IGNORED

Stiff kickstand

Jthomas

Is it normal for the kick stand to be very stiff to put down? My new to me 07 rsv is replacing mt 09 750 shadow. My shadow kickstand was very easy to use but most of the time i have to stand on my right leg and really push down and out on the rsv's. Is there an easy and safe adjustment i can do to make it easier?

Is it normal for the kick stand to be very stiff to put down? My new to me 07 rsv is replacing mt 09 750 shadow. My shadow kickstand was very easy to use but most of the time i have to stand on my right leg and really push down and out on the rsv's. Is there an easy and safe adjustment i can do to make it easier?

Moly grease it and the spring perches as well.

I use to be able to take a couple long road trips. All sorts of weather and days rides with maybe once or twice throwing the kickstand down. A couple times when getting home I would notice the same, man this thing seem stiff. A shot of lube once in awhile and she was good. The other trick a fellow on a different bike had done was put a few washers or pennies in the spring between winds.