IGNORED

Looking for Headsets - Shorty helmets

thecount

Hi

We are Newbie's to your site and just joined. Know that is will be helpful to us as we have not been riding for nearly 20+ years, and lots has changed since being 20Something riding a street bike.

Looking for a little advise. Just bought an 05 RSV at the beginning of June and loving the evening rides with my wife.

We are looking to equip our Bell Shorty helmet with headset to use the Comm system on the bike.

Any recommendations for us?

Is there any Bluetooth wireless that could be used on Shorty helmets?

Thanks in advance for any advise

The Count

Ontario, Canada

Thanks Gary N

Do you find any discomfort on longer rides with the headset band around the back of the head?

The Count

No discomfort with the band but sometimes the part that goes over the ear needs to be re-adjusted a little. Over all I like it.

Very good sound quality too.

Guest BluesLover
Hi

We are Newbie's to your site and just joined. Know that is will be helpful to us as we have not been riding for nearly 20+ years, and lots has changed since being 20Something riding a street bike.

Looking for a little advise. Just bought an 05 RSV at the beginning of June and loving the evening rides with my wife.

We are looking to equip our Bell Shorty helmet with headset to use the Comm system on the bike.

Any recommendations for us?

Is there any Bluetooth wireless that could be used on Shorty helmets?

Thanks in advance for any advise

The Count

Ontario, Canada

Welcome Count.

I have the same set as Gary N (I got mine after seeing his), and really like them too.

I used a canadian distributor:

http://www.imc-communication.com/index.php?set_lang=A

They were very easy and quick to deal with.

Cheers,

Well, after all the research and looking at the $$$'s, our decision is to go with IMC and not fit in the helmets. At this point, 2 IMC sets is about the cost of the one set for helmet install. The Cheif Financial Officer of the house made this comment.

Thanks Gary for the contact for the CDN distributor. Saves getting the gear across the boarder, duty, hangups yahda, yahda, yahda.

Hope it arrives before the weekend, to give it the test on what looks to be a fine weekend ahead in SW Ontario.

Keep Riding!

Thanks eds.

Great Bike! Identical to the 05 I bought in June this year. Ran this past weekend without the headsets (not arrived yet) and found it a little hard to talk with my spouse. The other bikes in the group had rather loud pipes and we were in the back of the pack.

Here is to another great week of weather this week!

Ride Safe.

Okay.

The set arrived today and took them out for a test run.

Lots of wind noise seem to be heard in the ears. Did a mini test on the run and seems to be from the passenger set.

Set the IC control between 9-12/13.

Experimented with the Radio system on Speaker and Headsets.

Any tips to reducing the "wind chatter" that the IMC sets are picking up?

Any suggestions on making the head band fit smaller? Seem too big for spouse. She wears an XXSmall helmet and headset if very loose for her. May need to to the J&M setup for her helmet.

Thanks,

Well, after a few short test trips, here is what we found.

1) IMC headset is too large to fit my spouse, pushing the headband down by the helmet and not sitting over the ear the way they should.

2) wind chatter very problematic, may have to do with the sizing for spouse

So, the retails is good enought to return one of the sets and ship out the J&M Shorty insert one. (About 3 times the cost of IMC). Will put this into the spouse helmet, see if it fits better (it should since is is helmet install) and also see if the mic in J&M is superior to IMC for wind chatter.

Will advise on the continued testing. Guess I'm just to fussy about these kinds of things.

I really don't want to go to a flip front or full face helment to cut out the noise.

Cruiser were meant for open shorty helmets!

Ride safe, more to follow.:scratchchin:

Hey Count,

I have a brand new intergrated headset for shorty helmets. The headset is from J&M and it comes with a medium size shorty helmet. The headset can be unzipped and used on some other helmets that have the same zipper design. The headset/helmet combination was over $300. from J&M. I'm selling it all for $175 plus shipping. Click my link below for pics.

