IGNORED

What's your opinion...

Iowawegian

on passenger cup holder mounts. I'm sure this has been gone over many times, but I can't seem to find any threads. The only place I can find to mount a cup holder is on the passenger hand rails. Gary's using the trick on the gas tank cover, but I need one myself.

My brother had given us one that I put on from Cabella's but the first time I used it, away she went. I also had purchased a leather one that I liked, but it hung down to low and now I have a rub mark on the top of my side bag.

I need one that sits up high enough that I can still get my side cover open.

Any suggestions? :think:

Here.s my cup holder. Phil made the bracket, painted it to match and then added the schwinn bicycle holder to it. I love it, it's adjustable if I have a big cup or just a smaller bottle. It's not on the passenger handle bar, and it sits about the bag cover.

Mariner,

No problem if you mount it on the right hand side. It sits far enough back when I swing my leg over.

Robbitybob,

Don't know what the other members use for the driver of the bike, but there was a thread a while ago about using a foam can cooler, cutting the bottom of it out, and it fits perfect over the gas tank. We happen to have a black one at home, and Gary's been using it ever since. Couldn't beat the price!

Mariner,

No problem if you mount it on the right hand side. It sits far enough back when I swing my leg over.

Robbitybob,

Don't know what the other members use for the driver of the bike, but there was a thread a while ago about using a foam can cooler, cutting the bottom of it out, and it fits perfect over the gas tank. We happen to have a black one at home, and Gary's been using it ever since. Couldn't beat the price!

O o o o o h! I guess I better pay more attention. This thread was talking about passenger cupholders DUH! Sorry.

O o o o o h! I guess I better pay more attention. This thread was talking about passenger cupholders DUH! Sorry.

No problem! Thought maybe you were in the middle of a siesta when you were reading the thread. Didn't quite know how to answer your comment!:Laugh:

Thanks Rosebud! Hopefully we'll be getting the Venture:fingers-crossed-emo back tomorrow night! I'll show him the pix and if he has any questions, I'll get back to you! We were suppose to head to Indianola tomorrow after work for the National Hot Air Balloon Classic. Don't know if we'll make it down there or not now! We've never been to it, but it's suppose to be something spectacular!

I picked up the cheapie from Walmart and mounted it to the passenger grab rail - wife said she never used the rail, and over the last 4,000 mile trip she never had any interference from the water bottle at all. When riding solo, I put my spare gas bottle there! These will hold up to a one liter bottle with no problem.

Goose

I picked up the cheapie from Walmart and mounted it to the passenger grab rail - wife said she never used the rail, and over the last 4,000 mile trip she never had any interference from the water bottle at all. When riding solo, I put my spare gas bottle there! These will hold up to a one liter bottle with no problem.

Goose

Yep that's what I have, but on a bracket so that it doesn't attach to the passenger grab rail.

Don't mean to get off topic, but does anyone have a picture of the driver solution mentioned here? I'm just not getting in my head the picture of how it works? :confused07:

Thanks,

Bug

I thought you weren't supposed to drink and drive at the same time. :stirthepot:

I mean like when the Coke (or Pepsi) starts foaming up your nose from being to warm and all shook up, then you end up spraying the junk all over the inside of your helmet :rotf:, then you can't see and your trying to wipe the helmet lense off or the inside of your windshield :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Just an accident waiting to happen. :crying::080402gudl_prv::whistling:

Bugfish69: If we get the Venture back tonight I'll take a pix and post it Monday. (No computer at home)

Sleeperhawk: Your comment reminded me of something that happened to Gary a couple years ago. We still laugh about it! Don't know if it will be as funny posting it but....

we were on a week long bike trip with my brother and his wife up in the UP. Great weather, beautiful campgrounds, terrific trip until Thursday morning we woke up to rain. We threw all our camping gear together as quick as we could, jumped on the bikes and were going to try and drive out of the rain. Now you gotta know my husband...he's such a careful driver he slows down for green lights, never goes above the speed limit, and will wait till the car down the road a mile goes by before pulling out on an intersection. (I do appreciate his safety record) Anyway.... my brother is leading (and he drives like me, a little faster than the speed limit, etc) Not long after we get on the bikes, the rain stops, and were cruising along about 60 mph, brand new roads, no traffic and Gary starts cussin up a storm about how fast my brothers going. "Good gawd...this is just plain stupid going this fast..." a couple miles later "Jeez, he's gonna get us killed"...10 miles later "That's it, I refuse to go any further driving in the fog like this, the sob is crazy". All I could think was "man, he didn't get much sleep last night as crabby as he is" so we pull over I asked him what "fog" he was talking about. He was wearing goggles and as soon as we pulled out of the campground, they had fogged all up, and he didn't realize it. He lifted up his goggles to give me one of those looks and that's when he realized, the sun was shining! Poor guy, he was a wreck driving in what he thought was fog! Gotta love him!