IGNORED

both headlight filaments

pegscraper

On previous bikes I've owned, I used to cause the low beam filament to be on all the time and just switch the high beam on and off for high or low beams. I would do this by getting into the headlight switch box and simply making a solder bridge across the low beam terminals. This would provide a whole lot more light out front, and was especially nice for night riding. I haven't done this on my current bike and I don't really know why not. I just haven't gotten a round tuit. I also don't do as much after dark riding as I used to. Has anyone else done this, or ever heard of it?

Edited by pegscraper
spelling

I don't know why it would. Never had problems with that before. Actually, my current bike is the only one on which I've ever burned out a headlight. I always thought of this as an old timer's trick. An old timer told it to me - more than 20 years ago.

I use to do it on my other bikes. I used a relay instead of a bridge. I also had a couple of cars that had the corning lamps. I used a relay on those to keep them on all the time.

I have an HID for the headlight not so its brightness is just a change of focus. You'll be using 110 watts on yours if you wire it like that.

I'll have to get with you soon and talk about that, seems like a good idea to me as there is never enough light when I head to work @ 4:30 am

Are you coming down for the southern IN ride this weekend? You might have to get quite the early start though, or spend the night somewhere.

When you think about working on the Electrics, please consider to mount a new, bigger Wire from the Lights-Fuse to a Relay, which is operated by the original Circuit Wires. This will give you a fair Amount of more Light because on the older Bikes, there's too much Contact Resistance and the Wire Diameters aren't that big at all.

With a second Relay and a Diode you could Wire the Lights as you want them. Switch between High and Low Beam and operating both Relays on High Beam.

Now, on Squidley's new Bike, there's only one Option, Bi-Xenon aka HID

Damn Lutz....you really like to spend my money

:yikes:

Brad, you know there's a saying ...

Money???

That's just printed Paper !! !! :mo money::mo money::mo money:

:cool17::cool17::cool17:

Now, let that Chrome Pieces go for the next two Months and go for some Safety. These HID Sets aren't that expensive now and its a really impressive Enhancement. Not only while riding at Night, but also during the Day, because the Cagers see you a Lot earlier.

Keep up the good work, Lutz, he's got a 2nd gen now, he'll be spending plenty of it!!!!

Dan

I'm working on it ... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Besides ... who asked for more Light when riding to WORK early in the Morning ?

Brad could invest in a HID-System, install it and get up half an Hour earlier and ride to Work safer than before. The ROI on this is almost no Time !!

That all said, i've got the HID in my Max and don't go to work earlier and safer either, but i could !!!