IGNORED

Rest in Peace John Furber

Freebird

I have no details but learned yesterday that John Furber has passed away.  Most of you know or knew of John, he owned RSV Sportmax and supplied many of us with VMax rear end conversions for our bikes.  He was also the originator of the Furber Fix that improved the handling of the VMax motorcycle and actually the RSV also.  I have had several good conversations with John over the years and have bought two or three of the VMax rear end conversions from him.  John was great to deal with.  I don't know the details of his passing but I do know that he will be missed.  God Speed My Friend.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info Don. It reminds me that sooner or later we all get to face that time, whether we like it or not. Best thing is to prepare for it while we still can. Tell others we love them, clean out the garage, setup will and testament, know what happens after this life, inform the right parties of funeral wishes etc, tell others you still love them.

Such tragic news... John M. Furbur tragically passed away yesterday after he became unresponsive due to a medical issue while driving.  He was a resident of Catasauqua. I also knew John....Thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and loved ones...  

UPPER TULPEHOCKEN TWP., Pa - The man killed in Tuesday afternoon's crash on I-78 West has been identified as a resident of Catasauqua Borough, Lehigh County.

The victim, 62-year-old John M. Furbur, became unresponsive due to a medical emergency while driving between the Shartlesville and Strausstown exits around 1 p.m., Pennsylvania State Police said. Furbur's vehicle went off the road, struck a parked tractor trailer and backhoe, then continued into the woods and struck a tree.

I copied and pasted this from FB. 

I met John some 15 odd years ago. I was on a "Quest" to find the perfect Final Drive for my 87'VR. He was the one that told me that the FJR1300 Final Drive would fit, but some machined parts would be needed to make it work properly. Well, he knew that I was a Machinist, and NOT caring about the fact that he just talked himself out of a VMAX Final Drive Sale, he shared the "Inside Scoop" on modifying the FJR Final Drive into a suitable Venture Final Drive with the VMAX gearing. I was very grateful, but at that moment I realized that John Furber was a GOOD Man! 

Over the years, we have chatted about many things. Motorcycle related, and other things as well. I'm sure he made mistakes, just like we all do. But his spirit never changed. He knew what he knew, and shared it freely. He was an excellent problem solver, and was always up for a challenge! 

If there was a gauge to measure the "Quality" of time a person has spent on this world, John would be 1000 years old. It's sad he went so soon.    RESPECT!

Earl

• Like 1