IGNORED

Yamaha Tech To Check My Radio

GlennTuc

Taking my 08 RSV back to the dealer on Monday to have the radio/CB/intercom checked by a Yamaha Tech Rep. So far the dealer has replaced the left rear speaker, and the black box inside the fairing and it still doesn't work. They were going to change the control head on the handle bars. Don't know what the Rep will come up with. I'll keep ya posted, case some of you are having problems yourselves. My is intermitten and craps completely out with the volume above 15. And will not work at all with the rear speakers faded in. Going to have to do without it for 3 or 4 days. Maybe they'll give me a loaner-- FAT CHANCE!!!

Glenn

I dropped my '06 off at the dealership yesterday. Clarion carries the warranty on the radio, however Yamaha has the warranty on the speakers and everything else. They're replacing my radio, and probably one speaker that has a lot of distortion. I'm also having the clutch basket replaced to try and end that danged chirping noise at higher rpm's. Hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow. Good luck.

hope you have better luck at the stealers that i did with my radio took me 3 months for mine with all the red tape with yamaha and the dealer and clarion .they have had 3 service mangers in those 3 months and no one had a friggin clue finally my patience was gone (suprised myself i had so much) but went to the general manager and within 8 business days i had a brand new radio and the manger himself came and pick up my bike and dropped it off at my work yesterday .......after not having tunes all summer i didnt have to sing to myself yesterday lol

GOOD LUCK:cool10:

Hope I'm not seeing a trend here, my 08 is in the shop as well:think:. The black box is the issue, so they say. The controller was fading in and out and occassionally would switch from CB to headset and back again. so I've been running on the IPOD ever since. Good luck to both of us.

my 08 every once and a while i get static blasting from all four speakers at the same time. the only way to make it stop is to put the radio on headset real fast. waiting to take it in for my 4000 mile check. told them about it when it went in for the 600 mile check up.

:thumbdown:

Hope I'm not seeing a trend here, my 08 is in the shop as well:think:. The black box is the issue, so they say. The controller was fading in and out and occassionally would switch from CB to headset and back again. so I've been running on the IPOD ever since. Good luck to both of us.

I have an 04 SRV That I had radio problems with. Both times it was the radio controler on left handlebar. First time in 04 agin on the way to Kitchener going to the rally. Hope it's the last time this happens as this is my last year on warranty.

Ride safe; Bob

The Yama tech rep looked at my RSV today, and after four hours he decided it had to be a wiring harness. They ordered a subharness from Japan and going to try that first. If it doesn't work, they are going to replace the entire wiring harness. They want to keep my bike because they already have it tore down. This could take some time beings what they are ordering parts straight from Japan. This could also get quite aggravating, cause I use my bike as primary transportation.

Glenn

my 08 every once and a while i get static blasting from all four speakers at the same time. the only way to make it stop is to put the radio on headset real fast. waiting to take it in for my 4000 mile check. told them about it when it went in for the 600 mile check up.

Just as a guess is the CB radio turned on? Mine did that on the way home after I bought it. The CB was on and occasonally would break squelch. Took me a bit to figure it out.

Jerry

• 7 months later...

my '03 did the same thing today - full volume of just static. Let me know what you find out.

I have an 06 and had similar problems with my radio as is being described here.

What I did was got some contact cleaner from Radio Shack, split the fairing, pulled the radio connectors apart then sprayed each end with the contact cleaner and blew them dry with the air hose. Before reconnecting them I applied some dielectric grease to each end... not only did it solve the problem but I haven’t had a problem since.

While I had the fairing apart I opened up and applied dielectric grease to all the other connectors as well. I also use it on the bulb sockets for the signal lights and battery terminals, good stuff!

Dielectric grease is non hardening silicon and should not be confused with Vaseline. It might be worth a try.

Taking my 08 RSV back to the dealer on Monday to have the radio/CB/intercom checked by a Yamaha Tech Rep. So far the dealer has replaced the left rear speaker, and the black box inside the fairing and it still doesn't work. They were going to change the control head on the handle bars. Don't know what the Rep will come up with. I'll keep ya posted, case some of you are having problems yourselves. My is intermitten and craps completely out with the volume above 15. And will not work at all with the rear speakers faded in. Going to have to do without it for 3 or 4 days. Maybe they'll give me a loaner-- FAT CHANCE!!!

Glenn

Hang in there. My 07 had a problem with the radio/cb from the day I picked it up. At first the cb would not transmit. Then while waiting for a new cb I left on a trip and the second day out the radio quit. When I got back, my dealer informed me that they had sent the main radio unit instead of the cb and that was a remanufactered unit. He had ordered another cb so I waited. Since I was having trouble with the radio he replaced it with the reman. After replacing cb I still had problems so my dealer got upset with Yamaha and Clairion and told them he wanted everything new which he replaced and I have not had any problems since. It was a long drawn out process but alls well so hang in there.