IGNORED

Contest Starts NOW!

Freebird

WEST VIRGINIA,

The whole state is beautiful, Just ask anyone who was at the Skid In !

And a very central location, sorry about the western crew its not that close to them but well worth the ride.

Just my 2cents

:backinmyday:

Gary

PS and the people are awesome.

:fingers-crossed-emo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mountain Home, Arkansas would be a perfect place. This city in in north central Arkansas about 12 miles from the Missouri line. It sits conveniently between Lake Norfork and Bull Shoals lakes that both have multiple camp grounds. We have the White River which is rated the best trout fishing river in the U.S. You can canoe the Buffalo river which is just breath taking and the Norfork River is close where the world record brown trout was caught. I am a teacher and am off all summer so I could help plan and implement the ralley. We are less than 2 hours from Branson if some want to take in the sites there and there is many beautiful roads to ride here. This city caters to many events throught out the year such as the Bucket Bash when T-Buckets converge from all over the U.S.

I would like to suggest Helen, GA for the site of the 2009 meeting. Helen is a very quaint little community that was settled by German immigrants. The ride to Helen is WONDERFUL and the accomodations are very quaint. Good food, good times and a good ride what more could be required for a GREAT MEETING!!!???:fingers-crossed-emo

There are alot of great places I see here!! How about Indianapolis and have it when the Moto Grand Prix is then everyone can ride over and take in the action for that and there should be I hope alot of vendors and everything set up for it. It being the first year for it this year we will see how it goes. Just my suggestion.:lightbulb:

My Suggestion was meeting up at Half Moon Bay California, and then taking a ride through the redwoods. There are many different highways that could be taken, but I was also thinking of a loop that would include stopping at the famous biker friendly "Alice's Resturant".

A Tentitive route could include leaving Half Moon Bay and taking Hwy 92 East to Hwy 35 (Skyline Blvd) which is a very nice ride through the redwoods and them taking that to the intersection of Hwy 35 and Hwy 84. That is where Alice's Resturant is located and we could stop for lunch and then head back out Hwy 84 West all the way to Hwy 1 and then pick that back up north to get us back to Half Moon Bay.

This was just a suggestion on the route, but the area is very beautiful, and I have ridden through the redwoods and it was a very PEACEFUL Ride with gentle Sweepers throughout the ride.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year in San Luis obisbo.

Bill

Santa Clarita, CA.

OK folks, I know that I'm WAY late in finally getting this contest started but it's just been very busy lately. So I am going to keep it simple. I REALLY need your input as to where you would like to see the 2009 International Rally held. So, all you have to do is reply to this thread as to WHERE the rally should be held and WHY you would like to see it held there. Now I know that some of you will agree on certain places and that is fine, your recommendation does not need to be unique but you DO need to at least briefly explain your reason.

Now this does not mean that the rally will be held at any particular place. Even if many of you agree on a location, we still need folks from any given area to step up and take charge of it and if nobody does, then we have to look elsewhere.

So, this contest will run for 1 week. The winner will be randomly selected from all of you who post your recommendations to this thread.

The winner will receive a $100.00 gift certificate from New Enough. http://www.newenough.com/

Guest Swifty

I've never been,

I need to check off that big one on my list of states done,

I need to keep up foreign relations with fellow right wingers like Redneck,

I want to see Lowell Pryor's face when he discovers that he does NOT have an excuse to take a ride to meet Ventureriders.

Hey,

If you guys love twisties, beautiful country, good fishing, boating, hiking, camping,

JUST LOVE FUN, :thumbsup2:

Eureka Springs, Arkansas ( Little Switzerland )

Southern Missouri and N Arkansas is full of two lane gorgeous country, :fishin: trout fishing, etc

June 26 & 27th a group did this area and rode about 750 miles and never hit the same road twice!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote is for N Arkansas. Also, have a Chapter of Charoits of Lights here that would like to get involved if they don't have plans as of yet.

Gary C

I would like to say Texas.....then I could really have a meet & eat and have everyone meet at my Mom's house.....boy would she love that!!:banana::rotf:

I really think the 4 corners would be good, but it all depends on the ones who live local to where ever we chose to be able to plan it!! Who wants to step up to the plate and take there turn?:confused24:

I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF TEXAS!!!

