IGNORED

350hp Yamaha

Condor

Got to thinkin' about this thing. If they can produce something like this with all the high tech gizmos you can muster, why can't they come up with a V4 that puts out 175hp and stuff it in a RSV. They'd certainly sell more to a larger market than that big OB.....:detective:

This would be great for Sturgin Fishing on the Columbia River near the coast line.

As far as 175 HP in touring bike, check out the new Kawaski, touring. make over of the ZX - 14. You are right in the ball park on HP.

Or , bolt a Turbo on a Hyabusa, for about 2k, and you will get about 350 HP for your trouble. ( No S ---- I have seen it done )

Got to thinkin' about this thing. If they can produce something like this with all the high tech gizmos you can muster, why can't they come up with a V4 that puts out 175hp and stuff it in a RSV. They'd certainly sell more to a larger market than that big OB.....:detective:

Are you kidding? I'm sure they will sell far more of those outboards in a year than they will Ventures.

If somebody can figure out how to get this F350 (sounds like Ford to me) onto a 2nd gen, then maybe, just maybe the rest of us wouldn't have to drink so much beer waiting for everybody to join us for lunch.

One can't put such a Motor in a Bike. Because these Watersport-Engines are designed for intaking fresh and cool Water for Enginecooling and spit the Water out when used for cooling. If you put a Cooling System on the Engine, you might need about 100 Liters of Water for the System and a Cooler which is as big as the Bike is.

Besides, the Design of the Engine is Upwards and it can't be uses in a 90 Degrees turned Position.

:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

If you want to have a real Beast in the Venture, wait some Months, i've heard that there's someone building a Vmax V4-Engine with about 1800 ccm, 90 mm Pistons, expected HP should be around 260 SAE-HP.

:D :D :D :D :D

I live in MN. You should see the number of boats around here. BIG boats. Besides, these are also meant for the big offshore dual outboard boats. These will be very popular and .

And I've been in the marine biz for over 40 years. They might sell big numbers if everyone used them exclusively, but they won't. There are other power options out there. I think you'll find that compared to MC sales they'll have a very limited market even on a world wide basis. In this economy, if you take a look at the numbers you'll find that boat sales are very stagnate, and MC sales are on the rise. Not because they're luxury based, but because they're a cheap mode of transportation. I'll stick with my first statement, and say they should put more effort into their MC developement..

One can't put such a Motor in a Bike. Because these Watersport-Engines are designed for intaking fresh and cool Water for Enginecooling and spit the Water out when used for cooling. If you put a Cooling System on the Engine, you might need about 100 Liters of Water for the System and a Cooler which is as big as the Bike is.

Besides, the Design of the Engine is Upwards and it can't be uses in a 90 Degrees turned Position.

:no-no-no: :no-no-no: :no-no-no:

If you want to have a real Beast in the Venture, wait some Months, i've heard that there's someone building a Vmax V4-Engine with about 1800 ccm, 90 mm Pistons, expected HP should be around 260 SAE-HP.

:D :D :D :D :D

You could ride it on rainy days:250:

Seems there intent is for larger boats.

The F350 will allow our boat builder partners to make outboard-powered boats that could reach 40 feet or more in length,” said Phil Dyskow, Yamaha Marine Group president. “At the same time, it’s a great power solution for a lot of existing boats. The F350 will be the choice for anyone who ever wished for more off-shore outboard power and thrust.”

“The development of the F350 was truly an example of Yamaha’s partnership,” said Leon Slikkers, chairman and COO of S2 Yachts (the parent company of Pursuit Boats). “We’ve been working together on the idea of the F350 for several years. It’s great to know we will have them on the transom soon.”

I have a friend who's putting 3 of them on his new boat. It'll burn 100gph@75knts with a 500gallon tank... Ouch!!! Figures it'll cost him right at $2500 in fuel to go from Sandy Eggo to Cabo... Takes me a little longer but costs a whole lot less.... 0-40gals...depending on whether I put up the sails....or not....:)