IGNORED

Parting out 84 XVZ12 VR

Dragonslayer

Do you think the scratches will come out? Is it actual metal and chrome or plastic? I will check out ebay tonite.

The part is what I call chromilized plastic. The scratches will not buff out. What I have done on this type part before is to fill scratches with bondo sand smoot and paint over it. As I did with plastic mirror in attached photo. Yamaha wants high dollars for this particular piece if they are still available, and you never seem to see the come up on Ebay. That's why I never replaced it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the antenna & mount. How much? I'll cover shipping of course, I'm in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada, Postal COde B3M 3M9

I bought one a while back off Ebay to replace mine. As I recall I paid around $35.00 plus shipping. There is one on Ebay now with a current bid (13 current bidders) of $46.00 plus shipping. I've seen them go as high as $85.00. Make me an offer. I'm not sure what shipping to Nova Scota is, but I'll check.

The part is what I call chromilized plastic. The scratches will not buff out. What I have done on this type part before is to fill scratches with bondo sand smoot and paint over it. As I did with plastic mirror in attached photo. Yamaha wants high dollars for this particular piece if they are still available, and you never seem to see the come up on Ebay. That's why I never replaced it.

PM me with what you want for it, and include the lower right fairing vent if you got it, mine decided to depart this world last week on the way to Ohio.

Dan

PM me with what you want for it, and include the lower right fairing vent if you got it, mine decided to depart this world last week on the way to Ohio.

Dan

I've been relooking at the mascot and I see a way I can fix it and fit it in on my new paint scheme on 87VR, but, I don't know make me an offer that will talk me out of it. I've got enough projects. The vents are already on ebay and current bid is $4.99.

Guest ezornes

Hello Bob,

This is Erik Zornes in Indiana,

sorry i missed your calls, i tried to call back, left a message .

Heres what i did, I looked at my old voltage regulator , where the three wires need soldered my buddy did a terrible job on one of the wires. I recut-spliced and soldered all 3 ac wires and been riding for 2 days seems to be fine. although the wires are warm

none have melted, I dont know if this is normal. anyway i will keep close watch,

p.s. if you have not sold regulator I am still interested in purchasing yours.

thanks again

:lightbulb:

Hello Bob,

This is Erik Zornes in Indiana,

sorry i missed your calls, i tried to call back, left a message .

Heres what i did, I looked at my old voltage regulator , where the three wires need soldered my buddy did a terrible job on one of the wires. I recut-spliced and soldered all 3 ac wires and been riding for 2 days seems to be fine. although the wires are warm

none have melted, I dont know if this is normal. anyway i will keep close watch,

p.s. if you have not sold regulator I am still interested in purchasing yours.

thanks again

:lightbulb:

I'm glad you got it figured out, :thumbsup2::banana::cool10:Happy Riding.:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:____________________:7_6_3[1]:

Hey thier, I am in need of a few of the small hard to find stuff.. I need the fuel petcock, or actually just the handle off of one, and I need 1 or 2 exhaust clamps, where the headers meet the collector box. Any chance you have these parts laying around?:think:

Mr Slayer, I didn't follow, but is the console display gone , or is it still on the market?? I'm also interested in the chrome pieces for the windshield. Thanks for the time. joe (Saddle_Bag)

Which console display are you looking for? Probably still have it. The windsheild chrome is already on ebay.

Hey thier, I am in need of a few of the small hard to find stuff.. I need the fuel petcock, or actually just the handle off of one, and I need 1 or 2 exhaust clamps, where the headers meet the collector box. Any chance you have these parts laying around?:think:

I've got the fuel pet cock but I need to sell the knob with the pet cock because one without the other does not sell well on ebay. It has not been listed yet so make me an offer. 2 are on ebay and the front two have not been removed yet.

I am looking for the right side chrome trim piece that is attached to the exhaust collector. Mine cracked and fell off down the road somewhere. I think it is intended to be permanently attached to the collector but I think I can figure a way to attach it and cover that ugly brown collector again. How bout it? Thanks! :think:

I am looking for the right side chrome trim piece that is attached to the exhaust collector. Mine cracked and fell off down the road somewhere. I think it is intended to be permanently attached to the collector but I think I can figure a way to attach it and cover that ugly brown collector again. How bout it? Thanks! :think:
Must have been a common problem because the one I have has half of that piece, on both sides ripped in half. I guess this part (Exhaust H piece collector) goes in the scrap metal pile.

Sorry

So far no one has spoke up for the following parts. So, they're scheduled to go on Ebay auction tomorrow at 12:00 Noon. If any one needs one of them let me know before tomorrow noon and I'll hold them out of the auction.

I can use the bottom middle one (013.jpg).

I just saw this as I still on my way back to Alberta from the rally. Left Grandpagak's yesterday, visiting with Friesman1 today.

Guest cabinfever

Do you still have the plastic trim/grill that covers the front of the radiator? Any idea if it will fit on an '89?

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you have a picture? Are the mounting tabs in ok condition?
How's these. it has all of it's mount tabs, no cracks or broken places. With a little tender loving care and some spray paint your radiator will be fully covered. :thumbsup2:Make me an offer on it. Edited by Dragonslayer
Forgot pictures

If you still got the horns I'll buy them, I'm also after the left grill and left inner plastic panel, two lugs are broken on my one.

Still Got the horns, they both work I spent about 5 minutes rubbing on one of them and it started to shine up. Make me an offer.