IGNORED

Contents of stock tool kit.....

Best tool kit I ever owned:

1- cell phone

1- AAA+ card (or credit card to pay for tow)

1- pint Jack Daniels (to drink while waiting for tow and/or after you get the bill)

Your mileage may vary.

Seriously... I'll inventory mine tonight and get it to you.

Hey, Bob........I like the way you think.......but, seriously.......only a pint!! Come on now. What's wifey gonna drink?

Thanks very much for your effort..........and I agree with you 100% on the phone and (C/A)AA.

Mike

Best tool kit I ever owned:

1- cell phone

1- AAA+ card (or credit card to pay for tow)

1- pint Jack Daniels (to drink while waiting for tow and/or after you get the bill)

Your mileage may vary.

Seriously... I'll inventory mine tonight and get it to you.

Hey, Bob........I like the way you think.......but, seriously.......only a pint!! Come on now. What's wifey gonna drink?

Thanks very much for your effort..........and I agree with you 100% on the phone and (C/A)AA.

Mike

Some ones got to watch for the tow truck. but i still agree 1 pint is not enough what if its a long wait

OK... my tool kit has be augmented from stock I think. First time I have opened it and I'm the 3rd owner:

1- pliers (crappy quality)

2 - open end wrenches (10-12, 14-17mm)

1- spark plug wrench/tube

1- weird semi flattened metal tube... what the hell is that for? I bet there is a piece of metal stock that should go into it and make a wrench handle for the weird spark plug socket thing.

1- screwdriver with a shaft that has flat on one end and phillips on the other.

3- allen wrenches... 5mm, 6mm, 8mm

1- tire gauge

I also carry a short adjustable wrench, and an allen wrench to fit the fairing bolts, wire cutters, short roll of electrical tape, 18" or so of electrical wire.

Looking at this kit, I'm going to replace the stock tools with good ones. Most likely a waist of money but I hate dealing with crappy factory motorcycle tools. Kinda like the batteries that came in your TV remote from the factory... lasts about a month then your pissed when they die at midnight and you don't have any of those AAA buggers around the house.

Thanks very much, Bob.

It was the Allen wrenches that really had me confused (I had about 7 others from my own collection mixed in with the pack)

Agreed on the ****e quality of virtually all factory tool kits: what godforsaken second rate foundry in North Korea pounds out those miserable excuses for pliers anyway!!!???

I like your ideas for additions to the stock kit....hell, I think I'll just toss the stock kit and get REAL versions of the same tools, along with some of the true "essential" extras you mentioned....plus maybe a small roll of duct tape and a coat hanger or two, just for old time sake! :-)

I'll use your list below to put my original kit back together and save it for trade-in time!

Thanks again for your effort.

OK... my tool kit has be augmented from stock I think. First time I have opened it and I'm the 3rd owner:

1- pliers (crappy quality)

2 - open end wrenches (10-12, 14-17mm)

1- spark plug wrench/tube

1- weird semi flattened metal tube... what the hell is that for? I bet there is a piece of metal stock that should go into it and make a wrench handle for the weird spark plug socket thing.

1- screwdriver with a shaft that has flat on one end and phillips on the other.

3- allen wrenches... 5mm, 6mm, 8mm

1- tire gauge

I also carry a short adjustable wrench, and an allen wrench to fit the fairing bolts, wire cutters, short roll of electrical tape, 18" or so of electrical wire.

Looking at this kit, I'm going to replace the stock tools with good ones. Most likely a waist of money but I hate dealing with crappy factory motorcycle tools. Kinda like the batteries that came in your TV remote from the factory... lasts about a month then your pissed when they die at midnight and you don't have any of those AAA buggers around the house.

Set of 3/8 drive Sockets. and Ratchet handle.

Use 18MM Deep Socket with 1 inch extension for removeing plugs.

( better then the Junk in the tool kit )

I would add a set of 1/4 drive metric , ( get one of those Ratchet handles that

have both a 3/8 and 1/4 drive fitting. )

Be sure to have 1 Box wrench that fits the Axel Nuts.

As to the Wrenches, I would consider the New style Box wrenches that have the

Box typ on one end, and the Ratcheting on the other end.