Guest Alykat7

I think Reno would be an ideal place as there is nice riding through the sierra nevada mountains and plenty lodging and entertainment. Also could bring in more west coast riders :)

Aly:big-grin-emoticon:

Just thought of another good reason!! :dancefool:

So -- Bigin can ride his old ride one more time before moving away from Harrison!!

Still thinking of you Ray!!!

Take care and God Bless!!

Gary C

Ft Smith

I think we should have it in Abilene,Texas.

Abilene is in the center of the state. And Texas is in the center of the states. Abilene is on I-20 (thats coast to coast). And always has good weather, some real good people, and Dyess Air Base ( B1 Bomber).

And if we do have it in Abilene Texas, just think of how many more friends I'll will come up with.

AbileneDino

I agree with Brad in that is should be about the friendships made and getting to know one another. Now, with that said a few nice roads to cruise on won't hurt a choice of location. Having been born and raised in Florida and now a 15 year Texas transplant I do want to add that if you get down South in July we will need one heck of a big air conditioned room so we won't sweat our a**'* off while slinging the bullstuff. (Now is that a run-on sentence or what).

4 Corners gets my vote or at least somewhere a little cooler than 110 in the shade and 99 percent humidity. :fingers-crossed-emo

I would like to say Texas.....then I could really have a meet & eat and have everyone meet at my Mom's house.....boy would she love that!!:banana::rotf:

I really think the 4 corners would be good, but it all depends on the ones who live local to where ever we chose to be able to plan it!! Who wants to step up to the plate and take there turn?:confused24:

I STILL LIKE THE IDEA OF TEXAS!!!

Looking more and more like we are going to have to have a Texas Annual Meet..BUT It will be in cooler months...JB and I are suppose to ride to East Texas to find a Location for the "Texas Stampede" in October. I will talk with him on a Annual Texas ride and meet. Stay Tuned!

If everybody likes good scenery, I suggest we try towards the bottom of Colorado this time, "Colorado Springs". It has a mountain, Pikes Peak 14,110 ft. that motorcyclists go up all the time right to the top (bring oxygen), and not far from there, you have Royal Gorge with the highest bridge in the U.S. 1,053 ft. where you go over, and then take the tram back at 1,400 ft. over the river, but like Ft. Collins, it has great rides through the mountains, other that that, Durango would be my second choice. From there, you ride over three 11,000 ft. passes to get to Oruay by-passing the town of Silverton at 9,300 ft. where you can ride to, or take the best train ride in America to.

I'd suggest Cedar City, Ut....The scenic beauty of the area is second to none....From C/C is easy access to Bryce, Zion,Cedar Breaks and Kolob Nat'l parks...The town of Cedar City has everything there that a rally requires..Motels,Restaurants,grocery stores,Walmart,laundromats and a Yamaha Dealer..For the more adventurous, Las Vegas is about 150 mi away...

I might add that I co-hosted a ride-in for another Venture club in Cedar City that was a resounding success...

Personally it really doesn't matter to me, curvy roads are nice, but the rally should be about the comeraderie of the group. Most folks will travel a few thousand miles to attend a rally so burning up the miles isn't an issue. From a personal standpoint, I would like to see a lot more BSing and getting to know folks as opposed to pounding out the miles on the bikes.

That being said, I am partial to Tennessee, east or west, Memphis or Chattanooga. You have the Smokies on the east and your not far from hills and curves on the west. This would also be close to Arkansas. It really doesn't matter to me where it is, because we'll be there. But I would like to see a more central or west destination to help the west coasters with the milesage thing.

I was talking with SofaPilot a bit ago and he mentioned the Ring of fire in southern Colorado/Northern New Mexico. The 4 corners is also a good option, Perhaps seeing it was central the 1st one, more east on the second one, the 3rd should be more west

:confused24: Regardless of the ideas, it will take someone to step up to the plate and swing for the fence, nothing will happen if someone wont volunteer their time.

:sign yeah that:

Edited by VTirelli