IGNORED

How involved are MC inspections in your State?

Tartan Terror

Ontario has inspections for both, cars also need emissions test every two years. Motorcycles need to have lights working, they check most brg's expecially the sterring head, also visual check to make sure things are correct, (like foot pegs in good shape and there etc....)

Some will take them for a ride, but not mandatory.

BRad

No annual inspection in Kansas, but if you buy a bike from out of state, you have an inspection, just basiclly vin # inspection to make sure the bike isn't stolen.

I did take my MC test here in Kansas with the 84 Venture, I tried to get a smaller bike but was unable to. It would help on because they make you do ALOT of slow riding and such, but passed with no problems.

BTW Make sure when changing states you have them transfer the MC endorsement, I didn't and had to take everything again. :sick:

With all the states that don't require inspections I can see where MC accidents are on the rise. I am pretty confident that the majority of younger people who ride bikes tend to ignore safety issues with MC's more.

Here in NC they are supposed to check the tires, all lights, brakes, db level at the tail pipe, and the odo. Most only check for tire wear, HL and Brake lights.

They are also supposed to check if your passing lights go off when the High Beam is turned on. That's why I pull the CB for the passing lights every time I get it inspected.

As noted, not only do we not have vehicle inspections here in Tennessee, we also do not have a state income tax!!!

RandyA

Also no need for trailer tags or license plate in Tennessee...I do carry a copy of the stated requirements or lack thereof for the LEO's in other states who don't believe!!!:cool10:

They have an inspection here in VA.

I have not yet had my 2007 RSV inspected..... but it is coming up.

Somewhere on the internet is the VA inspection, as some guy was complaining about the headlamp inspection....

I dont think they have to ride it, but the inspector has to have the MC inspecting training... so most car inspectors cannot inspect a bike also....

BTW I DO NOT LIKE my local Stealership....

Guest Popeye

Kansas has a 'legal' inspection for out-of-state titles only....someone looks at vehicle & matches VIN with title. $15. fee.

Then, take vehicle to register & get KS title & pay sales tax, fees, and Big 'Personal Property Taxes'...every year.

Manitoba has vehicle inspection requirement on any new sale.

Safety inspection includes checking tires, brakes, brake lines, lights. Costs about 45 bucks to do.

Usually the seller does the safety prior to sale. Having a completed safety is a nice selling feature even if it doesnt mean the bike is running. A non-running bike can pass safety if it has power to the lights!

My 89 passed without a blemish on the page when I took it in the day before the new owner picked her up.

The safety is valid for a year.

We've got an inspection here in MA. Due every May, regardless of when you bought the bike. Depends on the place you go for your sticker, as to how thorough they are. But they pretty much check the basics, lights, horn, directionals, brakes, etc. No test drive, hand over $15 and you're on the way. They use to just hand you a sticker and you just had to have it readily available to show, if asked. Now it's a smaller sticker that goes on the license plate. I also agree with some of the sentiments written about NY, I hate it, too, but it has nothing to do with motorcycles, it's just the way we're raised here in MA.

Guest JGorom
No inspections in IN at all. I hate NY.

Me too...and I've got to live here for at least another year! I'm serious...I'm feed up with the stupidity of this State and the corrupt politicians who run it.