IGNORED

Ontario Ride, Oct 07, 2023

Marcarl

2 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

Seems like I am going to chance the ride to Brantford as forecast saying light rain then clearing! Hopefully be there by 9:30 or so!

Little late but am at Timmy's Paris Ontario!

On 3/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, videoarizona said:

Actually, I do think many riders are downsizing. Take a good solid look at the new Royal Enfield 650 Super Meteor. It's coming to the US this summer. A solid, well made cruiser thats taking the motorcycle media by storm. Its a simple, humble well built bike. Even has ABS and Brembro type brakes. But a strong motor, simple instrumentation (reminds me of the VStars), and solid fit and finish. With an estimated price tag of around $8K, it should sell very well here. 

Why? Well......

Because.....The mid sized cruiser market is barren. Yamaha pulled the VStar 950 and 1300 that were truly the best cruisers out there. They were far better than HD's or anyone else's cruisers. Upgrading those bikes would have given Yamaha the lead in the mid size cruiser market. They still own the small size cruiser market with the VStar 250. Its been crediting as being the best small cruiser for beginners, for the quite a few years now.

Add to that, the new "touring" bikes being introduced are smaller, lighter and far faster than ever. Many have V4's in them!!! There are called sport tourers or adventure bikes. The former are larger and road worthy...the latter are smaller but equally suited for light off roading and highway riding. From Yamaha?  Think Tenere.

That's where the money is going right now.

The touring market isn't going away...it's changing....and the Star riders didn't even notice....hence the new Yamaha touring scoot that failed to sell despite being a tremendous effort by Yamaha.

Well...as I said before...if the newest  Yamaha had been a truly unique touring machine, I would have bought one. I've completed my 75th year of life, and my riding days are nearing the end. My body is telling me to slow down. Been riding since I was 17ish. The RSV has served me well and I still love to ride it. But yearn for the smaller, lighter, more nimble scoots like the VStar 950Tourer. Fast, comfortable economical and put my old body in the wind nicely. Maybe I'll sell the RSV and get that Royal Enfield cruiser. I doubt Yamaha will give me a choice.....shame.

Hope all are well...do miss youse guys and gals!

david

Just got back home around 2:30! Was at Timmie's between 10 and 11:15 then went for around a 80klm(1 1/2 hr) ride to see the leaves and passed a Halloween display that took up someone's whole front yard. the route  I ended up taking had 2 stretches of packed gravel rood but was just like riding on pavement. (roughly 2 to 3klms )

Thank you @Marcarll!!!!!!!   It was a pleasant ride! Would have been better with company but maybe next Saturday will be better!!

51 minutes ago, Marcarl said:

Temp for Saturday is 13 and under, so for this body that is getting too cold. Thursday is the best for temp but rain and I'm bust morning and aft.

I Don't mind cool but do prefer dry to wet.

When your all honey and sugar there is always a risk of melting😇

11 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Temp for Saturday is 13 and under, so for this body that is getting too cold. Thursday is the best for temp but rain and I'm bust morning and aft.

Mid 50's is a good ride temp. Mid 70's - mid 80's is perfect.  A good leather coat will keep you warm.  I don't mind being cold and I don't mind being wet. I never want to be cold and wet again. BTW here's the weather for Houston TX.  Our highs are dropping 30 degrees F overnight. You Northerners need to keep your weather up there. 

image.png.2ca2e3be5b07cb59c75d1750c288bb16.png

1 hour ago, sleepy2 said:

Seems to be no change in weather as of now!

On 10/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, sleepy2 said:

Just checked channel and calling 13-14cel. no rain till Sunday so I will probably be there hopefully by 10am.

Sounds good I will be there also.

Uh where's there Timmies on rest acres?

Arrived and waited for a while then went shopping at Canadian Tire then went back to meet Ben (saddlebum) on his bike then Don (xv1100se showed in his  Tundra (don't care what he showed up in). Stood around for coffee and conversation then Don headed out and Ben and I went shopping at Princess Auto then went our own way home! Didn't go on leaf tour as we liked shopping better I guess!20231028_110229.thumb.jpg.6ab28abd239cd496c12b7e26813e8f60.jpg

20231028_110148.jpg

20231028_095300.jpg

You were missing? We never noticed. Oh wait that might explain why I got to do all the talking. :backinmyday:

All kidding aside it was a great meet and greet even if we didn't, get out for a full blown colour ride. Did pick up a few thing's at princess auto. Told my wife it was Phil's fault he had to go and mention princess auto :innocent-emoticon:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

That's OK Ben I don't mind being blamed! My family gets curious and wonders why I DON'T stop at Princess Auto when I go to the cities with one and DON'T stop and shop!That is why I usually bring along my trailer!(bring it when I might buy a lot or yard sale)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1