IGNORED

Shut down China

zagger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a deep breath CaseyJ955.

Maybe I should be more excited about it all but I also realize my only real power here is the voting booth come November.

Let's not get this back into the realm of political subversion (that was a word I threw in there I heard once a long time a go) we have spies among us ( me being one of them).

Let's just get through the next few weeks or even months and survive this mess.

God willing and the creek don't rise, we will all come out of this with a much clearer vision of what is really important and what isn't.

I tried to introduce a little humor/sarcasm into the conversation to change the mood of the postings I fear I may have failed my rapier wit.

So to you CaseyJ955 I say: Nah.... Nah.... Nah.... Nah.... Nah.....

There I win! My "X" would be so proud! Oh ya who cares!

Let me buy you a drink and enjoy a little "ME" time.

Chears my friend Casey !!!!!! I think I will have one with you!

Bubber

Done and done!:happy34:

Even if we find a cure today it will take years to get back to where we were before the Chinavirus, which as I recall we were heading into a downturn anyway. We are tough and can weather a downturn, we always do and come back to enjoy the good times. I still know a good many folks that experienced the dust bowl and are tough as nails as a probable result. We can take a kick or two to the cubes and survive, it's our way.

I'll be passing you that beer :happy65:

I think it's really the way of the world. If we look at history (and it tends to repeat itself now and again) we discover that throughout time there have been wars, pestilences, disease, natural disasters, and more stuff that seemed to get in the way of 'living'. It all ties back to religion I suppose with the fight between good and evil, but I won't go there. Just the facts will tell us that we are a long way away from beating all those issues. Our forefathers, and mothers, had to deal with the happenings in their time, and now we get to deal with ours. We never can plan when these items will come up to sit on our table and stare us down. Although lately we thought that maybe we had the tiger by the tail and could live in peace and harmony,,, it's seems the apple cart got upset again, and this time from a corner that wasn't expected,,, again!!! So what else is new in the grand scope of things? It turns out, that on the whole we are not faring much or any better than the folks in history did. Some made it through, and some didn't, same as today. In the end all those born onto this earth have a time to endure here, some longer, some not so longer, or shorter if you will, but we all have to be here until we leave in death. So far nobody has beat this death thing, anymore than being able to beat the other problems I listed. They keep reoccurring. So I think it's best to take the attitude that enjoy the life we have while it can be enjoyed, and if troubles come our way, endure them as best we can and try to be a help to those less fortunate than we are. That makes living on this earth much more enjoyable and worthwhile for the time we get to spend here.

Also, I would like to know why religion is allowed and not politics? I'm not offended by either, I have thick skin and opposing views and beliefs don't cause me to become upset or to loose sleep but it did not escape my attention. I'm not talking about the prayer request room as that is clearly marked and can not be stumbled into by accident, but general religious reference and sometimes biblical stuff is allowed to totally fly where anything political is cut off like a gangrenous foot. This is not a complaint but an observation/question.

Point taken,,, thanks :bighug:

As far as I'm concerned you can rock on with whatever happens to be on your mind. I tend to take religious commentary in the spirit in which it is intended. I was hoping Don would chime in on why one was cool and the other is like cooking meth in a shopping mall food court (remember shopping malls? haha). Short of being proselytized I would never want to stifle or censor anyone's religious thoughts, speech or practices.

As a freethinker I consider my views to be different, not opposing. You are golden in my book, please express yourself however you would like. :bighug:

ALSO...changing gears... Since this is still a Chinavirus thread I have noticed some relevant coverage about the drug trials that have been taking place here in SD. I guess we make great guinea pigs haha. I have not been tested for Wuhans gift yet. I'm an RN but I've been over a year out of commission for medical reasons so I'm involved in no way and have no inside information. I'll link a local news article, I've seen other articles I cant find right off that essentially corroberate this. I'd like many more details to sate the science side of my brain and know how these meds are working, what their action on the body and disease process is. I don't suspect anyone knows for sure yet. Some positive news to have with morning coffee. It's quite early to call it a win, need more test subjects and more time to see LT effects if any. Still a reason to smile on this awesome day.

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/New-York-doctor-tells-us-about-his-impressive-results-with-hydroxychloroquine-as-South-Dakota-undergoes-clinical-trial-569682111.html

I happened to look for my last reply to this post and it must have been deleted.

