tech Library, then 2nd Gen, then Miscellaneous, then "How to Use a Sears or similar lift with an RSV."

I use hockey pucks too. Cut a notch in the one and the rest you use as is. For what it's worth, I got some used hockey pucks at a Play It Again used sporting goods store for real cheap/ One day I'll buy an adapter, but for now the pucks work for me. I have actually lifted my bike up as high as the jack will go with the pucks supporting it. I always use tie downs after getting it where I want it just for safety's sake to

Seeing photos of the "hockey puck" method is a big help.... click HERE for an article, w/pics.

Go to the Tech Library, then 2nd Gen, then Miscellaneous, then "How to Use a Sears or similar lift with an RSV."

There is no Miscellaneous section under the 2nd Gen Tech library, dang it. Any idea where else that article might be?

My Sears lift just barely fits under my RSV after installing adapter. Had to remove rubber padding for it to slide under. This, before I've tried to lower the front end too.

Here's that link, buddy:

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/?action=category&cat_id=002011

When you get there......click on To enter our free Technical Support Library, Click Here

Then scroll down and click on "2nd Generation (1999 to current) " (don't click here......it won't get you there)

You'll see "Miscellaneous" as the fourth link down in the middle column. Click that and check the third article up from the bottom of the page.

Good luck,

Michael

There is no Miscellaneous section under the 2nd Gen Tech library, dang it. Any idea where else that article might be?

My Sears lift just barely fits under my RSV after installing adapter. Had to remove rubber padding for it to slide under. This, before I've tried to lower the front end too.

Edited by Semi-retired

Thanks Michael for the reply. Duh, didn't realize it was on the "other" site.

Since I have the adaptor I'll just use that, but dang, it's a tight squeeze getting under the bike.

May actually park the tires on some plywood to raise it a bit, before sliding jack under.

Thanks again.