IGNORED

Tire---what's a fair price?

Kidh2

There are only three places close enough to bring the scoot for any type of work. I needed a back tire and got a Bridgestone last weekend.

$195 for tire

$150 for labor (they all charge $100 and hour)

$30 for tax

$380.00 for one tire

Just wondering what everyone else was paying

Unfortunately if you dont have the tools or abilities to tackle that project that is probably what it will cost. I know that I can order 2 new tires from Southwest Moto Avon venoms or Michelin Commanders for about $240 delivered to my door and then I take the rims off the bike and have them swapped out which woukld be ablout $80 for both tires if I didn't know someone that owns a Honda dealership.

It wasn't screaming deal, but your stuck between a rock and a hard place and they know it :confused24:

got mine at a place that will mount it for free if you buy the tire there, plus $10 to balance it. you can save alotta $ if you take the wheel off the bike yourself. i did it with my first gen with a little help from my vr family

There are only three places close enough to bring the scoot for any type of work. I needed a back tire and got a Bridgestone last weekend.

$195 for tire

$30 for tax

$380.00 for one tire

UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE! I wouldn't dream of paying a price like that for a GOOD tire, and I wouldn't put a rear Brickstone on my bike at ANY price! The purchase price alone for that tire was $100 more than it should have been, even if you WANTED it. So sorry to hear of what they did to you. Hope they at least offered Vaseline and a kiss after.

Goose

:doh:OUCH!!!!!!:doh:

UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE! I wouldn't dream of paying a price like that for a GOOD tire, and I wouldn't put a rear Brickstone on my bike at ANY price! The purchase price alone for that tire was $100 more than it should have been, even if you WANTED it. So sorry to hear of what they did to you. Hope they at least offered Vaseline and a kiss after.

Goose

$195 for tire

$30 for tax

$380.00 for one tire

I paid $135 a tire for Avon Venoms and $70 for labor last month when I put new tires on.

$363.80 with tax for both tires,, I did remove the side bags myself to keep the labor price down.

I paid $31.00 for a Dunlop D404 and $35.00 to mount it, total cost $76.00:whistling:The catch to that statement is everybody else has the new soft rubber tire they make now instead of the old hard rubber tire, so they get 8,000 miles instead of the 24,000 miles I get. I paid $93.00 for my rear tire, so in 8,000 miles, I've only used up $31.00 worth of rubber, hense "the $31.00 tire, that like everyboby else buying 3 tires to get the same mileage I get with one. I've seen a 404 tire for as much as $183.00, and for todays tire, it ain't worth it. I guess I better stop right there as this gets pretty depressing. I got lucky this time, but this tire I bought, they found on the back shelf, as it's one of the old timers, the 150-90B15 that gets fantastic mileage. I ordered the 150-90H15, and they sent me the 150-90B15. So right now, I'm a happy camper. If you seen this one BradT in Canada, I've got over 9,000 miles and the tire isn't even half worn; will keep you posted.

Edited by Rich99

Just got a new Dunlop Elite III ( bias Ply ) MU90HB 16 , delivered to Seattle, UPS, for total of $106.95

Date Stamp on tire is Feb 2008, its Fresh

Edited by GeorgeS

My new Dunlop 404 WWW just cost me about $90 per tire and $35 per to mount (when I brought the wheels in). You can find this price at http://www.deniskirk.com or possibly some small local cycle shops. The Yamaha dealers want nearly $150 per tire then the mounting fee. Plus they won't even kiss you after screwing you on the tires.

Oh, and some have mentioned there is a difference in the Dunlop's rubber (soft/hard). Well I am not sure what the real deal is, but the Dulops I order all have the 'B' designator in them and they lasted me 12k miles before being taken out via a road hazzard. I figured I had a few thousand more to go on the rear and another 5-10k on the front.

thanks for all the info.....i'm really happy now that i know how bad i go stuck!! Unfortunately I don't have much of an option for service. The prices i originally posted were from the closest place that actually turns out to be the best for price and service. (go figure)

The next closest is a beautiful dealership with very friendly people but the first time I brought the scoot for a front tire change they scratched the fairing in 2 places and after much debate i ended up buffing them out myself. They said it came in the shop that way and I couldn't prove otherwise so they are not even a consideration.

Neither of the 2 will mount tires unless they sell them to you and the local Harley shop laughs when you ask about tires.

Guess i'm just stuck......

WOW.................................

Two Venoms delivered to my door $239.00

two tires mounted and balanced $50.00

I hope you at least got a kiss when they did your tire.......................................

NO, same as the old days, just a little Elbo Greese !!

A bead Breaker Tool helps.

On the tuff ones, I just cut them across with a Hack Saw, to get them off.

I have also used my Vise, to break the old bead.

sometimes they are Easy, sometimes not so easy.