IGNORED

Opps

Spur52

What a nice week end for a ride me and the wife took off for a long ride sat.AM got home at dusk. got up Sunday jumped on the bike and off we went .rode until PM came home time to change oil got every thing out and went at it well some one (that would be me )for got to put the oil plug back in didn't see it right off had all most 3 quarts on the grage floor :whistling: :whistling:

WHAT A MESS! At least you didn't do what I did years ago. On my first oil change I was performing, I forgot to take off the oil filter but still added the 4.5 guarts and boy did I have a black cloud and oikl coming out everywhere!:scared:

Leaving off the oil plug is really not a bad blooper. after all, you had a large pool of oil to not only tell you that you made a mistake, but what the mistake was. easy fix and no lasting damage. now......let me tell you about my friend, carl, who did almost the same thing. he put the plug back in "finger tight" and then got sidetracked and forgot to tighten it on down. put in the oil and down the road he went.....until the plug backed out. you have any idea where the oil goes when it comes out of the drain plug while the bike is going down the highway at 60 or so? 'hint' the rear tire is directly in line with it.......................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...