OK I have had a new front tire mounted for 6 months on a spare rim. I aired up both front and rear tires on the 84. I aired up the new tire on the spare rim and changed it out Saturday. I little test ride Sunday seemed OK so now it was time for a test run through the gears to see if everything was OK and that clutch slippage issue was gone. The bike pulled strong through the gears but developed a front end wobble at about 110mph. I brought it back in and noticed the front rotor was hot on the linked brake caliber side. The pads are new and I think some dirt and grime got between the back of the pads and the caliber piston. I was only out for about 50 miles total and this evening I decided to check air pressure again before another ride and the new front tire was down to 10 lb. It dropped about 30 lb from the time I aired it up last thursday. That might explain a little wobble at 110. Now where is that leak I hope it's only a valve core.

Aired up the tire again it seems to be holding. I took a 50 mile ride and so far so good. The brake caliber is cooling down so that problem fixed it self. I did notice the ride seems stiffer then I remember. I wonder if there is any fluid left in those forks. I aired up the front to 10 lb to see if the forks would hold air. When I done the progressive spring upgrade I used way to light weight of fork oil. The scoot started leaking again shortly after. Thats been about two years ago. Getting ready for that beach trip in two weeks.I'll check that front tire air pressure before every ride to see if I still have a problem.I want to put some miles on the 84 before leaving. Clutch pulling strong. Now where is that Dodge Hemi?

Put 50 lb in the tire, then Check it first thing in the morning.

Or 60lb. and use the Soap now. Thats a big leak, should show up, not problem.

Install a New Valve in the Stem, just in case the valve is bad.

Carefully check the entire rim on both sided, maby tire not properly seated completly.

WOW. It's amazing what you can learn from this site. All these years of riding and I wasn't even aware that a FIRST Gen could go 110 mph...:confused24: :think: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :whistling:

I have found the bike certainly has the power and gearing to go faster than any 110 but all of the wind catching and deflecting fairings makes the bike to hard to handle at higher speeds. I have taken my 83 to above 110 many, many times but just for very short periods such as entering an interstate and wanting to let my wings loose. I never ride for sustained periods over about 95 and actually prefer 90. I had a couple of XS11's that you could ride at 125 with no hands. I took one of them to 145 on two different occasions and the front end started to shimmy but I quickly dropped back down to 125 and it stopped. These big bikes are not designed and properly set up for high speed runs as the rice-rockets are.

Dick :)

When I found out last year coming home from Cincinnatti with 3rd gear the highest I could go, running 65 mph at 5500 rpm was considered "taking it easy on the bike" by several members of this board. I knew then I had found the perfect bike!!

:bikersmilie::bikersmilie: