IGNORED

RSV trunk on Tour Delux

Is it possible to put the RSV trunk and seat on a Tour Delux? Seems that all the right bolt holes are there in the side fender rails. Not sure about the seat and rear fender. I have a friend who's passenger want's a bit more comfort.

Hasn't there been few postings on here about mounting a Harley Tour trunk on a RSTD? Depending on your skill level I would think that it couldn't be that hard, just might turn out to be a real pain in the ___ to get done if you know what I mean.

Dave

What you want to do is not a problem at all. Both the RSV and RSTD are basically the same frame, and the rails holding the trunk fits like a glove.

I have a 2005 RSTD and have a trunk off of a 1999 RSV mounted on mine. It gives me lots of room, and the “best of both worlds,” as I have the removable windscreen. I have also added the RSV hand holds to my bike, which makes it safer for the passenger. About the only difference now is that I don’t have a CB, which I don’t miss at all, as I was never in to talking while traveling down the freeway, either with a CB, or a Cell Phone.

I have purchased several parts for my bike, which were made for a RSV, and they just slip on without any problems.

If you can locate a trunk, and the mounting rails, they will be a snap to mount on your Tour Deluxe.

Good Luck!

Lowflyer07

Attached is picture of my 2005 RSTD with RSV Trunk attached.

I'll agree with Condor on that - check out the pics in my gallery. I got a Venture rack, and mounted a TourPak. Takes a little ingenuity to "seed" it right, but at the end of the day, a much better trunk. You can't purchase a RSV trunk unless you find one on EBAY, or junk yard. Yamaha only sells them bolt by bolt, nut by nut, etc - I looked into that and stopped at $2,200.00 without speakers. There are knock off Harley trunks, I have seen them. They are OK, but don't have the quality of the Harley trunk. Good luck.

Re: The hand holds I put on my RSTD. I just ordered them online from South Seattle Yamaha Sports Plaza, and the bolted on without having to make any adjustments. That is assuming that you have the Yamaha Travel Trunk Frame from a RSV on your bike, which if you want to put a trunk on it, you will probably will want to have. The frame is $288, and the handles (Grip Assists) are about $85 each. Together is does run into a few bucks, but worth it. Everything fits without having to "reinvent" it.

I hope that helps!

Lowflyer07

I fabed a braket to hold a trunk off of a 77 goldwing to fit on my 97 tour delux. I was planning on buying a trunk rack from a newer bike and making it work. Make a little nicer setup. I then sold the 97:95: :bawling:and bought a 94 goldwing:bang head:. One month later I bought a 2003 RSV:smile5:, now I have a trunk. I love my RSV, in my opinion a much nicer bike for two riders than the wing. This is not intended to be an insult to those wingers out there.