Also I noticed that on the thread for "Shut down China" there is a red box over to the right. So not knowing what it was I clicked on it.

It lite up that there were a number of threads deleted, seven I think.

So if my last reply was deleted so be it. After all there must be some order to our forum. Not even sure I remember what it was that I said other than I may have used a three letter word. So so be it then. It is lost forever into the ibis of cyber world.

If there was something in there that offended someone, I am sorry. I was just trying to add a little humor to the post.

See you in the funny papers!

Bubber

I'll be at my bowl in the corner sulking.

How did we circle back to this.

I thought I derailed this thing 6-10 posts back?

So how about those Nick's huh?

​I need to correct my post referring to 77 it was 70.

If that is what you refer to above Bubber? Then it is relevant to the thread. Admittedly tho my ending may may seem like a curve ball to some but again it is fact based and is a part of mans known history, and there lies within it a reasonable explanation as to why a freed nation would then wander lost for 40 years. I like to consider myself a logical man so when asked if I thought their savior had forsaken them, then to hear their reasoning as to why it had to be so, I completely fell inline with the meaning of what a free man must be, first.. And that guys is why a communist will and direction needs to be provided for them, their cause is not their cause. Ours is what we are and who we are. So that is my take on it.

I think it's really the way of the world. If we look at history (and it tends to repeat itself now and again) we discover that throughout time there have been wars, pestilences, disease, natural disasters, and more stuff that seemed to get in the way of 'living'. It all ties back to religion I suppose with the fight between good and evil, but I won't go there. Just the facts will tell us that we are a long way away from beating all those issues. Our forefathers, and mothers, had to deal with the happenings in their time, and now we get to deal with ours. We never can plan when these items will come up to sit on our table and stare us down. Although lately we thought that maybe we had the tiger by the tail and could live in peace and harmony,,, it's seems the apple cart got upset again, and this time from a corner that wasn't expected,,, again!!! So what else is new in the grand scope of things? It turns out, that on the whole we are not faring much or any better than the folks in history did. Some made it through, and some didn't, same as today. In the end all those born onto this earth have a time to endure here, some longer, some not so longer, or shorter if you will, but we all have to be here until we leave in death. So far nobody has beat this death thing, anymore than being able to beat the other problems I listed. They keep reoccurring. So I think it's best to take the attitude that enjoy the life we have while it can be enjoyed, and if troubles come our way, endure them as best we can and try to be a help to those less fortunate than we are. That makes living on this earth much more enjoyable and worthwhile for the time we get to spend here.

I think you are a flower child Carl;) always wanting to make love not war!

Also, I would like to know why religion is allowed and not politics? I'm not offended by either, I have thick skin and opposing views and beliefs don't cause me to become upset or to loose sleep but it did not escape my attention. I'm not talking about the prayer request room as that is clearly marked and can not be stumbled into by accident, but general religious reference and sometimes biblical stuff is allowed to totally fly where anything political is cut off like a gangrenous foot. This is not a complaint but an observation/question.

As far as I'm concerned you can rock on with whatever happens to be on your mind. I tend to take religious commentary in the spirit in which it is intended. I was hoping Don would chime in on why one was cool and the other is like cooking meth in a shopping mall food court (remember shopping malls? haha). Short of being proselytized I would never want to stifle or censor anyone's religious thoughts, speech or practices.

As a freethinker I consider my views to be different, not opposing. You are golden in my book, please express yourself however you would like.

In some ways the restrictions serves us tho I agree not equally.

On the other hand tho it does force us to dig deep, is also why the use of history to make our points should stand. To not allow that would then be hypocritical. By all means question the piece of history quoted for relevance to the subject as we do not all connect those dots the same way.

I also think that we need be careful of conspiracies, they spread to quickly, people pass them on to quickly like we are now doing with this virus. Facts matter to in a conspiracy. I find that more people then not believe and spread conspiracies when they limit themselves to one source of intake.

As for Dad not engaging I have chosen to relate it to a physics thingy; If we take a steel rod grind a point to one end then strike it several times at the other end with a mallet the tip becomes magnetic, then particles get attracted to it; we may think it cool but if the particles are viewed as contaminants then that becomes a problem. A roll of plastic seems quite harmless until you unroll it then you get static discharge, know what I mean...hmm

ALSO...changing gears... Since this is still a Chinavirus thread I have noticed some relevant coverage about the drug trials that have been taking place here in SD.

