IGNORED

Parting out 84 XVZ12 VR

Dragonslayer

I started parting oiut the 84 Yamaha Venture Royal XVZ12 I bought in Pa I have already listed some of the outer layer parts but anyone interested can have first shot at anything on the bike you can use before I list them on Ebay. Send me a list of what your interested in and I send pictures of what I have.

Revised 7/11/08

Since my original post yesterday I got numerouse replies by way of thread post and PM. Most of the parts requested I have and are very useable. But, for a number of reasons responding to all the request got complicated quickly. One thing is I can't figure out how to attach photos to PM responses . So on the bottom of this post are pictures showing the current status of the disassemble process and picture of the parts That have not already been listed on Ebay. Currently I have about 35 items listed on ebay that are all linked by insert tags in the listings.

Many of the request have been for the same items so now comes the delima of who to offer the part to. So in all fairness to everyone lets do it like this.

1st. Tell me what your looking for.

I'll tell you if I have it, post pictures on the thread response rather than Private Message and whatever else I can tell you about the condition or useability of the part. Please keep all communication regarding availability of part, pictures and condition on the thread so everyone can see the same information rather than me having to answer the same question multiple times.

Then if you want the part send me an offer for the part plus shipping or postage, by way of Private message. in case of multiple request for the same item I will offer the part to the person offering the most for it. So if you want it:mo money:

As much as I'd like to offer these parts to all of you as a gifts, I did buy the bike as an investment to make a few bucks and I do need to cover my expenses of going to PA to get her and hauling her back to GA.

However, I will donate to Venturerider.org 10% of whatever I sell as a result of this post.

As far as the overall condition of the parts

Plastic Body parts;

Most of the plastic is in good shape considering the age of the bike however, whoever owned the bike in the past painted over the original red/darkred color with what appears to be flat black spray paint. So whoever buys the body parts will need to repaint whatever piece they are interested in so keep that in mind. Any and all of the flaws I've noticed so far are very fixable. The two lower front fairings have been substainly damaged.

It appears that the bike has been living outdoors uncovered. Some of the chrome pieces have surface rust that can be easily cleaned.Some of the metal alloy pieces have signs of oxidation that I believe can be wire brushed clean in most cases.

The bike was non running when I got her and has been sitting for a while. Last inspection sticker by the State Of NH is dated 6/30/02. I don't know anything about its history other than what I can see. Bike is showing 53K miles. When I put a battery in it everything came on and lit up and the engine turned over easily. I imagine since it's been sitting the carbs and electrical connections may need some attention. I will test any parts that I can to determine if they are good or not.

Edited by Dragonslayer
Additional information

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, sounds like the good stuff is going fast. Any chrome trim for the front fender or any other other trim pieces? How is the gold on the front winshield trim? If its in good shape I'd be interested.

Dan

Dang, sounds like the good stuff is going fast. Any chrome trim for the front fender or any other other trim pieces? How is the gold on the front winshield trim? If its in good shape I'd be interested.

Dan

no front fender Chrome however i do have this chrome mascot that came off my bike. It does have a few scratches on one side. The front windshield trim is already listed on Ebay. Please check original post for revised updated information. and pictures.

Is the windshield decent on the bike? Any chance of passenger floor boards or armrests? Thanks.

Windsheild is not broken or scratched but it does have a very light cloudiness from sun exposure. Not bad but noticeable no passenger floorboards, passenger pegs and brackets are already on ebay, no armrest either.... Sorry.

Any chance you still have the rear brake master cylinder reservoir? I just broke mine in half! really ruined my day.

Here's a pic.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...threadid=24684

Yes I have one the outside is somewhat oxidized but can be cleaned up. I have not removed it yet so I have not opened it to see what the inside looks like but all the brakes work on the bike.

CB, connections for it and the panel/s it fits in

SPeedo/tach console

There was no CB on this bike and the right side Class Controller bezel has already been promised. Do have the Speedo Tach console The outer front cover of which has some damage but the inside Gauge cluster appears to be in good shape.

no front fender Chrome however i do have this chrome mascot that came off my bike. It does have a few scratches on one side. The front windshield trim is already listed on Ebay. Please check original post for revised updated information. and pictures.

Do you think the scratches will come out? Is it actual metal and chrome or plastic? I will check out ebay tonite.

Guest Brad25ca
Have the antenna and mount but no trailer hitch. Antenna mount has surface rust that should clean off. Please see original post for revisions.

I'll take the antenna & mount. How much? I'll cover shipping of course, I'm in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada, Postal COde B3M 3M9

Guest ezornes

Hello Bob aka dragonslayer

thank you for the fast reply on the part.

E. Zornes

905 E. Cooper Dr.

Muncie,IN 47303

765-284-2586 home ph.

765-716-1716 cell:97:

If the speedo is operational, lets talk.

In addition, if you know the remaining fairing frame peices to be good (not bent from the bike ever falling over), I could be interested in those too. I know Randya has claim to one of those pieces.

The rubber box around the gas tank filler, is it split or torn, if not, we can add that too.

Edited by GigaWhiskey

If the speedo is operational, lets talk.

In addition, if you know the remaining fairing frame peices to be good (not bent from the bike ever falling over), I could be interested in those too. I know Randya has claim to one of those pieces.

The rubber box around the gas tank filler, is it split or torn, if not, we can add that too.

Speedo, I've got it and everything seems to light up when powered But since the bike is not running I have not actually seen speedo work . So, what I can do to test the gauge cluster is to install it on my bike and give it a test spin. This may take me a day or two to get done. I'll get back to as soon as I can with more information.

The fairing frame pieces seem to be good so far. All the outer pieces of the fairing, console panels and bezels, fake tank cover, grills around handle bars and lower front fairings and headlight trim all line up properly. Both upper front fairings do not have any tale-tell skint places on the top outermost edge, outside from mirrors, where these beast seem to make contact with the ground when they fall over. I'll take a pic and forward when I remove it.

Rubber boot around tank filler is good

Hello Bob aka dragonslayer

thank you for the fast reply on the part.

E. Zornes

905 E. Cooper Dr.

Muncie,IN 47303

765-284-2586 home ph.

765-716-1716 cell:97:

Erik,

Nice talking to you on the phone this morning, Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of information and a wealth of great people here that will help keep your new ride healthy and you continually happy and proud of her.

I found the test proceedure in shop manual for the rectifier/regulator and soon as I get Clear on test proceedure with advice from one of the experts I will test the part I have and let you know what the results are.

Send me a fax number and I'll fax a copy of the test proceedure so you can test the one you have to make sure It has failed and it's not something else..