IGNORED

2008 Venture...

jkt69

Hello everyone. This is my first post on your forum and I am happy I found it. 3 weeks ago Friday I bought an 08 Boulevard C50T, now I am looking at getting an 08 Venture. (Didn't take us long to realize we bought the wrong bike).

My wife loves to ride, and the Venture is hands down the most comfortable bike we have sat on. I had my mind set on a GoldWing until we went to a Honda / Yamaha dealer and had a chance to sit on both. I was surprised at the Venture...so now I am shopping for one.

I could use your help in my search though. How much do Yamaha dealers usually come off of MSRP and what is a fair price? I know they list at around 17.5 range.

Thanks for your help.

jkt69

Welcome to VR.Org

I see your from Alabama too...we need all the Alabamians we can get on this site..

Not sure if your looking for a brand new 08..or ifyour just looking for a darn good deal on a used one.

If your interested in good used ones please visit our classifieds:

There are (9) bikes listed there (here is the link)

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php/cat/4

PS:

I am from Huntsville, so if your coming to or near Huntsville, send me an email and maybe we can meet up for that favorite drink, or go for a ride some time.

I could use your help in my search though. How much do Yamaha dealers usually come off of MSRP and what is a fair price? I know they list at around 17.5 range.

Thanks for your help.

I just got one in may...17,800 out the door(included destination/set-up fee,tax,title,license....everything) Also got them to "throw in" a luggage rack (installed) for that price. Problem I had was...nobody will talk numbers until your at the dealer.So...only one dealer within 3 hours of us had an 08 in stock (and they only had one)......they didn't deal much... I've seen alot of places on line offer a lower price,but...sometimes they'll rape you with fees. And it's nice to be able to take your bike in for sevice where you bought it. Good luck on your search!!:mo money::mo money:

KEITH,

DONT KNOW IF YOUR WILLING TO TRAVEL, BUT SPANKYM, A NEW MEMBER JUST PURCHASED A LEFTOVER O7 HERE IN NY FOR 12,900 . I KNOW THE DEALER HAS ONE OR TWO LEFT.. OR AT LEAST HE DID LAST WEEK..ALSO PIONEER MOTORSPORTS IN CHAFFEE NY HAS ONE SITTING ON HIS FLOOR WITH A STICKER PRICE OF14,900. I THINK THIS IS A O7 ALSO..SURE YOU COULD TALK HIM DOWN SOME..VERY GOOD TO DEAL WITH. IF YOU NEED MORE INFO CALL ME. I HAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBERS AND CONTACT NAMES.:mo money:

Well here is what I did when I finally made up my it was time to step up from my 98 TC to a Venture.

I checked all the local dealers, I am lucky to have 5 or so within a 60 mile radius, knew what they had and what they were asking. I had been keeping a real close eye on Cycle Trader watching for deals on slightly used and new Ventures. Found one about 250 miles south for $2500.00 below MSRP, my research convinced me that was just about what the markup is from dealer cost to MSRP. I contacted the dealer via email to make sure it was a new bike. Once that was established I requested his best out the door price, which they sent me in a return email.

Just so happened that one of the local dealers (25 miles from the house) had a Blue/Black 07 on their sales floor for the past month or so. I sent them an email with a copy of the written offer from the other dealer, telling them I was buying a Venture that week and would rather keep my business in town, and could they match that price.

Offer came back with in $50.00, figured I could not make the trip to the other dealer for $50.00 so I bought it the next day and picked it up the following Saturday.

The keys are research, know what is available and what you are willing to pay. I maybe could have gotten a better deal, but it was the price I had figured I would have to pay and there was no messing around at the dealer dickering with the saleman or the money guy.

I bought an 06 RSV after considering going the GW route and have no regrets. I think you'll be pleased with an RSV. If you don't mind traveling, check out the prices at Abernathy's in Union City, Tn. They are on line. Also, Town & Country in Murray, Ky. will try to beat Abernathy's but aren't always successful. Abernathy's had them for 14,700 not long ago.

Hello everyone. This is my first post on your forum and I am happy I found it. 3 weeks ago Friday I bought an 08 Boulevard C50T, now I am looking at getting an 08 Venture. (Didn't take us long to realize we bought the wrong bike).

My wife loves to ride, and the Venture is hands down the most comfortable bike we have sat on. I had my mind set on a GoldWing until we went to a Honda / Yamaha dealer and had a chance to sit on both. I was surprised at the Venture...so now I am shopping for one.

Thanks for your help.

www.lakehillmotors.com Corinth MS, 60 miles West of Florence AL. Checked their website,, they show they still have an 07 Black for $14,699 and 08s for $15,299. that is out the door,, you pay tax/title when you get it home.

I have been calling dealers today, I actually have a list of about 20 of them. What surprises me the most is the way the people talk to me on the phone....are they actually wanting to sell something, or get put on the list of dealers to never deal with again?

I am in management and train sales people, and simply do not get that type of attitude...makes me think that if I opened a dealership I would get a lion share of the business....by the way, while most dealerships were closed Saturday, the wife and I went to a Harley dealer, parking lot was slammed packed, and the people were super friendly. If I were a Harley fan I would have bought an Ultra Glide on the spot.

Guest Dandy1

I bought my 06 RSV in August of 06 for $15,100 out the door. My boss liked my bike and just bought an 08 for $14900 out the door. This was in Muskogee, Ok. I have 18k on my bike now and love it. The Goldwing has much more power but you can't find a more comfortable ride than the Venture. Good Luck!

• 3 years later...

Some people get flak from Harley riders about the RSV being a knockoff. Let 'em say what they want.

When you're sitting in stop and go traffic on a 100+ sunny day, and you see Harleys having overheating issues from their air cooled engines...you'll really appreciate your liquid cooled Yamaha 1300.

Also, love the shaft drive.

Go suck an egg, Hogsters.

:cool10:

I have been calling dealers today, I actually have a list of about 20 of them. What surprises me the most is the way the people talk to me on the phone....are they actually wanting to sell something, or get put on the list of dealers to never deal with again?

I am in management and train sales people, and simply do not get that type of attitude...makes me think that if I opened a dealership I would get a lion share of the business....by the way, while most dealerships were closed Saturday, the wife and I went to a Harley dealer, parking lot was slammed packed, and the people were super friendly. If I were a Harley fan I would have bought an Ultra Glide on the spot.

Keith,,

Slow down, take your time, spend a few weeks looking for a DEAL.

Some guy in Spartanburg has a line on a 2009 for,,, he says $9k or less.

That is a DEAL.

Might see what he is looking at, cause he is just tire kicking. (look for some link for "2009"

Anyhow, don't burn a hole in your pocket, take a breath and look for a good deal.

You now know you want a Venture (or RSTD). I'm proof, you can get a very good deal if you don't let it overwhelm you.

Mike G in SC

Might wanna check the posting date (and user status) for JKT. ;)

Oh,,, Geeze.

2008 posts,,, by now this guy has been through a couple of bikes.

So,,, Texas Venture,, doing the Rip Van Winkle thing?

Thanks Keemez,, I'll keep a better eye on it. LOL.

Mike G in SC