Lets hope we find a fix soon.

As a freethinker I consider my views to be different, not opposing. You are golden in my book, please express yourself however you would like.

In some ways the restrictions serves us tho I agree not equally.

True, nothing is perfect and I dont get worked up about it. I'm openly opposed to excessive censorship, which is what I believe happened here, I find it disappointing but it does not anger me. This IS a privately run forum and I respect the rights of the mod to censor at his discretion. Overall I believe the mod does a sound job of maintaining this forum and the finished product is of high quality. I also know that if it does start to anger me I can simple leave. It's really a fantastic community so I'll remain as long as I'm allowed and it remains a high quality product. I should also note that IMHO it was proper to give a couple warning shots before inflicting censorship.

On the other hand tho it does force us to dig deep, is also why the use of history to make our points should stand. To not allow that would then be hypocritical. By all means question the piece of history quoted for relevance to the subject as we do not all connect those dots the same way.

I also think that we need be careful of conspiracies, they spread to quickly, people pass them on to quickly like we are now doing with this virus. Facts matter to in a conspiracy. I find that more people then not believe and spread conspiracies when they limit themselves to one source of intake.

History has shown us over and over the deceptive and unconscionable behaviors of the Chinese gov. A lot of truths about China sound like wild conspiracy and turn out to be fairly accurate. BUT you are correct and I agree! We need to watch the spreading of glamorous falsehoods, lest we stoop to FOX or CNN levels of bias and sensationalism at the expense of personal/journalistic integrity. There are still a lot of unknowns with regards to this latest Chinavirus, and I think a lot of folks are filling in the blanks, naturally, since there is a deficit of factual information from China.

Anyone waiting for honesty or accurate information from China is going to be sorely disappointed. We are never going to know how many cases or deaths they had from this, or how exactly it came about. About all that has any compelling proof is that it did start around central China, and likely came from a lab or wet market, and we dont/wont ever even know that for sure. This is the consequence of China's behaviors for the last few generations, in the absence of any verifiable information conspiracy theories will fly!. As you stated, we should not be in a hurry to make that happen.

ALSO...changing gears... Since this is still a Chinavirus thread I have noticed some relevant coverage about the drug trials that have been taking place here in SD.

Lets hope we find a fix soon.[/QUOTE]

Me to mano, me too. We'll get through this, we are resilient and tough. You seem to be a pretty sharp dude, I always enjoy your posts and exchanging info and ideas with you (and others too of course). Have a great weekend all!

I have to agree with Freebird. History here and on other forums have shown that discussions regarding politics, religion, and gun rights cause disagreements and personal attacks. Sure, it is okay if I agree with "you" (not any one person being mentioned) but should someone disagree then arguments start....and Freebird sends us to our rooms for punishment.

I've seen threads being allowed to continue when the discussions were kept at a decent level. They do tend to reach a point where the thread has to be deleted by the moderators and friendships are broken. Carl/Don don't want to and shouldn't have to get involved in breaking up fights. I agree with the site's restrictions and don't want to see opinions/posts using religion or politics in people's justification for their opinions. And I'm sure there are others here that don't want me to voice my opinions/responses.

Just my opinion, non political, non religious. It seems to me those two things get in the way of honest discussion. In the Canadian Legion you are not allowed to discuss religion or politics...leads to too many fights, but you can discuss anything else, such as economics. Shut Down China. Impossible. For many years China has been supporting their major market by buying hundreds of millions of treasury bonds and investing money. They do not want the US to fail as it is their major market. They want to make it dependant on China. At the same time China has supported North Korea against world sanctions. This makes North Korea dependant on China. China has also invaded south asian territories by taking uninhabited atolls and building military posts on them. Many of these atolls have been in other countries waters. They intend to take over the south china seas which is the largest shipping corridor in the world.They want to be the largest super power in the world. They can not do it politically but they are close to doing it economically.

