IGNORED

kick stand plate

Naked Rider

I use the white cutting boards from the kitchen. I buy them cheap at a dollar store, cut them to the size i want and drill a hole to tie a coily string on to attach to bike so I dont forget it. I make sure the pad is cut small enuff to fit in the leather pouch attached to the fairing on my 1st gen.

I find this material works the best as it doesnt soak anything up, it wipes off easily , its fairly light and it takes abuse well.

It also works good if you have to throw it at a cager to get his attention cause its nice and handy and a nice size to throw.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Use a cover to an electrical junction box. They are about 50 cents, have a hole already in 'em, Tie a string or a wire to it so you can lift it without having to bend over. I put mine in the mesh pouch installed in the right saddle bag. Get two so you can give one away to someone who needs it. The gift costs you nothing, and someone will really appreciate it after they have picked their bike up because the stand sunk into hot asphalt.

RR

I made my own out of 3/4 Aluminum. A hole and a couple of slots for some monofiliment line. I like the 4 square cover did not think it would be strong enough. Worry about someone steeling mine. I over heard someone comenting on it at a ride as I was walking away from the scoot.

I have two, one is a large metal washer with a rubber backing that I collected somewhere, but it is a little small. Then at a bike show, they were giving away nice plastic ones with a hole in it. I use small electrical wire, with the vinly coating instead of string. it stays wound up better around the plate in the pocket, and when I tie it off at the handlebar, it stays put with just a twist.

I use a circular aluminum 4mm plate I had a workshop make for me. Sorry I don´t have a picture of it but will post one soon. I have some modifications in mind that will make it possible to store the plate on the side of the bike itself but not the saddlebags. Still working on it but will post info when finished.

A Royal Star that I just recently bought had a nice addition to the kickstand that makes the bike lean a little less when laid on the kickstand. The bike is still in USA but I will get it in about 2 months (transport damage - being repaired) Will give you the whole story after I have everything sorted out.

nahhhhhhh... yo-yos are only for us "old" guys ....

:witch_brew: :sign20:

Never would have thought of using a yo-yo. Neat idea. Is this like an industrial strength model? I could easily see a standard yo-yo disappeaing into the asphalt down here in the South.

Never would have thought of using a yo-yo. Neat idea. Is this like an industrial strength model? I could easily see a standard yo-yo disappeaing into the asphalt down here in the South.

dang... if we could only get rid of some of the "yo-yos" around here that easily....:rotf: :rotf:

I would think that the disbursement of the weight of the bike onto the end of the side stand would change depending on the height of the object between the base of the side stand and the ground. Having said that, and considering the width of the yo-yo, there would be less weight transferred at the ground requiring extremely soft surface to cause it to disappear....

Having said that, it is important to carry more than one yo-yo. One normal sized one for those climates where the temps are such that the asphalt doesn't soften, and another one that is wider and a larger diameter for those climates you ride into where the temps are so hot that asphalt is in almost a liquid state.....

:sign20: