IGNORED

Okay ladies, how about this for an idea.

gibvel

I was thinking, after reading the prize list for Ft. Collins, about all the prizes being really great and all, but more "Man", "Man and his scooter", "Boy and his dog", oriented.

Here's the idea, mull it over and see if this sounds like something you want to do.

Ladies, the ones I know at least, like baskets of stuff. Now, I don't know if each would be willing to work up a basket or not but you could make them with different themes. Some themes would be.......Movie night, relaxation, bath night, romance, coffee lovers, chocolate lovers, book lover etc. etc., etc. you get the idea.

Movie night could be a basket with a movie, microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, goobers etc. things you'd eat at the movies....you know, bath night could be a basket with stuff from Bath and body works, a CD of relaxing music, you know, things you can pamper yourselves with in the bath...etc. let your minds go wild. I think this would be a great way for the ladies to get more involved and get some stuff as well. Most of these would not cost all that much to make and could be fun things to give away at the rally.

You could even make some up for the guys if you really wanted to (Naw they get enough stuff anyway). They could be done in advance and brought or you could do them here. There is a Michael's, Hobby Lobby (for baskets), Bath and Body works and lots of other places to get things here.

Mark,

That is a GREAT IDEA!!! We were talking about this kind a thing at our last meet n eat! The prizes are nice for the guys to put on the bike and such. But what about the ladies, they are always the ones doung the cooking (Charlene) and taking care of the guys! I think they need something for them! (other than chrome) !

Ok ladies.............Mark has made a very good suggestion.........we need some prizes for the ladies at Fort Collins also...........

thank you Mark, it's nice to see one of you men thinking about us ladies !!!

so here is my suggestion.......................:hurts:

The ladies themselves ( as a group) could donate a prize or prizes to the Meet.

This would be a female specific prize(s)

If we all would donate $5 or whatever you can......I will get a gift basket from Bath and Body Works made up for us to donate for a prize..........if we manage to collect a lot of $$.......maybe we could do a couple female prizes...or even just do some gift certificates from B&B works or other places.

If anyone is interested I will collect donations towards this project......

my paypal account is

dchwestfall@dchwestfall.com

or if you dont do paypal pm me for my mailing address...........

and men........you can donate towards this also if you wish:cool10: on behalf of your wife, significant other, girlfriend, etc.

a $ here and a $ there will add up quickly..........:innocent:

I'll keep you all posted on what we manage to collect and then we can decide what we want to get for the prizes.

I think that this is a fantastic idea and am glad you are running with it. You much be reading my mind...I had just emailed the moderators a couple of days ago about this very thing. I was getting ready to hit one of our ladies up to work on this. Glad we have a volunteer. :)

PayPal donation is on the way.

That sounds like a great idea. We should get them all a nice wash bucket with a wash mitt, soap ,chrome polish and every thing else they will need to do there womanly dutys and keep our scoots clean and shiny.:stirthepot::stirthepot:

:buttkick::buttkick:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_22.gif

That sounds like a great idea. We should get them all a nice wash bucket with a wash mitt, soap ,chrome polish and every thing else they will need to do there womanly dutys and keep our scoots clean and shiny.:stirthepot::stirthepot:

Guess you ain't going to Fort Collins or any other place a lady may show up. You got intestinal fortitude man and I hope lots of padding on the rear side.:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

There was a thread going on helmets. What kind will you be wearing when you wife opens that can of Whoop A**!!!!! May the Force BE With You!!!

Cindy ,

Please give a good response for the sake of womanhood.

The Ladies are depending on you to stick up for us.

I think we need to define womanly duties, don't you.

I mean that could mean many different things.:confused07:

Do you not agree? And I do not think I need a mit for that.

I will wait to see what Cindy has to say.

Come on Cindy step up to the plate!

sure leave the dirty work to me...........:rotf:

as Lonna said......his bike he can clean it.........

but then again.........they are his clothes, but we wash em

his dirty dishes but we wash em

his dirty bathroom but we clean em

his dirty kids but we clean them

his dirty mind and we take care of it

his dirty.....well you get the idea..................

as for redneck........I think wolfie will make sure he gets his.............

but let me tell him this....if he doesnt take Lori to Fort Collins this summer.....well it wont be pretty......:buttkick:

as for rednecks bucket and sponge......well they would come in handy....stuff that wet sponge in his mouth to shut him up and put the bucket over his head........bang on it a few hundred times.....then we will see who cleaning the bikes.

sure leave the dirty work to me...........:rotf:

as Lonna said......his bike he can clean it.........

but then again.........they are his clothes, but we wash em

Ya or he walk around in them for 1 month straight

his dirty dishes but we wash em

What wrong with last night's supper, it was good then

his dirty bathroom but we clean em

whose bathroom?, oh he has his own? fancy!

his dirty kids but we clean them

Only when they're dirty, are they not yours

his dirty mind and we take care of it

In Redneck's case, what mind

his dirty.....well you get the idea..................

what would you do without us

as for redneck........I think wolfie will make sure he gets his.............

Got to have one first

but let me tell him this....if he doesnt take Lori to Fort Collins this summer.....well it wont be pretty......:buttkick:

as for rednecks bucket and sponge......well they would come in handy....stuff that wet sponge in his mouth to shut him up and put the bucket over his head........bang on it a few hundred times.....then we will see who cleaning the bikes.

Do I need to go on?:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Alright I'm otta here.

• 2 weeks later...

as of this date I have only gotten 2 donations for this project........I know there are a lot of pots going on right now to donate to and we do have a a cpl more months til Fort collins...........but if we can't manage to collect anything more for this I guess we wont be able to afford more than 1 lil "female" prize and the rest of the prizes for the Rally will just have to stay male oriented...........:8:

I guess its up to you all........................:cool10:

• 3 weeks later...

a lil update on the lady prizes..........

at this point we have collected about $175 to get some female specific prize(s)........also Wolfie has donated 4 pair of brand new sterling silver earings

thanks to all who have donated for this so far!!!!

once it gets a lil closer I will ask for some input as to just what you want to get for the prize(s):D

Mark,

That is a GREAT IDEA!!! We were talking about this kind a thing at our last meet n eat! The prizes are nice for the guys to put on the bike and such. But what about the ladies, they are always the ones doung the cooking (Charlene) and taking care of the guys! I think they need something for them! (other than chrome) !

Isn't that the way it is supposed to be, women taking care of their men?

:whistling:

• 1 year later...

:buttkick: Redneck, I am so glad to hear a man talk about his feminine side. It is so thoughtful of you to want to clean our bikes for us. We will be glad to get you the basket full of cleaning supplies. Let us know when and where to line our bikes up for you.

While you are in this feminine mode, I placed a couple of Cheesecake recipes on another forum, I'm sure your wife and all other ladies would love to try your cheesecake.The recipe is so simple, even a MAN can make it. :rotfl:Have you doubled up on the padding our going to need for your bike? :223: JoDee