IGNORED

Bubs and Fuel Mileage

chrisboggsfmc

hi

bought my 99 rsv 3 years ago next month. all ready had bub's installed, so can't realy compare to oem pipes for mpg. but during my trip to 08 rally in kitchener. i had a low mpg of 33.3 to a high of 44.5 and that was towing a trailer loaded to the gunwalls. rode 4438 miles round trip. had my 13 y.o. sarah on back for 2200 miles most of this was at 70 plus mph.

best reguards

don c.

I didn't notice any difference at all with or without. I think the bike sounds a lot better and maybe it's in my head but I think it runs a little stronger. Go for them, you love them. My bike doesn't sound like it's running under water anymore.

Eddie

• 1 year later...

I put my BUBs on Saturday morning and took the bike across town. I noticed a noticable difference in power on the interstate. I could actually cruise in OD going up a slight grade 2 up!! AND I could even accelerate enough to pass a car! This has NEVER happened on my bike. I knew we were going for a day long ride the following day, so was curious about the mileage difference.

We rode 200ish miles, most speeds 45ish to 55ish, we got 46mpg!! - I have NEVER gotten that high of gas mileage here in the midwest. In the past when we rode those speeds all day, we got around 37 to 38ish if we were lucky.

That was only one tank that I checked the mileage on, so I am anxious to run a couple more tanks thru to check those when the weather allows.

I hope they are as good as they appear.

craigr

(Oh, and my wife says she LOVES the sound).