In history there were the lords and serfs, owned by the lords. The economy and development were stagnant. When international trade developed it created the middle class. This spread out the wealth and the middle class had disposable income. Much progress was made. We are the middle class. without us the economy fails and we are back to lords and serfs. China is a dictatorship, lords and serfs, but it will crumble as more information gets to the serfs and they start to rebel. In the western world the lords are big business who would like nothing better than to turn all of us into serfs. In my opinion this plan can not work. To have a healthy economy you have to have the middle class with disposable income. Anything else will be a failure.

Just my opinion, non political, non religious. It seems to me those two things get in the way of honest discussion. In the Canadian Legion you are not allowed to discuss religion or politics...leads to too many fights, but you can discuss anything else, such as economics. Shut Down China. Impossible. For many years China has been supporting their major market by buying hundreds of millions of treasury bonds and investing money. They do not want the US to fail as it is their major market. They want to make it dependant on China. At the same time China has supported North Korea against world sanctions. This makes North Korea dependant on China. China has also invaded south asian territories by taking uninhabited atolls and building military posts on them. Many of these atolls have been in other countries waters. They intend to take over the south china seas which is the largest shipping corridor in the world.They want to be the largest super power in the world. They can not do it politically but they are close to doing it economically.

In history there were the lords and serfs, owned by the lords. The economy and development were stagnant. When international trade developed it created the middle class. This spread out the wealth and the middle class had disposable income. Much progress was made. We are the middle class. without us the economy fails and we are back to lords and serfs. China is a dictatorship, lords and serfs, but it will crumble as more information gets to the serfs and they start to rebel. In the western world the lords are big business who would like nothing better than to turn all of us into serfs. In my opinion this plan can not work. To have a healthy economy you have to have the middle class with disposable income. Anything else will be a failure.

I decide I don't want to play the Chnia game anymore and I am going to another forum to share my unbounding wisdom with them, at least till they throw me out.

Have fun and keep it civil please.

Bubber

I happened to look for my last reply to this post and it must have been deleted.

Also I noticed that on the thread for "Shut down China" there is a red box over to the right. So not knowing what it was I clicked on it.

So if my last reply was deleted so be it. After all there must be some order to our forum. Not even sure I remember what it was that I said other than I may have used a three letter word. So so be it then. It is lost forever into the ibis of cyber world.

If there was something in there that offended someone, I am sorry. I was just trying to add a little humor to the post.

Bubber

Sure!!! now you are in your corner,,, you know how dangerous that is for the rest of us??? Me??? I'm going to be very careful.. yes sireee!

To answer some questions:

First on what was deleted. I didn't want to delete the whole thread, it's too good to dump in the garbage. I've been enjoying it immensely. So I though I would just go and delete some posts and then be done with it,,,,,it turns out> not so fast young fella,,, you need to read them all again, and then decide, up or down, annnnd then what would it do to the conversation going on,,does it leave a hole, a blind spot,,,well then I run into another load of comments and the reference goes back to something that just got the hevho,,, another decision,,, decisions, decisions. Yep not easy going through a thread and pickin and chosin, no wonder whole threads get dumped. So now you have a bit of an insight.

Second: Some comments as to why religious comments are sometimes left to live, but not politics. Ohh that's a hard one, don't know if I have the answer, but I might try. In politics there is often a difference of opinion and we think we are always right and so want to stand our ground, I think because it generally involves our physical well-being or maybe even our morals. Not a bad thing really,, it's good to have an opinion and stick with it,,, problem comes in when the bashing starts and bad feelings are generated. You know the score, it goes from bad to worse.

Religious comments on the other hand have more to do with our love for one another, we mostly are trying to help each other, so often these might be left to live. Religious threads though, would be a different story altogether, for then some could really get riled up and nasty, hence we want to stay away from them as well. After all, we are all religious, some in a higher or other being, and some in themselves, and before this goes out of bounds (I could go on for a bit yet) I will rest it here.

Don't know if this helped at all,, I might have to delete this as well.

Back to my corner,,,, on the other side of the room.

Bubber

I decide I don't want to play the Chnia game anymore and I am going to another forum to share my unbounding wisdom with them, at least till they throw me out.

Have fun and keep it civil please.

Bubber

Sure!!! now you are in your corner,,, you know how dangerous that is for the rest of us??? Me??? I'm going to be very careful.. yes sireee!