Tony

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/anton61/

Wife just ordered a set of these headsets. We like the idea of the way they can be taken on/off easly if we don't want to use them. Here's a link to the web site.

http://www.twowheelsound.com/id127.html

You'll also need to order the lower hook up cord.

Called them yesterday. Shipped today so should have it in hand soon. If I can hear with them well enough then I'll order a set for myself. Hoping I can anyhow.

Larry

To reduce the wind noise from the passenger I used a wind sock with a plastic cover over it. That reduced some of the noise , so I installed mic-mutes. Which work off the CB PIT. Pull the trigger on the Push(PIT) to talk for one second and release. It shuts off/on the mic but nothing else. Worked great until I explained how it worked to my passenger, she always turning me off without telling me.:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

Wife just ordered a set of these headsets. We like the idea of the way they can be taken on/off easly if we don't want to use them. Here's a link to the web site.

http://www.twowheelsound.com/id127.html

You'll also need to order the lower hook up cord.

Called them yesterday. Shipped today so should have it in hand soon. If I can hear with them well enough then I'll order a set for myself. Hoping I can anyhow.

Larry

Carbon One

Order the same item as well for the spouse helmet since the headband on IMC is too large and does't fit very well.

Doing a same test to see if a second set for my helmet is in order. Expensive stuff, but trusting it will be a great solution.

To reduce the wind noise from the passenger I used a wind sock with a plastic cover over it. That reduced some of the noise , so I installed mic-mutes. Which work off the CB PIT. Pull the trigger on the Push(PIT) to talk for one second and release. It shuts off/on the mic but nothing else. Worked great until I explained how it worked to my passenger, she always turning me off without telling me.

TFD69

when i just orders a J&M helmet set up for shorty, and the dealer indicate that he can also provide a cord with a mic shut off switch, there by turning the mic off without using the PTT buttons. Will do our testing first. See if wind noise is cut out better with a better mic systems and go from there.

Plastic cover over the mic? Placed on outside the windsock? and a ridgid plactic sheild?

Would test this advise on the one IMC set that I likely will be wearing.

Guess I'm just a little to fussy or my expectations are just too high on this.

Thanks

I sent an order to IMC a week ago and another follow up E Mail and have not received any response. Anybody deal with them recently ?

Keith

Keith

I have been deaing with the distributor in Canada that was recommended by Blueslover.

Here is their link. Not sure if it is the same place you placed an order to? It took nearly a week to have my sets arrive.

Canadian Web-Link, http://www.imc-communication.com/index.php?set_lang=A

Save the duty and board crossing issues on packages.

Well after all the research :detective: and road testing, we have concluded that the J&M is the set to go with, if you want to install into the helmet. Simply found too much wind noise and other interference from the bike on the IMC portable set.

Hence, we dug out the wallet and cashed in the house to get the J&M sets. Guess you get what you pay for.

I like the idea of a mic mute switch. Does it end up controlling both set? or do you need a swith for each headset connection?

Thanks all,

:Venture:

Ride Safe.

Well after all the research :detective: and road testing, we have concluded that the J&M is the set to go with, if you want to install into the helmet. Simply found too much wind noise and other interference from the bike on the IMC portable set.

Hence, we dug out the wallet and cashed in the house to get the J&M sets. Guess you get what you pay for.

I like the idea of a mic mute switch. Does it end up controlling both set? or do you need a swith for each headset connection?

Thanks all,

:Venture:

Ride Safe.

The Mic on/off switch with the lower cord will work on the head set it is attached to. You would have to buy a switch for each lower cord. Since most of the wind noise is coming from the rear helmet Mic you could probably get away with just buying a switch for the rear Mic.

Earlier, I was talking about a product called "Mic-Mutes" that is plugged in-line with your intercom system out of sight inside the front fairing and under the passenger seat that are operated using the bikes PIT buttons. I've been using it for 2 years now and it completely stops the wind and engine noise when your not talking through the Mic's. The kit comes with instructions that are easy to follow. http://mic-mutes.com/