IGNORED

The argument for a second motorcycle

rpep1982

Hi everyone!

I found a great deal on a 83 Goldwing that looks and sounds amazing with a recent service. The problem is how do I convince the wife I need another motorcycle? She tells me how much I love my venture and how I brag about it's reliability and long life. I believe I may have gotten myself in a spot I can't debate my way out of. Any suggestions from multiple bike owners on realistic persuasion techniques would be helpful.

Here in Ontario unless you got the cash a second bike is out of the question because insurance company's still charge full pop for each bike even thoughyou can only ride one at a time. The excuse is you might let someone else ride the bike even  if it's only once in a blue moon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Du-Rron said:

I have a few bikes.  I am in Texas and my insurer is Markel.  They have just started Voom insurance a pay as you go per mile for each bike for insurance with base line Comp insurance.

VOOM Insurance Link (Click Here)

I wish they operated in NC.  At one point, I was insuring 3 bikes and two vehicles and in NC they price it like you can drive/ride all 5 at the same time.   We need to be talking to our legislatures.  

• Thanks 1

I was saving for the new Venture TC or the new Goldwing after I saw them at the Toronto bike show back in 2018. I thought I’d treat myself to a new bike after owning my 84VR since new. I finally realized, I can’t afford a 30k motorcycle. With the money I saved I bought a 99 Honda Valkyrie. My wife was on board and prefers the Valkyrie when travelling. They’re just more leg room and luggage space although it’s a heavy bike when all loaded up. It gets lots of compliments when it’s all shined up. Most people don’t realize that the 84VR is more comfortable to ride with the air suspension and more nimble. It’s nice to have multiple bikes but as Saddlebum pointed out, there’s no break on insurance when riding multiple bikes. Adding the Valkyrie to my stable made me realize….I had the perfect bike for me. It makes me appreciate the Venture even more. Now, I also bought an 86 VR a few years ago. It was in mint condition and I couldn’t say no to the price offered….. that one appeared in the driveway one day to my wife’s surprise. That one I had to ask forgiveness…. she doesn’t like to ride that bike for some strange reason…🤔 It was more of an impulse buy. 

Mark

• Like 2