First on what was deleted. I didn't want to delete the whole thread, it's too good to dump in the garbage. I've been enjoying it immensely. So I though I would just go and delete some posts and then be done with it,,,,,it turns out> not so fast young fella,,, you need to read them all again, and then decide, up or down, annnnd then what would it do to the conversation going on,,does it leave a hole, a blind spot,,,well then I run into another load of comments and the reference goes back to something that just got the hevho,,, another decision,,, decisions, decisions. Yep not easy going through a thread and pickin and chosin, no wonder whole threads get dumped. So now you have a bit of an insight.

Second: Some comments as to why religious comments are sometimes left to live, but not politics. Ohh that's a hard one, don't know if I have the answer, but I might try. In politics there is often a difference of opinion and we think we are always right and so want to stand our ground, I think because it generally involves our physical well-being or maybe even our morals. Not a bad thing really,, it's good to have an opinion and stick with it,,, problem comes in when the bashing starts and bad feelings are generated. You know the score, it goes from bad to worse.

Religious comments on the other hand have more to do with our love for one another, we mostly are trying to help each other, so often these might be left to live. Religious threads though, would be a different story altogether, for then some could really get riled up and nasty, hence we want to stay away from them as well. After all, we are all religious, some in a higher or other being, and some in themselves, and before this goes out of bounds (I could go on for a bit yet) I will rest it here.

Hey ya confounded lop eared 2nd gear missin varmints.. Carl,, ya missed the 3rdly point!! That being going back and figuring out who ya shot and who ya didnt!!! Ends up,, ya never did snip one of Bubbers wings :big-grin-emoticon:.. And Bubber,, thinking ya must of ya misplaced the missing post somewhere around your man cave cause the deleted post is not evident here :big-grin-emoticon:! I went back and double checked,,, you definitely lost it somewhere else cause no sign of a deleted post with your name on it in this thread :crackup:

Well Carl now that I have stopped laughing my my shoes off watching you skate across 401 rush hour traffic to get to the other side where the lineup to the internet cafe is shorter...

I must admit that as I am an X Quebecer and therefore very capable in our 3 inherent gifts, hockey, politics and women all at the same time when necessary, I feel as tho I have been taking advantage of my friends here in this watering hole and will do my best to stop causing you to risk yourself in the above mentioned hazard!

Beginning soonish, I promise ;) cross my fingers and looking forward to the next dash across the 401 lol I will eventually mend my ways, maybe.

I have to agree with Freebird. History here and on other forums have shown that discussions regarding politics, religion, and gun rights cause disagreements and personal attacks. Sure, it is okay if I agree with "you" (not any one person being mentioned) but should someone disagree then arguments start....and Freebird sends us to our rooms for punishment.

I've seen threads being allowed to continue when the discussions were kept at a decent level. They do tend to reach a point where the thread has to be deleted by the moderators and friendships are broken. Carl/Don don't want to and shouldn't have to get involved in breaking up fights. I agree with the site's restrictions and don't want to see opinions/posts using religion or politics in people's justification for their opinions. And I'm sure there are others here that don't want me to voice my opinions/responses.

I have seen these sorts of topics go off the rails so I see the validity to your point, and I have never understood why we attack each other when things get heated. I get a little bummed to see folks I have come to respect taking shots at ea. other. I still don't totally agree but I am moving my position a bit on reading your view. It's on us, not the mod, to be able to hug it out and agree to disagree after said debate. As I recall some folks did hug it out.

It might help if I realize I'm a minority here (and virtually everywhere) and adjust my expectations. I know I'm an oddball misfit with a healthy skepticism of virtually everything, and a significant innate contempt for authority. I count many religious folks, conservatives and liberals among my dearest friends although those ideal sets seem too rigid and make not a lick of sense to me. It was a revelation to realize that I did not have to understand/agree in order to accept and tolerate. I really like the wild diversity of the friends I do have, it's overall positive and has helped me evolve greatly in the last couple decades.

Sometimes I forget what hot buttons these subjects can be and also that written text lacks connotation, contributing to misunderstanding and hard feelings. I feel like if we were all sitting at a campfire smoking a fatty or knocking back brewskies none of these subjects would elicit actual conflict :stickpoke:

I still don't care for censorship or fully agree, but I guess I get why it was used here. Thank you for speaking up, I'm glad you did.

