IGNORED

Anyone know about home security cameras

venturejockey

It's unbelieve able how many breakins there have been around here. Every day, in the middle of the day. Home security systems don't do much good. It takes a minute for the alarm to go off, another minute for the security company to call you and maybe 5 minutes for the police to get to your house. Thats plenty of time for the thieves to get in and get out with your computer, tv etc.

With a camera and recording system maybe at least a person would have a face to put with the bums.

Recomendations?

I just use a webcam and then I downloaded some free software called yawcam to set up my webcam as a security cam. You can select an area to watch in the software and then set sensitivity for it to set up to take apic and upload it to a file on your computer when something moves in that area. You can also set it up to share the pics out to the web so you can watch you place while youre at work.

if you want to have a look at how it works go to my cam at http://24.72.54.92:8081 and keep an eye on the black trailer and the ford escape while youre there! lol

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Have you ever looked into what is "illegal" to do to stop this sort of stuff?

Ever try setting up a recording of a large dog growling and barking to a motion sensor?

Also in the recording you could add in a cocking gun and someone telling them to get the hell out of your yard or you'll shoot.

Or try hooking things like radios, the tv, or other appliances to timer so they go off and on now and then to make it look like someone might be home.

Sometimes just putting op some fake cameras in places where they can be seen will do the trick.

:smile5:

Good suggestions. But....I have to be at work all day and any gun is useless 10 miles away. All the gun offers is something else to steal and pawn. Been there.

Dogs must must be kept behind a fence. And my observation is these dogs have a dendancy to escape. Then I would have the responsibility and liability of a pitbull, or the like, chewing someone up. Dangerous dogs, what ever that is, have to be registered in town as well.

I don't seriously think I can keep someone out if they want in, but if I have a picture of the perp then I can hand it over to the police. Besides that I don't really want to kill someone over a tv. I'd like to beat the snot out of a theif but not kill him. However, if someone broke and entered while I or my family are at home, they are dead.

LARGE DOGS work well.

Maybe...maybe not...

What if the crook wiped the butt of a female dog while in heat with a porterhouse steak and tossed it on the ground in front of them.........

I dont think the big dogs would be to interested in YOUR assets...:whistling: :rotf:

I don't seriously think I can keep someone out if they want in, but if I have a picture of the perp then I can hand it over to the police.

Not if they steal your video system. This sounds like a job for :superman:

No experience with this place on security equipment but I have used their appliance control stuff when they first started out. Couldn't hurt to look.

http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm

LARGE DOGS work well.

Maybe...maybe not...

What if the crook wiped the butt of a female dog while in heat with a porterhouse steak and tossed it on the ground in front of them.........

I dont think the big dogs would be to interested in YOUR assets...:whistling: :rotf:

Unless you have a female dog also and she's well fed... :rotf:

Not if they steal your video system. This sounds like a job for :superman:

No experience with this place on security equipment but I have used their appliance control stuff when they first started out. Couldn't hurt to look.

http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm

Don't plan on having the DVR in an obvious place. One thing about burgulars they want in and out fast. The longer they are in your home the more likely they will be caught.