IGNORED

Avon Venom tires

Bill Feehan

Bill the 86 that the members presented me with at Freebirds has Avons on it and let me tell you that they are great I did around 800 miles on them and we came through WV on I77 running the curves at speeds between 75 and 90 mph.I dont know how well they are going to hold up over the long run but with me riding the bike the miles will add up quickly. I will try to give a report on them when they do wear out so people can get a general idea of milage and how I feel about them.

Jeff

Bill,

I went to the Venom's on my 1st Gen. It handled get in the twisties, but on the open freeway it had a head wobble to it. I adjusted the air presure and most of it went away. After putting about 1000 miles on the tires it's all good at any speed. They stick in the corners real well.

I'll buy them again....they roll into the cornres real nice.

Kurt

Put the Avon Venoms on my '84 last summer and have about 4,000 mile on them. I'm more than pleased with them. Last night I got caught in a downpour for about 25 miles and they were excellent on the wet roads in heavy rain. At this point, I'd buy them again. Waiting to see the miles I get out of them.

Put a set on two years ago and was plenty happy. Put a new rear on this winter and took it off, way too much waddle, or swimming effect. Same goes for Wizard765. Put a whole new set on last week, went to Don's, 1200 km, but was thankful for a passenger. Handles no good except with a passenger, then it's better, not great, but better and could hold a nice 110km hr. These are now coming off and I'm going to put on Dunlops Elite II. Will see how it all pans out. I was happy with the Avons, so it kind of tics me off, but that's the way it goes. Others have said that 1st gens and Avons are a bad mix.

Put a set on two years ago and was plenty happy. Put a new rear on this winter and took it off, way too much waddle, or swimming effect. Same goes for Wizard765. Put a whole new set on last week, went to Don's, 1200 km, but was thankful for a passenger. Handles no good except with a passenger, then it's better, not great, but better and could hold a nice 110km hr. These are now coming off and I'm going to put on Dunlops Elite II. Will see how it all pans out. I was happy with the Avons, so it kind of tics me off, but that's the way it goes. Others have said that 1st gens and Avons are a bad mix.

hi Carl

i have the Avon on the front and a Dunlop on the rear. my bike rides straight as an arrow. try switching out just the rear tire to a Dunlop.

my next rear tire i am going to try a Dunlop touring elite 3 as i have quite a few miles on the rear tire now, it still has good tread with over 20,000 km on it.

cheers, Scott