I don't consider the limits on discussion topics to be censorship. This is a motorcycle forum and the rules are clearly stated about taboo subjects. I've been involved in some of the taboo threads and the moderators will let discussions happen, provided it doesn't get argumentative. They do monitor, and add to discussions....and give warnings where necessary. But there is still a line in the sand that can't be crossed.

Don't like to see members say they are leaving because they can't speak their mind/opinion on certain subjects....but the rules are the rules. Stay withing certain limits and all is good. Push too far and posts need to be deleted. Open discussion is okay....and I've had theological discussions with people of different religions (in person) that were really good discussions, and there have been a couple threads here over the years that were nice discussions pro/con gun control....until they went a little too far.

Praise to the mods for being reasonable and liberal (small "L"). Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Marcarl

Re: Shut down China

Wow!!! you all clean up pretty good for a Sunday Morning,,,, who'd A thought?

Bubber

I was just checking in on all of you and I read Marcarl's remark.

Did I leave my camera on? How do you know that I clean up good or not?

See what I did there? I blamed Marcarl for all of my problems. good thing Marcarl has big shoulders and thick skin too.

Lets get back to arguing about 1st gen Vs 2nd gens and not who did what to who.

We will have plenty of time for that in the weeks to come.

Arguing about religion and politics is a no win for either side. Kind of like someone coming to your door and trying to convert you to a different political party or religion. Ya It just ain't going to happen.

Everybody just take a deep breath and relax about the whole who done what thing.

Remember we came here to argue about motorcycle and have a laugh and just get away from the world and the problems of life.

At least I do! This is my escape from reality and life's little curve balls.

I want to have fun with Yamma Momma and see what trouble she is stirring up with out me. Sorry Yamma Momma for that bus that just ran you over, but you get what I mean. People that have met me, I think realize that I would rather have a laugh or two than a deep seated argument about almost anything.

There is a place for everything in life and this is the place to talk about motorcycle and poke fun here and there and enjoy each others company.

That what I come here for. So lets get on with it!

Yamma Momma if your reading this I can't make it to the toga party cause I sent my best toga out to the dry cleaners so all I got is my birthday suit.

Besides Marcarl turned on my camera and he has been watching me from that secret location in Canada. Hope he gets an eye full.

Best to all you folks and enjoy the forum and it's members, I know I do.

In the immortal words of Black Owl........ "Shut the hell up Bubber"

Ya I know .... back to the bowl in the corner

Bubber

I wonder if Zag has chosen to dig that 300 year old oak tree out from under that little rock in his driveway?

The sub forums are about reliable touring motorcycles? Therefore if that being the case we might want to all gather at the Gen I sub forum and have a weeny roast.

In my time here I have felt the need once to apologize to a member some couple years back, Will, when he first joined up.

A joke went sideways and from what I know it was likely Carl's handyman touch that did the cleaning.

We are men after all and free ones at that. Now there is way too much paw licking going on in this thread at the moment for me to post my recent dot connecting so, I will pm a couple of you broader minded men as to what my recent findings suggest and not mussup any more toenailpolish.

Nations were carved out of debate and argument, nothing wrong with pressing out wrinkles.

Take a position defend your position or make changes to it that is what friendship-s extends from one and on to the other.

Seriously guys..

I wonder if Zag has chosen to dig that 300 year old oak tree out from under that little rock in his driveway?

No, but I did just finish running to the dump and piling brush beside the road in front of my house. My wife planted a "dwarf" cedar near our garage and when it got up past the garage roof, we figured that the "dwarf" claim was a lie and we had to cut it down. Lots of brush to deal with. On top of the usual ginormous piles of garden junk from my wife. Fortunately, our village just reopened the dump this week. My garage was completely full of stuff that needed a new home. Now I just have bikes, lawnmower, and snowblower.

zag

one for the road

watching the POTUS give his daily CCP Virus update at the time,, will DEFINITELY take a peek when time permits Patch - I love history! You get a chance to watch the two vids I posted up in this thread? Careful out there on the road,, keep er pinned so them virus dont catch ya!!

Great video.:canada:

I never really thought about it much, but I never really thought of Canada as a different country.....Our commonality of geography, culture and (mostly) language make it seem like more than just our neighbor to the North. Glad to have such a fantastic neighbor.

:325: